Page 228 of 608 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 6078

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 228

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    oh thank God it isn't my computer!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Cool! My Go Wear Fit just synced to MFP. My calories burned and step are now counted. It doesn't seem to have changed my custom made goals.

That is interesting. It always increases all of mine. Maybe the GoWearFit syncs differently. Lucky you!

So last night after dinner I was looking for something sweet. Habit not hunger (almost 2 weeks of vaca will do that to a person). So I managed to just make myself a cup of tea with a splash of cream. Sugar averted. yeah!

So yesterday went very well. I was home all day and got most of the Christmas decorations taken down, will now spend the rest of the week putting them away and cleaning up the evergreen needles and glitter. Today is my first day back to work! Hope I remember how to do everything! I start full days today too. Gonna be interesting.

Anyway, my stats from yesterday...

Calories 1774
    Carbs 36g - fiber 16g = 20g net 7%
    Fat 156g 77%
    Protein 73g 15%

Not sure why my carbs are over by 1g, my protein is over by 3g, and my fat is over by 12g and yet my calories are only 74 over? Obviously a math error somewhere. Whatever, As long as I am under 1900 calories I am doing better than I have been for years. And that will have to make a difference at some point. Slow and steady wins the race.

ok, so I am doing the math and multiplying the macros by their respective values in calories then adding it all up my calories come up to 1840. So 66 more calories than the total than MFP gives. I am guessing it is about rounding. So for example, when I put in 2 eggs it says 9g of fat, but 1 egg has 5g because it doesn't show fractions of a gram. So rounding in either direction could account for the "error". This is unlikely to have an effect on my fat loss so I am not going to worry about it!

well, if I don't eat anything else I am good to go on my stats, except that my protein is a tad high (ate lunch out today with the work crew, had broiled chicken on my salad) Really any amount of meat with what I have planned for my meals pretty much puts me over. I could cut out the whey in my morning drink, but I like it, so for now, I will just go with it and see what happens.

Anytime I start a statement "if I don't eat anything else" you know it is not going to end well. That is an invitation to me to get in the kitchen! I did not do horribly, made healthy choices but since I was at my goals before I started it obviously pushed me over.

STATS:

Calories:1983 (1700 goal so its high)
    Carbs: 36g (35g is goal, so ok here) minus fiber 15g equals 21g net
    Fat: 164g (140g is goal, so its high)
    Protein: 106g (70 is goal, so is high)

Less puffy today though.

So I saw a note that in Primal body, Primal Mind, the author suggests that getting more than 25g of protein at one sitting is an issue. So today's experiment with macros is to keep each meal's protein under 25g (duh). I have planned the morning and lunch already. Even packed my lunch for work already. This will take me over my 70g goal, but I will ease into that once I get used to this. I do better if I don't try to do it all at once.

For Breakfast, I am just going to cut down on the amount of whey in the drink, what the heck that is a powder and it does not have to be a whole scoop right?

This morning for my green tea matcha I used kerrygold butter (14g) as well as my HWC (30g) and whipped it up to frothy, it was yummy!

The other thing I am trying to do is to fairly equally balance my calories between meals, with lunch being slightly higher to avoid afternoon snacking.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    You look to be set up for a great food day Chris. I just figured out myself that if I like my protein stretched out throughout the day I need to keep my proteins at @ 25g/meal. However, in helping my mom who needs only 52g of protein we talked that if she does 25g for 2 meals she can decided based on her other macros what she will do for the 3rd usually last meal. For her a bulletproof decaf coffee in the evening with an egg or some berries (lighter fair) is an option.

I forgot the butter in my coffee this morning <------ weird sentence huh? LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I don't know why I didn't think of the butter in the tea sooner, I add butter, MCT, and HWC to DS's coffee every morning since he doesn't eat breakfast and eats a pretty small lunch.

It is easiest for me to be flexible with what I eat for dinner than to play too much with lunch. I won't mess hardly at all with breakfast, since I can't really chew in the morning. (I wear an "oral device" for sleep apnea and my teeth are tender first thing)

Oh, by the way, I don't know if I ever said anything or not, but that bill that they kept sending me for that device...the one that they wanted $1700 for after they said it would be less than $200, but they screwed up filing it and still wanted me to pay? yeah that one. Well after, what, at least 2 years of monthly phone calls to the doctor's office and the insurance company I finally got a hold of someone in the insurance office that knew how to fix it. They sent in a letter to contest the bill. We got the final bill just before I left for break...$66. Yep, we had already paid $35 so I just wanted to send a check for $31, but DH said "are you crazy, send the $66 and hurry before they change their mind and you spend 2 more years fighting it" So I did. All done. Unless of course the idiot at the doc's office sends me another bill!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Well at least its resolved now.. crazy!! I hate dealing with ins companies.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Yep! But actually it turns out that it was the doctor's office that screwed up (in multiple ways), wouldn't admit it or fix it, and finally the insurance company just amended the claim.