Page 227 of 652 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 6514

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 227

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So yesterday went very well. I ate what I had planned to eat and didn't eat anything I didn't plan to eat. I did not crave or even think about eating anything sweet or crunchy or carby. I did not prowl the pantry or even have to stop myself from prowling the pantry. This is a new experience. Very good experience.

My macros are a little off (protein high, ok with the carbs they were all veggie, calories tad high) so some tweaking is in order, but still all in all a good day!

Carbs: 40g minus Fiber: 16g equals Net Carbs: 24g
    Fat 143g
    Protein 105g
    Calories 1837
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-07-2013 at 05:14 AM.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Great First Day!

My intake has been too high too.
    My Fitness Pal says that at 1850 cals using my 75%, 20%, 5% customized set up, I should eat 157g fat, 94 g protein, and 23g carb.
    (I went over on everything yesterday. For TTOM, I am allowing myself to eat whatever I want that is fat and protein.)

Whereas in our original formula I should have 154 g fat, 77g protein and 39g carb. Not sure whether the higher protein or carb is better, but I find that my actual food intake naturally matches the MFP plan. It remains to be seen if 94g protein will keep me out of ketosis.

PS Thanks for supporting me on the EMF thread. As you said, I just wanted to put a word in for those with disordered eating.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-07-2013 at 05:26 AM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Yea, the MFP sets the carbs and protein a tad differently than what I want but my numbers are easy enough to remember, so I ignore their goals. Plus they change when the fitbit syncs the steps, making them way high. But funny thing is I had so much trouble getting my protein high when we were trying to do that, and now I am having a bit of an issue getting it down! I am generally shooting to do less than 30g of it per meal.

p.s. we have both traveled that "I feel great, so great I don't need food, oops giant binge, giant binge, how do I get off this merry-go-round" road before. I think it was smart of you to put in a good word.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Awesome news about day 1. I agree with getting the protein numbers down closer to the goal. What is funny is when we struggled to get it so high!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I know! we struggled so hard to get that protein up!

I think tomorrow I will add a tsp of coconut oil to my morning matcha. I don't want to add a T yet because I really like the taste the way it is, I don't want to mess with success, but a little of the coconut oil in the hot tea will help with the fat numbers. Although I don't really need help with that so much as I need to get it without getting so much protein. I actually think you could do this HFLC and be a vegetarian (not that I would mind you). My current goal is to get 30ish grams of protein each meal, then I will drop a little from that until I get to about 23g per meal.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Oh so you are saying that if i sync my Go Wear Fit to MFP, it will change the custom goals I set up? Grrrr

I don't love the co in my coffee either. Like an oil slick on top. BUT, I want a regular intake of 2 TBSP. What to Do? I could drink cm with co in the am...lol

yep, it will "kindly" update your goals for you. I have not figured out how to get it to stop short of not wearing the fitbit, which is of course not a reasonable solution. But i keep trying. Currently my numbers are pretty easy to remember so I don't worry too much about it. 70g/35g/140g/1700

I think a tsp won't horribly effect the taste, we'll see. The thing that might help is that I use a stick blender for my matcha since it is basically just green tea leaves that have been dried and turned into a powder. So you have to whip it, and the HWC gives it a nice froth. I think as long as I don't let it get cold, the tsp of co will be fine.

I have made the primal creamer and it is really really good, you should give it a whirl and see if you can use it.

I don't get a regular intake of the co, wish it would stay liquid and I could use it on my salad. I do always cook with it though.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Hey Paula, I just realized that I use a tablespoon of MCT in my morning drink. It is 100% the medium-chain-triglycerides that you want to get from the coconut oil, but co is only about 60% MCT. It is pricey, totally flavorless, and mixes well in the drinks (I also put a T in DS's morning coffee-which is a version of BP coffee since he doesn't eat breakfast). So I only need to use 1T of co.

You can get the MCT from whole foods, but I ordered it online for much less (I am thinking like half as much money)...NOW Foods MCT Oil | Medium Chain Triglycerides | MCT's Oil

rats, another double post, don't know if it is my computer or the site.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Site has been acting funny today.