Page 226 of 629 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 6281

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 226

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yay for the treadmill! We're thinking about moving to Costco, although the AE is one of its drawbacks. Some of them apparently have good deals on coconut oil, have pastured chicken, etc. It's actually on our list to go check them out in the next few days
    -- Ruth

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    No, we don't use a debit card. My daughter will use hers, with her card while she is away at school though. I will take the check book today, and pick up the AmEx application. Since I have not really worked since we had the kids, I think that I probably need to re-establish some credit.

Their coconut oil is a great price, I think it was $15 (maybe $17, I am horrible with numbers, sorry) for a 54oz container. It is "pure, unrefined, cold pressed, organic". BFF had picked one up for me and I really like it. I think they also have access to pasture raised beef. BFF really likes their produce too. It is my hope that I will just end up shopping at Trader Joes for most groceries and Costco for those things I used to have to go to Kroger or Target for.

We limit our trips - it's too easy to spend too much money. But, if I could buy chicken, etc. in bulk, then I separate and freeze I can find great beef, but struggle to find good chicken. Trader Joe's is too far away from house for grocery shopping
    -- Ruth

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I would use costco more if I could go without the hubs. We spend so much $$$$.

Actually for me, taking Dh seriously curtails the spending. If it isn't on the list he won't buy it and doesn't want me to either. Today, they had a set of SS mixing bowls with lids I have been looking all over for. Luckily, this past week at the beach they had a set and I had added it to my "list of things to get" otherwise I would not have gotten out of the store with them!

Also I am finding that now that I have been more than a few times I am not as enamored as I was the first few times I went.

They had huge roasted chickens for $5!

We spent $300, but we got DH some t-shirts, undies, and socks, and DS got new boxers as well. I am pretty sure it has been years, and all of that stuff was on the list!

I love the free app on my phone- it is "Use Your Handwriting" and has 10 lists you can name whatever you want, and well, use your handwriting to write (on a touch screen) so much easier and faster! and my list is always with me and always updated. Perfect for a new Costco member!

As luck would have it, Trader Joes is the closest most convenient grocery store to my house.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I would love to check out costco.. we just have same here.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

BFF uses Sams for the Club (she is the manager of a pool and tennis club in the summer). She says it is better for the sorts of things she needs there. Although I did get my kcups from there, and Dh's micro fiber clothes, and they have a decent selection of SF syrups.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

There are things I like about both, although I'm unwilling to pay for 2 memberships

I think eventually I will be able to use just TJ's and Costco and be just fine. I will forget the things I could not live without from the other stores, just like I have forgotten the things I could not live without before I started shopping at TJ's. I also do a monthly run to Whole Foods.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day