Page 224 of 651 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 6507

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 224

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    One of the interesting things about my BFF is that her hubby and mine get along great, and I get along great with her hubby and she gets along great with mine. So every combination works, which is really nice for vacationing together. Also, she works unGodly hours in the summer, so we basically don't see each other or talk for the whole summer and once that is over it is like we just saw each other yesterday. The funny thing is that her personality is very like my DH and my personality is very similar to her DH so we tend to be the voice of reason when one of us is complaining about the hubs. We also have a rule that basically we are not allowed to think less of the others spouse after a tirade. We know that there will be no divorce, and that it is just a rant. This works really well to keep things fun when we all get together!

I think she doesn't think about the stuff they do for us, partially because it is mostly her DH that does the stuff and she probably doesn't know about half of it. He is crafty, and creative, and is constantly helping me with something, he also has an ebay account and when I want something from there he gets it for me. He is also my DH's assistant when brewing beer.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    We have the same rules about DH. I rant to few people, because sometimes I just need to get it off my chest, but then I need them not to think he is "bad". He's just human We don't see eachother that often, but no matter what, she still "knows" the inner core of me. It's a very precious gift!
    -- Ruth

The guy who introduced us and his wife are a lot of fun. They are the ones we took dance lessons with for so many years. But they live in Florida, although they do come and visit a couple of times a year. But while we could go on vaca together and have a great time (well and we have) it is not quite the same. My current BFF is a fantastic situation. A very precious gift.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I love your crafty, money saving Christmas ideas. We spent a ridiculous amount of money.

My favorite gifts for my guys this year were home made T shirts and personalized journals. They loved them too. I guess we should get a clue.

My BFF is my old college roomate. She lives on Long Island and cares for her sick husband, so we never see each other. When we talk on the phone, the distance just falls away. I regret not having a close friend who lives closer. I have not been successful in forming that type of relationship here.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-28-2012 at 05:25 AM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

My kids have never been big on the Christmas presents. Usually one thing really holds it for them and the rest kind of falls away. Now that one is in college and one ready to go to college they would probably just prefer money or gift cards. But I sort of lean toward experiential type things. Which is why I love the fireball kit for my son. My DD is actually craftier than I am, so really my gift to her was to spark a new craft idea for her with the mermaid pic as well as giving her the Altoids tins. She immediately went to pinterest to pin ideas to redo the tins. I also got her some really nice yarn, I have a yarn store I go to and they give rewards for buying with them. I had $25 worth of free yarn I could get, so I just went to their clearance bin and got her a few skeins of pretty stuff.

My BFF and I and another woman we are bringing into the fold, are going to go on a "retreat" in early spring. There is a state park resort, a really nice one, in Southern Kentucky. Very Cheap, close enough and far enough, and beautiful. We are going to go for the weekend, take a lot of wine and cheese and just hang out! Very excited. We are going to rent a small cabin.

We don't exchange gifts at all anymore with anyone. I do collect stuff for my parents, but don't really think of it as gifts so much as turning them onto whatever cool things I find. Dh is still at home, the weather is still too bad for him to fly, and yesterday he sent me a wikipedia about Festivus. We give to charity as we come across one we are emotional about, but for family it ends up you just spend the same amount of money on each other to get each other something you didn't really want and you could use the money better on yourself.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Hope you are enjoying Florida and the weather is lovely!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Having a great time as long as I can stay out of the same room as my kids. They are unhappy that we are gone so long it is a pain to be around them! Loved hanging with my parents and sister out at the firepit. Now get to hang with BFF and family so I am loving life.

The food, well fat is easy, still probably eating too many calories, but no sugar or starch, unless you count the margarita last night. But I can only drink a part of one, I am a very cheap date! Gonna switch to wine I think, I can still only drink a small glass of it too.

Well I am off to pick up the hubs from the airport, he was able to get out today, YEAH!!!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Sounds like a great vacation (well, except for whiny kids!). So glad you are getting to enjoy time with your parents and friends.

I am a very cheap date as well. My favorite is crown and coke, but I probably only drink once or twice a year. I'd rather have a chocolate cake...
    -- Ruth

Chris - happy new year! Hope you are having a wonderful time in Florida.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Happy New Year!! When do you head home?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.