Page 223 of 644 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 6431

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 223

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Chris,
    I made your primal granola for my sister gifts this year. I put the granola in Christmas themed Chinese food boxes with a colorful wine charm with their initial hanging from the handle.

We had our big family get together today and they all raved about the granola.

Thank you for the recipe.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Glad it worked, they sound adorable! I tend to forget recipes once I make them, and had forgotten all about that one! Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by demuralist; 12-24-2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: spelling duh

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Merry Christmas Chris!! Enjoy your vacation. Oh, I pinned a wreath that made me think of you and Florida this morning!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I will have to go on pinterest now!

We had a great trip down. No traffic at all! One spot of really bad weather in south Georgia that slowed us a bit. Stopped and got DS a sub since nothing I brought looked good to him (DD and I ate the goodies I brought).

I did not track and won't be tracking while I am away. I am going to take one day at a time, and just do the best I can with the choices I have. I am thinking I will put what I eat on this journal for this week and a half.

So yesterday, I had my normal morning shake, but with 3 eggs and no whey since I wanted to finish the eggs. I also had my normal green matcha with half and half. I also mixed up one of my 50oz bottles of tea to take along.

Then later I had one square of the coconut bars.

Then after we stopped to get DS the sub (I didn't get anything) I had 5 fat bombs.

Once we got to mom's she had made a pot roast with veggies. I ate mostly the meat and whatever pieces of veggies were sticking to that. I also had a large salad.

She brought out some povitica (this is a Croatian nut roll-to die for-but she bought it since she is not really a cook so no guilt in not eating any) and some pumpkin pie (also store bought-again no guilt) and I passed on both! Yeah me!

Success breeds success, it felt good. I still have quite a few of the coconut bars left, but only maybe 8 or so of the little fat bombs. May have to go shopping for ingredients (which will be impossible to find in this little town!). I also have at least a cup of the cream cheese/olive mix and cut up persian cucumbers to dip in it (ran out of celery). So I should be ok for a while.

My BFF got me a Costco membership for Christmas, so I will stop there on our way to the second leg of the Florida trip and stock up on things I need to make that week doable.

Yeah for your food choices. I hear costco has awesome primal friendly food. I have never been to one and can only say that Sams does not (as far as I can see- no coconut butter or oil). You might google/research a bit for alternative ingredients for fat bombs. You could use almond butter or some such thing instead of coconut butter if you can not find it.

Sounds like you are off to a great start of the vacation! Have a good time!
    Karin

yep, I will do some research, I have been a couple of times and they do have some great sources for meat, and a fantastic price on coconut oil. So I am excited to see what else they have.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Woo hoo, Chris. Sounds good. Hope you have a wonderful vacation. Costco membership for Christmas, that's a cool gift.

I have a feeling if you make/take a lot of good stuff like the coconut bars, cream cheese/olive spread, etc, everyone else will be eating them too!

Did DH fly or drive with you guys?
    -- Ruth

DH is gonna fly. He would have really gone crazy driving on Christmas, cause no food is available! Plus we hit horrendous rain in South Georgia and being a passenger in traffic or bad weather makes him nervous. Not nervous enough to drive mind you, but nervous.

He can't fly Christmas day cause the small airports that he uses aren't open. And unfortunately the weather went bad at home, so he didn't make it out yesterday. He may make it today or tomorrow. Otherwise he will meet us in St. George.

So yesterday, I ate too much, but all "legal" no sugar or starch. I say it was too much because physically I ended up feeling over full at the end of the night.

Bacon and eggs for breakfast (sis cooked on the grill)!

Lunch was veggies with cream cheese/olive dip and a few pieces of some really good cheese

Dinner was a salad with pot roast

I also ate a coconut bar and some fat bombs (I am out so gotta go to the grocery store).

BFF and I had agreed to stop buying gifts for each other, but I cut their hair and our dinners are always at our house-which is bigger- and it makes her feel like the relationship is lopsided. I think they do a lot for us (ie. I used her car for 2 weeks after DD totaled our van). But she is afraid that if she keeps feeling the relationship is lopsided that it will deteriorate the friendship. I let it go this year, but we will have to talk about it next year!

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Friendships are funny that way. I make more money (right now) than my BFF and I enjoy spoiling her, but it makes her uncomfortable, so I have stopped.

Sounds like a good eating day. I noticed yesterday that I am eating too fast and then I feel overly full. It's funny, too, because I'm not necessarily eating a lot in volume. But it's hitting me - my stomach goes "oh, you should have stopped a little earlier".
    -- Ruth

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    gifts and friends can be an interesting dynamic. Every year I buy gifts for my bff and her daughters and she buys gifts for Lily and me. This year with things being tight, I opted for a "family" gift from Harry and David instead. I saved money but felt guilty ( Even though, I LOVE anything Harry and David). That need to feel "even-steven" is always there. However, the good thing about bff's is that you can truly talk about anything. So enjoy your girl-time with the bff!!
    Karin