Page 222 of 661 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 6601

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 222

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    it is odd that for most everything in life, pain is enough to keep us from repeating the action. Except eating and love.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    ... for most everything in life, pain is enough to keep us from repeating the action. Except eating and love.
    So true. Just shows you how important those two things are for us. And when they are combined- watch out!

ok, I just found a really cool app for those of you who have iPhones, and for those who don't well that is ok, because there is a website as well!

PhotoCalorie

It is a food tracking app/website where you use pics of your meals, and then can search for the ingredients and/or input your own data. Till I get my regular foods in, I will use both MyFitnessPal and it, but it is way cool! There is also a blog that talks about carb-restricted diets. It is attached to the Ancestral Weight Loss Registry. Lots of info here!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Interesting!!! Thanks, Chris.
    -- Ruth

ok sad, the idea of the photocalorie is great the reality is not so great. The foods it has in its data base have nutritional data that is way off (my zNatual whey powder for example). It is great when you take the photo and add your own data, which works for my breakfast and lunch. And I could just photograph the food, add a title and not add any nutritional data so that I would have some record especially when I am out and about.

Ok, so this seems a little bit of a lost cause since I am going to be out of town for almost 2 weeks, but I am going to work hard to get my macros in line at least for the days I have left at home. What I need is slightly more protein and slightly less fat...

so the tweaks I am instituting....only use cream in my morning matcha (that is not drinkable for me without it) and not in the tea I drink the rest of the day. I added a half scoop of whey to my morning shake. I am going to switch out the mayo in my lunch for 2 eggs baked in avocado. That should be enough. Now what will I do while away? No telling, my best for sure.

I am having an excellent day, food wise. And getting stuff ready for Santa to come a day early!

So here is the link to my food journal. Demuralist's Food Diary | MyFitnessPal.com

I have already put in dinner, because I am working the macros and I wanted to know what I needed before I ate it! I didn't really need the snack, but wanted to taste the coconut bars! I am taking those with me to Florida!

So Santa was not allowed to actually buy presents this year, because we got new phones for the first time in 5 years. They were our Christmas presents. We got them early because the kids' and DH's phone were all on the verge of dying. So I (oops Santa) had to get creative! So it is just stocking stuffers this year.

For DD I found a painting of a life like Ariel (the little mermaid) that I made a copy of, she sort of looks like DD, and then transferred it to an 8x10 canvas so she can hang it in her dorm room (I will post a photo on pinterest, after she gets it-she follows me there). I also got her UT band aids, and Altoids (she can use the tin for crafting, and they are supposed to help clear your sinuses. DD is allergic to cats, and all of her friends have them, and she can't resist them, so she is always stuffy. I also got her some chocolates made locally, milk chocolate with nuts and dried berries, and milk chocolate with nuts and coconut-her favs!

For DS I got the stuff so he can make a fireball shooter out of the Altoids tin (he got one of his own). They always do something ballistic at the beach every year. His local chocolates are milk chocolate with bacon and milk chocolate with beef jerky! (I am jealous).

Neither kid has acquired a taste for dark chocolate yet.

For my parents, I got each of my siblings to take a photo of their kids with a letter from the word LOVE. We got "L" because I am the oldest. So 2 siblings did it, one (bitch) did not. So I put the 3 (LOV) in frames, then in the 4th frame I did a very fancy "E". So when my mom has the girls at her house she can take the "E" out of the frame, take the photo, print it and put it in the frame. I glued the frames together to make a square so it will be easier to hang them straight. the "L" & "O" on top the "V" & "E" on the bottom. It looks great.
    Last edited by demuralist; 12-23-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: spelling

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I love your attitude. Actually, wish my internet friends all lived closer.

For mom, I basically got or made her something everyday for Advent. Nothing expensive, but she got to enjoy something small each day. For Christmas, we bought her one gift. DH and I aren't doing much - one or two small things. We would rather pay off our house (which got derailed by giving money to the in-laws and helping my mom go to school, sigh).

I want some of those coconut bars...
    -- Ruth

thanks, it would be very sweet if you guys lived closer!

DH and I agreed years ago not to do presents for each other. He would buy me something useful and I would buy him something he would never think to get for himself and we would end up unhappy all the way around. I only do something for my parents when we see them, no matter what the occasion.

We got our house paid off this year (thanks to a small inheritance from DH's dad), just in time to start college bills in earnest. DS is leaning toward a private school out of state. He will get scholarship money (he is a brain!), but it will still be pricey. DD is in state, so got lottery money, in state tuition, and some scholarship money for honors, but she is going to be in school for 13 years! DS has 5 or 6 depending on the program he goes with.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Love the gift idea for the parents.

I got my mom a smaller crock pot (she wanted one), some fuzzy jammy pants and I went to the tea shop and got her some lovely loose teas. At this point, it will be a miracle if DD makes it to Christmas...one of needs more drugs.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I gather things for my parents through out the time since I last saw them. This time it is things like the zNatural whey, the gelatin, stuff for my mom's face (she won't buy the good stuff, so I buy it for her), teas I come across, stuff like that.

p.s. funny about DD I was thinking the same thing about mine. She is giving me attitude because we are going to be gone so long, but when I sent her an email asking her about it months ago, she didn't answer. She says she doesn't have time any to spend with her friends, yet she sits around if not at work watching Jersey Shore and say yes to the dress. Talk to the hand!
    Last edited by demuralist; 12-23-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: ps
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.