Page 22 of 665 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 22

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    thanks, this is just the pay back for losing 10 pounds when I started them! I am not discouraged, I got to drop a medication and that is always a great thing. I also know the body will have to adjust, it does not change my resolve to get to my goals.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there!! Your body is figuring things out. I weighed this morning though and after a day back on track with my diruetic the scale is headed in the right direction again. Still a bit puffy so maybe another day or so. I also took your advice and put the protein powder in the yogurt. That was REALLY good and your right, it gave me the protein boost I needed.

Your dinner sounds YUM! Don't forget the butter!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I was thinking I would brown the breasts in coconut oil, and also use it to grease the cookie sheet to roast them in.

I am chugging water and green tea today, and when I am not I am in the restroom, thinking it is starting to take care of itself!

my DD just sent me a very sad picture of herself, her phone stopped working. ticks me off as it is only 1 1/2 yrs old. We have an upgrade available on our account so she can get another one, but what a pain!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

OK, this mornings weight is the same as yesterday's, YEAH! So maybe my body is done with its correction regarding the diuretic? Hopefully tomorrow will start back on the downward trend!

I am starting to feel better. Not sure if it is because of finally being off TTOM, or of being off of HCYZ and Coumadin, or finally getting the sleep issue resolved, or (most likely) a little bit of all of the above along with having found S.P.E.E.D. and finally feeling the confidence of knowing that what I am doing is healthy and right and holistic instead of being so focused on food.

Yesterday was a long day. At work we had our annual board meeting and members of the board came in from all over the country. Our building does not have parking, and we are in a University neighborhood so parking is very tight..metered or paid basically, unless you are willing to walk. And even if the members were able to walk the distance it was raining and cold. So we had 5 cars parked in metered spots that someone (that would be me) has to plug every 2 hours. Well actually, you can't stay at the same meter longer than the time on the meter, so I had to move the cars then plug the meters. All day. Then I had to go pick up the boss' kid from school, really nice kid and I didn't mind. The result of this game I played all day with the cars, and the extra walking I had to do just to keep things going during the meeting meant that I went 2 days in a row over 8,000 steps on my pedometer. (8,000 steps is my short term goal on the steps, I would really like to eventually get over 12,000 daily, which I have done in the not too distant past).

So I drank lots of green tea yesterday to warm back up. But that helped I think with the water issue, so I will likely try to keep at least a couple of cups a day in my menu.

So yesterday's food:

B: my mocha, 1/2 C wild blueberries, 1/2 C Fage full fat yogurt
    "L": 3 cups of green tea (The Republic of Tea's Double Green Matcha Tea-I can't stand regular green tea) with at total of 1C of TJ's coconut milk
    D: 1 large chicken breast with rib meat and skin, 1/2C peaches, large caesar salad, 1oz walnuts, 2T dried cranberries

the Stats=
    Calories:1,518
    Fat: 88.3 = 51%
    Carbs: 68.9g = 16%
    Fiber: 18.5 (so Net Carbs= 50.4)
    Protein:122.6 = 33%

Funny thing about the Stats, even though I essentially skipped lunch, my numbers are pretty close to what they would be if I had eaten lunch. weird.

weight this morning 267.8, same as yesterday!
    Last edited by demuralist; 10-29-2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: spelling
    Chris
    Unknown

I am glad you are feeling better and that your body is leveling out. You will find I think yourself back on the losing track soon. I am currently at 300 lbs so I am getting back to 297 soon I hope.

Wow.. your work day yesterday sounds CRAZY!! How often do you have those meetings? Seems like it would have been easier to have them park farther away and you just shuttle them to the building and then shuttle them back after the meeting.

Is the green tea decaf? I have some mango green tea but its caffeinated.. in fact most of my green tea is caffeinated and keeps me up or wakes me up at night.
    Karin

No the green tea is not decaf. I stop drinking it at 4 and switch to "Good Earth Original flavor" as it comes in decaf and is heavenly with coconut milk as well.

We have the board meetings once a year. I don't remember what we did last year. But this year my immediate boss, who takes care of all these sorts of details, is in Hawaii (her parents have a time share and basically very little choice on dates). I think we paid the city to reserve the spots, but the price doubled so they decided not to do that again. When we needed parking in the summer we just asked the school next door if we could have 5 spots, but this is was a school day and they need their spots. We will definitely come up with something different next year.

so exciting for you to get under 300! I know that must be a meaningful hurdle. If my body doesn't start acting right you are going to catch up to me!
    Chris
    Unknown

I LOVE GOOD EARTH ORIGINAL FLAVOR!! Heaven in a cup! Today I had red Velvet Chocolate Roobios tea with cream. Its decaf and devine!!! I just love my hot tea! speaking of.. time to heat more water!

edit to add: Stash has their pumpkin spice and Christmas spice out. Both are divine with cream or can easily stand alone AND are decaf.
    Karin

I really like the Stash Chai, am out of it right now, sad. I will have to look for the red velvet as that is one of my all time favorite flavors. I also use Bigelow's Sweet Dreams as my final cup of the day.
    Chris
    Unknown

I have a pimple. Geez, I only had 3 through all of high school and now this is the 2nd this week. (first one was on the tip of my nose)
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I have a pimple. Geez, I only had 3 through all of high school and now this is the 2nd this week. (first one was on the tip of my nose)
    Oh doesn't that drive you nuts? I get them once in a great while. I had one under my chin last week but for the most part my skin is very clear.

Oh.. had some jasmine tea this morning. Talk about a beautiful tea. It has caffeine so for me its a morning only tea.
    Karin