Page 219 of 640 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 6392

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 219

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I can tell you that it is amazing

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I wish I could eat dairy (except butter - I can eat butter). I'm salivating. Do you make your own cream cheese?
    -- Ruth

I do sometimes, but last time I made it it turned out crumbly. And we had made a lot as we were going to make cheesecakes. Kind of irritated me out of making it for a while. I am sure I will go back after the holidays.

I am surprised you can't do cream cheese. I always thought of lactose as being the issue when people have problems with dairy, and thus very low carb dairy (ie, no lactose) was not a problem. Sad.

Ok, so today is the official start.

I have done the stats...

Calories=1700 o 1750
    Protein = 65g to 79g
    Carbs = 36g
    Fat =144g

I have figured out reasonable ways to be able to achieve those stats, and I went grocery shopping yesterday. I work today so that always makes it easier, no time to continue the research, just do it! I am excited.

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    I found a great local olive oil and vinegar company at one of our local farmers' markets. The one I have in my pantry right now is white balsamic blackberry vinegar. It is like a shot of sunshine. When I am in funds again, I plan on going a little crazy at their booth.

that sounds yummy! I will have to be on the lookout for something like that at my local market!

We had company for dinner last night. I made dinner, one of the couple brought cheese crackers (the melted cheese wafers not the boxed crackers) and homemade toffee. Heath bars are my favorite candy bar. Really the only one I can think of if asked what my fav is.

So there is good news and bad news about what I ate. The good news first...i did not even taste the toffee, did not actually even touch it so that I wouldn't have to lick my fingers, I ate lots of my cream cheese and celery mix, a few of the wafers and a plate of salad. The bad news...I did have 2 very small pieces of homemade bread, I always eat the ends, but really they were very small. I had them with grass fed butter and they were fantastic. The other bad news is that I ate a LOT of the cream cheese. Maybe that is good news it probably helped my percentages if not my absolute numbers regarding the macros.

On another front, sleep last night was lousy. My ears are bothering me and I have a tickle in my throat, will take a benadryl for bed tonight and see if I can kick whatever is it out of the system.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I don't think one super high fat day is bad in the beginning. My urge to eat fat is increasing as I replace carbs. The cravings for more will not go away that quickly. I am not worrying about the calories too much right now.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I am not going to try to get really strict till we get back and I get back to a regular schedule at work (the week of January 8th). I will get my treadmill that week, and have a longer work day. I think it will be easier if I am out out the house/away from the pantry longer.

I think my focus is getting the fat without the carbs and excess protein, calories will have to work themselves out. I really go on a bender every time I really try to limit calories, so I am hoping as I move further and further into this that calories do really work themselves out.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    We need a group like we had for SPEED where we can share recipes, etc. I know I'm going to be looking for Chris's cream cheese spread soon
    -- Ruth