Page 216 of 610 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 6093

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 216

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So we just did our 4minute Tabata exercises. I did stair stepper, jumprope (damn i am bad at that), jumping jacks, and hi quick knee steps. Holy crap it was hard. Now we just have to keep it up

So there was a large study done that essentially showed that working the large lower body muscles actually improved the strength in the small upper body better than doing exercise exercises using the small muscles did. So to test that I am going to do the Tabata every week, then the next day I am going to measure how long I can hold up a weight with my arm extended. This is a test.

So the Tabata was crazy hard, and had us both breathing heavy well after we had finished. The beauty of the 4 exercises we picked is that we can essentially do them anywhere. We aren't going to drag the mini stair stepper with us, but we can find stairs to climb instead.

The result today is that my thighs, front and back, are pretty sore.

My food yesterday was low carb, but a little on the loosey goosey side. I didn't feel like soup at lunch, so had some mixed veggies with 3 oz of brie, I didn't drink enough-my normal morning 100oz was only half finished-it is high caffeine so I goot finish it by noon. I had one small piece of french toast made with homemade bread -plain no syrup, but the rest of my day was low enough to make up for it.

I will clean it back up today. It is feeling too good to let it get away from me.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Tabatas are crazy, but at least they are short crazy. I need to add mine back in (I keep saying that, don't I?).

Proud of you for jumping back on the train today.

When do you go to Florida?
    -- Ruth

Christmas Day to my parents and then to St George for New Year's with BFF and her family.

I was just not hungry at lunch today. for now I need to eat it anyway because not eating it opens me up to the mid afternoon munchies. I am doing Christmas cards instead of eating. Time to make dinner now.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Ok, I started SSoS July 30, 2012, getting more consistent with time, my plan was always to get on the scale and do the measurements mid-December, so here ya go.....

These are my start stats with the current next to it with the change in bold
    Weight: 263.2 C= 268.8 Change +5.6
    Neck: 14 C= 14.5 Change +1/2
    waist:41 C= 39 Change -2

r. bicep below top muscle:16 c=15.5 Change -1/2

r. forearm:12 C= 11.5 Change -1/2

Chest (with bra): 45 C=45 Change 0

hips:52 C= 51 Change -1

r. thigh (at finger tip):30 C=30 Change 0

r. calf:17 C=17 Change 0

And here are the stats from the start of Primal 8/11/11 and how they compare to today....

SW: 267 UP 1.8
    neck: 14.5" SAME
    r. bicep:17" DOWN 1.5
    r. forearm: 12" DOWN .5
    Chest:48" DOWN 3
    Waist: 40" DOWN 1
    Hips: 51" SAME
    r. Thigh: 30" SAME
    r. calf: 17" SAME

I think that basically, for whatever reason, Primal did me no favors, SSoS was only slightly better. I feel best, do best when I am focused on whole food low carb (LCMD), so since it does not appear to make a whole hell of a lot of difference body wise, I will be doing LCMD.

Just found the blog site of Peter Attia, which I think will help me with this. In case you are interested....Start Here The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Paleobird recommends Attia in the "Eat Moar Fat" Thread or her new journal. Can't remember which.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal works great for me as a maintenance scenario. Basically, to lose weight, I have to eat super clean "Paleo". Fairly lean meat (I can eat some fattier cuts, but more as a rotation), lots of veggies, a little fat. Limited fruit. Very limited nuts.
    -- Ruth

I am going to spend some time on Attia's blog and see what I learn. Basically, primal/paleo were not worth the energy as far as results. It may work as maintenance, but I think long term I want something simpler. I am going to have to figure out a way to keep low carb healthy, ie not wander into the atkins bar type thing! Easy enough though, the not wandering into fake food part I mean.

The high veggie, low fat didn't do it either. So now looking more at medium veggies (8 instead of 12), obviously still no grain or sugar, protein at each meal-not necessarily low fat though, and not necessarily adding in lots of fat just not worrying about it. Then I will work on the details as I learn more from the Attia blog.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I also had a lot of trouble losing weight doing primal, and the whole food low carb thing is really working. I am following Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution Read It Online!. Under 30 g carbs a day. I am working hard to stay 100% compliant. When I decide to slip, I do not continue on for the rest of the day, it is ONE thing allowed like a bite of chocolate or a glass of wine, or some extra vodka sodas, bc I know the end goal. I will have to take a look at that Attia blog.

I am just not hungry and not interested in food. I like it, but it leads to me not eating the best and most nutrient dense and delicious food. It's more like, oh I'll heat up these hot dogs and a can of green beans and be done with it. Going to try my hand at some yummy cooking this weekend to ease that.

thanks for your encouragement! Even if I do happen to become uninterested in food, hot dogs and green beans do not live in my house.

I sincerely enjoy eating a big beautiful salad, lots of mixed greens with bell pepper, cukes, avocado, pumpkin seed, toasted pecans, a protein source and a vinegar and oil homemade dressing. so that is generally dinner for me, and should stay with in the guidelines I am working toward. Breakfast and lunch are gonna need some work. I have been putting so much emphasis on getting 10 veggies and enough protein (175 to 200g) and keeping fat low so that I was in a reasonable calorie range. So now protein I am shooting for is under 100g, carbs-for now- will be under 50g and hopefully under 30 Net, and fat I won't worry about except for the source.