Page 215 of 643 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 6421

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 215

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ruth, On the treadmill, there are 2 things that have made a huge difference...1 I will not allow myself to be on it longer than 30 minutes and 2 I only get to watch those movies that the boys won't watch while I am on the treadmill. So even if I am home alone, I am not allowed to put the movies on, and even if I am at the best part of the movie (and actually especially if I am at the best part) I have to get off and start back up the next day. 30 minutes gives me enough steps to get me over 10,000. Your Grandma sounds much like mine, I miss her a lot.

Kymma, I have never been able to force myself to do any of the dvd's more than once. DD and I did a yoga one once and laughed so hard we could not do it. The guy was crazy, and he kept saying "feel free to modify this if you can't do it" but didn't show how to modify. I like yoga classes though. In fact I like dance classes also. Unfortunately the local Y has the ones I would like to attend at times I cannot go to.

I do gardening, as well as all sorts of home improvements (painting and refinishing furniture mostly), so I am reasonably active and the 30 minutes on the treadmill just tops it off.

Thanks, Marcadav, I will look into it.

I am not likely to get anything until after Christmas, so I will be doing some research.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I used to love the WII fit EA active game. it was awesome and fun...er except when the WII told me I was obese. Well, Duh.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I like doing the Wii fit with the kids, not so much by myself. No matter though DD has it with her at school. They do Dance Dance Revolution parties in the lobby of the dorm.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I want to do something like dancing lessons with DH...but haven't been able to make that works. Perhaps in this new year, after I make some job changes and have time again.

Speaking of activity, I want to find a place to go ice skating. I stink, but it seems sounds like fun
    -- Ruth

I have never been able to skate, roller or ice, no skate boarding, not a big fan of the bicycle either.

Would love to find dance classes again. The only ones I have found are just tooo pricey. The ones in community ed are at noon. Realistically we could afford to go to the ones I found, but none of our friends would be interested. I will keep searching. The other night we had friends for dinner and a swing Christmas song came on and DH grabbed my hand and started dancing! I really miss it.

So the whole food thing is going well. You know what that means...time to tweak! Seriously, I do not feel any smaller, and am not lovin the poochy belly. So I am going to stick to what I am doing and clean up my act a bit. Things like....adding cream to my hot tea, a whole glass of wine when I really only need half (I am a cheap drunk!)...could be removed from my day and there would be no negative side effects. So that is where I am going this week. To take out those superfluous things that I truthfully won't miss. Drinking my Double Dark Chocolate Mate without cream is not a hardship by any means. So I can do this, easily. Let's see what it does to the belly.

Did well yesterday. I did end up having a pack of almonds and a very small chocolate bar late. The only problem I have with that is that I think it negatively affected my sleep. I really should have just gone to bed as I was eating after 9, when I should have been washing up for bed. But I decided to eat before I looked at the clock and well, once decided there is no not eating right. So foolish.

Fingers are puffy this morning, and I did take note that my BP was on the high side when I went to the doc last week. Have been drinking plenty, so it looks like I may have to limit salt Sad, cause it really makes food taste so good.

I have a few craft things I would like to get done today. I have to brave Michaels, ugg, and Home Depot, ugg.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I will chime in on exercise.. i hate it. My treadmill is at my moms. Well, there is no space anyway. Before you tweak.. how long have you been doing what you are doing?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

The SSoS? Months. Started July 30th. I am just moving, slowly, toward lower carbs. Not forcing the 10 to 12 veggies a day (ie a little less green smoothie mostly), and cutting out things that I think are not necessary (ie. cream in my tea), and not worrying so much about the fat. I also stopped the cottage cheese and yogurt, it didn't seem to be making a positive impact and it was forced as well. Nothing major. I feel better with a little extra fat (in my diet not on my body).

So now my morning smoothie has just either spinach or kale, instead of spinach, kale, and green beans. Lunch now includes a big bowl of veggie soup but no "extra" veggies, and either salmon with mayo and avocado or leftover meat, with an ounce or 2 of cheese. Dinner is a giant mixed greens salad, with nuts and seeds, peppers, mushrooms, cukes, and the dinner protein on top. It is still 8 or 9 veggies, but less focus on getting in all 10 and all the protein and more emphasis on low carb. Still no starch or sugar. Basically the Low Carb Mediterranean not the Ketogenic.

I am thinking I will do a month or so of the Ketogenic when we get back from visiting my mom over the holidays. I go back to work on the 9th, and will be on 3 full days and 1 half day. I will be packing my lunches. So it should be easier to do it when I am not home in the afternoon. Until then just low carb.

My son and I have an appointment on Wednesday at 5:12 (he picked the time) to do a Tabata exercise. I have downloaded a Tabata timer app to my phone, and picked my 4 exercises (mini-stair stepper, jumprope, jumping jacks, and high stepping). You do 20 seconds as hard as you can then 10 seconds off, then 20 seconds of the next one and 10 seconds off, repeat until you have done 8 reps (each exercise twice).

love this article and blog...Free Marriage Counseling: How to Do it Yourself | The Art of Manliness

things are going very well. It is so much easier just worrying about doing low carb than adding in other complications. I spend less time thinking about food, less prowling in the pantry. I am currently shooting for under 50g net carbs.