Page 214 of 608 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 6078

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 214

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    sorry about the tummy- too much acid perhaps?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    that is what I was thinking. The combo this morning is working much better. Smoothie first, then matcha.

So yesterday, what to say about it. mmmm. I did not feel like I was staying on task as far as food is concerned so I forced myself to track. I wanted some chocolate, and the afternoon shake just wasn't enough. So while I was making the boys a whipped PB mousse with mini chocolate chips, I had 3 T of the chips. Then for dinner (yes, ok, I made the dessert during the witching hour, I know it doesn't get much dumber than that-but honestly only 3 T -yes I measured) I didn't feel like a big salad, so I had some cheese (1.5 ounces, which actually seemed like a lot on my plate) and celery and pearl tomatoes. Then when DH came home I had a half glass of red wine. Wine is within my program, but the chocolate is supposed to be a substitute for it. Then I had a lovely cup of tea, with a 100 calorie 70% Dark Chocolate bar from Trader Joes.

Now this doesn't qualify as a binge, because I was mindful about it. But it also doesn't qualify as a clean day really, cause only 8 veggies. So here are the stats...

Calories...2,011
    Carbs...94g (19%) - Fiber 31g = Net 63
    Fat....103g (48%)
    Protein...160g (33%)

So really, not much off my averages for the week. But I need to change the trajectory. Make this a 1 day deal and not a slippery slope.

So, the treadmill is a minimum $100 to get someone to come look at it. And he says if I am going to get a new one, to get a good one and basically have it for a very long time. I found the one he suggested, on sale...original price $2700, now $1600. Significant savings yes, but are you kidding me? That is a lot of money to pay for convenience and to be able to watch my girlie movies in peace. Not sure I will be able to convince DH, well or even myself. I know I will use it, I know I won't go to the gym. The best alternative to it that I can think of is to get a dog (forced outside daily walk no matter what, right), and there is NO WAY the hubs would do that. Rats, always something.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Chris I think mine was on sale for $1200. Its very solid and durable because its like the kind you find a the Y.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

yep, I want it and I would use it, just gotta convince DH it is worth it. He goes to the gym every day, and doesn't need it. The kid will be off to college in the fall so I can't use that, although both kids could use it while home. And if he didn't have plantar fasciitis (sp?) I could probably convince him that he could use it as a back up when he couldn't go to the gym or those days he works at home.

Or I may just say, ok I dont understand spending all that money on a gun safe when we don't use (they had planned to go out to the range and shoot a couple of times a month) the guns so you could have just sold them, and you don't understand me wanting a treadmill, that by the way is about half the price of the gun safe, so we are even, and just go ahead and buy it.

This is a precor, so it is worth the price. just painful to shell it out.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I don't use my treadmill as much as I should, but I love it. Bought it on sale, have moved it several times. It's awesome. Need to get my rear back on it. When it's cold and icy, it's a great alternative. Also, nice way to do sprints (er, when I do them).

I'd probably so for the new one and be done with it, because you'll get good use out of it. But, if you wanted to wait, bet you could find a good gently used one in the paper. People buy them, use them as coat racks, and then finally sell them.
    -- Ruth

I will probably just buy it after the new year, maybe they will discount it even more to catch people trying to fulfill their New Year's resolutions!

I am just going to admit here that I hate actually working out. So realistically, currently, my mind set is that I am not going to keep up with any kind of weight training for the rest of my life (I am hoping at some point in time I will change my mind, but I am not counting on it). I do not do sprints either, I feel like an idiot. I might get there if I had a decent treadmill. The one I have now is really meant for walking and isn't sturdy enough for me to run on, even if it was working. But, I think I would do Tabata cardio workout. It is supposed to be super high intensity, which of course I would have to work up to, but it is 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest, 8 reps. 4 minutes. Technically you are supposed to do it multiple times a week and do weights or do weights as your 20 seconds, but I am a beginner, so I am thinking I could commit to do 4 exercises for 20 seconds each, twice to get the 8 reps and do it at least once a week. I am thinking the mini stepper, a jump rope, high knees, and up and down a set of stairs.

I feel kind of gung ho now, but that is always how I feel till it comes time to actually do the exercise walking on the treadmill was about the only thing I stayed consistent with.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I'll join you in admitting that I don't really like working out. I like things like walking, hiking, snow shoeing, sometimes biking (on a path, when there aren't many people) etc. I don't actually believe we need true "workouts", though I think we need activity. I think a lot of walking is good. Since I have a desk job, and travel a lot, I don't do near enough of this. My grandma never learned how to drive and walked to get our groceries every single week (snow or not) until she was in her 60s. [My grandma was amazing] Part of me wants to start walking to the library, grocery store, etc. The lazy part of me has not implemented this yet. I get bored on the treadmill...need to find some way to entertain myself. I have trouble reading...if I could read while I was on there, I'd spend a good amount of time

Most people do gardening and other things that are "lifting" type activities. I do not...so, I need to start back up with my body weight movements. Of course, I'm actually pretty strong (but not fast), so I tend to like those okay, so long as I don't have to spend much time on them. And, of course, working the legs, would help with hiking (as would dropping these last 20-30 pounds!!!!).

Sprints...I don't mind them, because they are short and painful and then done. You don't have to run -- you can do hills (treadmill incline) or fast walking.
    -- Ruth

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I do not like exercising that much either. I sometimes do like it once I have been doing it for awhile. But I never fall in love with it. I wish I could find something that felt like play time, me time and get committed to it. Maybe I can force feed myself this yoga DVD long enough to enjoy it. Good luck on the treadmill!

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Chris, I bought my first treadmill-a Proform- for less than $500 (I don't recall what I actually paid). I had it for over 15 years, putting 1200 miles on it in 2011. Finally bought a new one, another Proform, last December on sale for around $500.