Page 213 of 620 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 6191

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 213

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, things are going very well with my "new" plan. I have eliminated hunger and cravings as well as binges (ok so it has only been a few days). I am sleeping at least 7 hours a night, last night bringing my average down.

So what I did yesterday that really helped, I made my chocolate shake when I was cleaning up after lunch and put it in the fridge. So if I got an urge for something sweet, I would go in and take a few sips. Then I had the rest of it (way more than half of it was left) as dessert with dinner. So here is where the sleep issue comes in. The Double Dark Mate has caffeine in it. Didn't think of it till I was trying to sleep. Today I will make it with the just the Red Velvet tea since it is caffeine free.

The beauty of this is that I can take the protein powder, tea, a cup, and my extra stick blender when I travel (all of my travel is family stuff, not business). So I have a back-up snack while on vacation this year at the beach when everyone else is eating all of the chocolate dipped everything that my DD does (she melts the chocolate and just starts dipping until she runs out of chocolate-she starts with dried apricots and usually ends up with clumps of cereal).

I have been leaning more toward the low carb, not paying huge attention to fat or protein, but still getting my 10 veggies. So here is how the stats shook out yesterday...

Calories 2144
    Fat 134g =58%
    Carbs 61g Fiber 36g Net Carbs 25 =11%
    Protein 165g =31%

This felt very good, I got in 8662 steps, even without having my treadmill! Since my sleep has improved I have been averaging well over 7,000 steps a day. This is almost double what I was getting when I was getting crappy sleep.

Am I losing fat? Who the hell knows, I have divorced the scale and it feels great to be rid of it. I have a doctors appointment in March, and will get weighed then. If I care to check it, I can access my records online.

the one sour note for yesterday, as you may have guessed, DS and I did not start the exercises. Have to start them this week. Hopefully today is the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    If this were on facebook, I'd hit "like" several times. This is how I want to be...

I LOVE this: "I have divorced the scale." The scale and I have an on/off relationship. I think I need to divorce it and be done!
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I agree.. I think I am going to steal that quote for my signature line..LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I wish I could, but I took over weighing every day from Chris.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Karin, you don't need to give me credit for that, I am ok if you claim it as your own.

Oh Paula, I am sorry, cause I definitely know how you feel!

Ruth, I am not sure how I got here, but boy am I glad I did. I think it is because I am 100% confident that what I am doing is the healthiest way of eating for me right now. And numbers on the scale might try to convince me otherwise, so I don't want to know what they have to say.

The truth is, that when I was in high school I weighed anywhere from 150 to 160 (5'6" then, I grew an inch since then) and my sister who was at least an inch shorter weighed between 120 and 130, and we shared clothes, yes even pants. Now why didn't I ever realize that what that means is that the number on the scale means nothing! Because of that number I have spent all these years tied to the scale. And she did not. Now I weigh 260 and she might weigh 150 on a bad day. We wore the same size clothes. Yet I thought I was fat and spent my life dieting, and she was comfy in her skin and lived her life. I gained 100 pounds in the last 35 years and she might have gained 20. The scale has done me no favors, I want nothing from it, and I owe it nothing. I can now decide how I feel by how I really feel.

Hope I can keep it up!

I am starting to see a pattern that I can use to my advantage. If I make something sweet when I am not hungry, or at a time when I am very unlikely to just go ahead and eat it, and then have it available for when I do want something quick, it prevents mindless shoveling in during the witching hours. For a while there I was making a pumpkin custard thingy and keeping it ready. Lately I am just making a protein shake. When I am cleaning up from lunch, I brew up 2 tea bags of caffeine free, chocolate flavored tea. Once cooled I add a scoop of chocolate whey (I am using Jay Robb-pricey, but worth it), add a T of HWC whirl it up in a 24oz cup then nearly fill with water. I put it in the fridge, then I take a sip here or there whenever I find myself roaming around the pantry looking to get into trouble. Then I have what ever is left, usually about half or slightly more, as dessert.

Yesterdays Stats...

Calories 1,932
    Carbs 58g (12%)- Fiber 35g = NET 23g
    Fat 105g (50%)
    Protein 179g (38%)

It feels very good.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    It sounds good.

If I'll do something similar with veggies and maybe some meat (like leftover chicken from a roasted chicken), it helps me as well. Things are bad when I find myself suddenly famished with no easy options!
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rms123 View Post
    it sounds good.

Things are bad when i find myself suddenly famished with no easy options!
    this!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I always have veggies ready to snack on, but for some reason the witching hour calls for sweet or chocolate or crunchy, I NEVER reach for the veggies. The shake satisfies 2 of the 3 and is filling to boot. If I am roaming the shelves (I am finding nuts or jerky), for some reason, I don't seem to get satisfied. Probably for several reasons...I am standing, shoveling without thinking, and not really filling the nutrient need. Although all of those also apply to the sip of the shake, well, except I thought about it and went shake instead of pantry.

My tummy has not been feeling good in the mornings for at least a week now. So a few days ago I switched from coffee to matcha, but that didn't help. So yesterday I went back to coffee, it was worse. Today I am doing my smoothie first thing, so far so good. Once I get some calories in my belly, I will then drink my matcha. I have taken to putting a teaspoon of instant coffee into the smoothie and not drinking a cup of it at all, there is only so much time in the mornings.

Food things are still going very well. I didn't bother to track yesterday, I will do it intermittently. I feel really good, mentally and physically. Just wish my treadmill would start. May have to bring a service guy in.