Page 212 of 619 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 6190

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 212

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't think of discussing sex in a marital context as raunchy. And, hey, if Christians aren't having sex there would not be any more of them! Sex is an important of our humanity, never have a problem discussing it!

My DH has a lot of rules regarding church as well. We loved the United Church of Christ (not Church of Christ) church we attended in Florida (United Church of Gainesville-we miss them so much!). I would say that we are pretty liberal in our religious/social views (me more than him, but still both of us to a degree) and fairly conservative in our general political views (him more than me, but again both of us to a degree). This is a very difficult combination to find in a church. Our current church comes close on our political views but is way off on the social/religious views. Although they profess to be open, the reality is- not so much.

There is a UU church very near us, I enjoyed their services when I visited, but the youth group was way too small and DD did not feel comfortable there, so we visited our current church. I hate the services, but the kids felt comfortable there, so we stayed as that was the most important reason for me to go at the time.

We are not looking for a mega church (there are many around us-we are the buckle of the bible belt after all). Something small enough so that you get to know people but big enough to make a difference in their ministries. Great music, around here, is basically a given, kind of intimidating actually.

Spent the entire day yesterday picking up leaves. 20 bags worth (I use them as mulch so don't actually bag it). In the end DS had to stop his homework to come help since it was getting too dark to see!

Then I went inside, made dinner, ate, cleaned it up, had a cup of tea and then went to bed. Got into bed at 8:45! My fitbit says I actually slept 8 hours and 9 minutes, and I believe it, I feel very well rested!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    awesome about the sleep! My daughter is raking leaves for a project. We decorated the house for Christmas but there is just no signs of snow in the near future. So, she is filling the while kitchen bags and making a snowman! LOL For Halloween they have pumpkin bags but there are no bags for Christmas. She is making one.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

clever! We would have had enough for at least 6 or 7 (my bag size would have been the outdoor trash size not the smaller kitchen size)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    clever! We would have had enough for at least 6 or 7 (my bag size would have been the outdoor trash size not the smaller kitchen size)
    agreed, I already had 4 outdoor trash bags of leaves hauled to the trash, but we have more leaves. Funny.. we have NO TREES in our yard. They come from the neighbors.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

so did mine! I don't know why my neighbor hasn't figured out that they never have leaves in their yard, and they never rake them, and their yard guys don't rake them, but everyone around them has 15 to 20 bags each. Hint, her yard guys blow them into the neighbors yards. I confronted them one morning, bare footed in pj's, and told them to stop it. they stopped putting them in my yard, but now the old guy across the street has to deal with it.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    agreed, I already had 4 outdoor trash bags of leaves hauled to the trash, but we have more leaves. Funny.. we have NO TREES in our yard. They come from the neighbors.
    That's my life too and why I hate living in Oregon in the fall.

I can be found mumbling, not so nice words, as I rake, blow, pick up, leaves one handed while the able bodied male owners of said leaves do nothing and often comment on how hard I am working.

Sorry for the rant. My daughter says therapy might help me to learn how to deal with my leaf issues.

Oh cool, I love a good rant!

This is the same neighbor who lets their dogs bark for hours (literally). I feel so bad for the dogs, I am sure they are just bored out of their minds. But, if the neighbors are not home the dogs are barking. They have had the city ordinance people out several times from neighbor complaints. She told me once, that they must be after someone else's dogs! I said, well, no, your dogs bark if you leave them at home and they get out that doggy door. And she said they don't leave their dogs out if they aren't home. So I said, you mean you let your dogs bark like that? WOW. She had no response. It didn't stop it though.

I have seriously considered just blowing the leaves back, but I live up higher and the wind blows the leaves up anyway.

They are 2 lawyers, no kids, just 3 (yes 3) barking dogs.

I am a Floridian, we never had leaves, this is not fun! On the other hand, I don't have to mow my lawn every 3 to 5 days either!

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Oh cool, I love a good rant!

This is the same neighbor who lets their dogs bark for hours (literally). I feel so bad for the dogs, I am sure they are just bored out of their minds. But, if the neighbors are not home the dogs are barking. They have had the city ordinance people out several times from neighbor complaints. She told me once, that they must be after someone else's dogs! I said, well, no, your dogs bark if you leave them at home and they get out that doggy door. And she said they don't leave their dogs out if they aren't home. So I said, you mean you let your dogs bark like that? WOW. She had no response. It didn't stop it though.

I have seriously considered just blowing the leaves back, but I live up higher and the wind blows the leaves up anyway.

They are 2 lawyers, no kids, just 3 (yes 3) barking dogs.

I am a Floridian, we never had leaves, this is not fun! On the other hand, I don't have to mow my lawn every 3 to 5 days either!
    Now you've done it. You brought the animals in--my other neighbor rant issue. I have no trees or pets, by choice.

The same neighbors have cats that use my well kept flower beds as litter boxes. It's no fun to reach down to pick up leaves/debris and stick your hand, in cat poop, even wearing gloves. They also have a dog and would walk over to get their mail (mail boxes next to my yard) and let that dog do it's business in my yard.

I said something and it stopped for a while but lately I've had to scoop again. What really makes it maddening/ridiculous is one neighbor has made it known he's interested and has even tried to invite himself in for a glass of wine. I'll I can say is YUCK and hell NO!

I spent 24 years in Southern California and leaves were not a big issue either. Mowing was an issue however as I had a huge yard.

ewww, on all counts!

It is tough because I am a city girl at heart, but the last 2 places we have lived we have had PITA neighbors. Before this we lived in a university town in which the students were very privileged, and the 4 that lived next to us, had the exact opposite schedule as we did-and we had very young kids. Police were called in at least 2 to 3 times a week because of noise ordinance and under age drinking issues. Finally, they got evicted, and we got to watch! Police just take everything (and I mean everything-they even tow the cars out of the garage) out of the house and put it on the sidewalk. We lived on a pretty well traveled street, by the time they got home from class, more than half of their stuff had walked away. What goes around really does come around, and sometimes you get to watch and enjoy it!