Page 211 of 644 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 6431

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 211

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks. I think going back to a plan that I have done that works, and is so simple, as well as staying off the scale, helps me to let go of the worry about diet and to just get on with my life. I have not had as good a day as yesterday in a very long time (well my birthday weekend was pretty special).

While I was cleaning yesterday, I realized that I have spent 40 years of my 54 years trying to lose weight. Only taking time off to be pregnant twice and taking off the years I was sick with my UC. And what I have gotten for my troubles is about 100 extra pounds I was not carrying when I started the journey. Time to let go and move on. Focus on health and mentally wrapping my brain around the idea that I may or may not ever reach my size goal but it does not make me less of a person. What does seem to allow me to be less of a person is the crazy focus on losing weight. It has been a huge waste of time and money.
    Last edited by demuralist; 12-02-2012 at 07:59 AM.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I feel the same way. I was pondering similar things this morning and last night...thinking about all of the things I haven't done because I've been waiting until I got thin enough. Then I was contemplating counting calories again, but that's not sustainable. I need to get my head in the right place. Thanks for sharing
    -- Ruth

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Well said Chris. I have been obese since I was 8 yrs old. My whole sense of self is colored by that. Enough is enough.

It is very sad really. My DH the other day basically he doesn't expect to be alive in 30 years. I do, but he is a pessimist! Anyway, it is what got me to realize that I do realistically have less than half of my life left, and assuming I make it those 30 years, that would mean that I spent the first 10 and, hopefully, the last 30 NOT dieting or worrying about my weight. That would just make half. So I have to live the next 30!

I really like the new plan because no-one can argue that my general rules aren't the healthiest way to live. Primals and Vegetarians may argue about my protein sources, but I think we can all agree on my basics. The good news is that for me they are easy, doable and sustainable.

1. double digit NSV (non-starchy-veggies)
    2. 4 servings of 45g+ of protein
    3. no sugar or grains
    4. move it

These are guidelines. I can keep track in my head, and it allows for the possibility that I can eat something if I am hungry-just not sugar or grains.

Time to LIVE it!

Is that 180 grams of protein or at least 45 / day?

Husbands can say the darnedest things...Amazing we don't kill them.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

yeah, I just told him to make sure the life insurance policy is paid up!

180g daily. Basically I am shooting for between 150g and 200g I have been hitting 175g at least, consistently, when I check. Not sure why it is easier this time than we were shooting for that when we all tried SPEED. It was such a chore then, it just happens now. go figure.

wowowowowow! I just made the yummiest treat! I steeped 2 tea bags in 8 oz of hot water, a Republic of Tea Double Dark Chocolate Mate, and a Republic of Tea Red Velvet, for 10 minutes. Then I took the bags out and put an ice cube in and swirled it till it melted, then I added 2T HWC, but very easily could have been coconut milk (from the can, just didn't have any on hand), then I added a scoop of UMP chocolate (Ultimate Muscle Protein from Beverly International-got it at my local Vitamin Shoppe to use for baking because it is mostly casein-?sp?- instead of whey) used the stick blender to give it a froth, then put it in my 24oz glass, added water and ice, stir and drink. OMG this is the best chocolate milk shake ever! So much rich chocolate flavor.

We are going to a service at church tonight that starts at 6:30 and ends with a tasting party (read lots of Christmas cookies). We won't be eating till we get back so I wanted to not go hungry! Now, not only will I not be hungry, but I won't feel deprived either!

Yeah, I remember the days of super high protein. I could only get there with Whey protein drinks. I am aiming for about 75g these days.

Cookie Tasting Party Yikes! I visited a new church today, but avoided the coffee time in the fellowship hall. Too much temptation
    when I was already nervous.

We had a great time last night. The service was lovely and we went down to the fellowship hall gathering, and just chatted. We were hungry so didn't stay long. I ate and drank nothing there! Had a beautiful salad with shaved brussel sprouts and pumpkin seeds, and tri tip roast with caramelized onions for dinner. Part of adding in the Mediterranean plan is getting a glass of wine at night, which I thoroughly enjoyed with our beef!

I plan to look for a new church once DS goes off to college. I don't do the services at this one, and basically am involved in the youth program, so when I no long have a youth at in the program will be a good time to change churches. How was your visit to the new church?

I did use protein powder 2x's yesterday, but often go days without using it at all and somehow still manage to get over 150g. Very weird.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It was interesting and different. Since 2000, my Mom and I had been attending an Assembly of God. Lovely people, but very set in their ways and schedule. It is also an older church with a small youth group. To me, the worship is the most important part. Good teaching is important as well. I like the Pastor at the AG, but his wife has total control of the music ministry. They do 4-5 songs and are done.

I was looking for somewhere that my kids would be inspired to go. An.d where I could possibly be a part of a vibrant music ministry. Well this church has a children's program, Teen Program and adult church. They have 4-5 worship bands - praise teams. It is a vibrant church. Many people from my job go there.

The only problem is my husband. He has always encouraged me to go to church, but he has heard that this group is kind of "out there". Some of them do speak in tongues, wave flags and dance around the sanctuary, but it didn't feel weird. My husband has agreed to go, but i think he would be totally freaked.

They also spoke of prophecy and the muslim/jewish problem in a way that would definitely offend my husband and eldest son.
    Even so, I'll probably go back next week.

It must seem hypocritical that I post really raunchy stuff on my journal and talk about church on yours. If so, sorry.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67