Page 210 of 639 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 6388

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 210

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Karin, I think it is sad that the high I get for a few moments of eating sugar (for example) is stronger than the pain I feel after eating it!

Thanks Paula, it is a new day and I am feeling good!

so, got home from work, starving. Don't know why. But took a cup of unsweetened almond milk, cracked an egg into it, vanilla, nutmeg, a sprinkle of xanthum, stevia....stick blender...voila instant egg nog!!!! So I drink that, and heat up some veggie soup. But I am too full to finish the soup! I actually left some in the bowl. I never do that! honestly, I just clean up the plate, that is what I do, but the egg nog made me too full. weird.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    would egg whites work with that? I need to compare coconut milk calories to nonfat dry milk or whole milk.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

The coconut milk I use is the one in the carton (40 calories a C). Not reallly primal, but I think we can all see that I am moving away from strict Primal as it did not work for me. Egg whites might work, especially if you whip it good, maybe even whip those first.

I am starting today to do a combination of SSoS, because I truly believe it is the healthiest way for me to eat/exercise/live, and a Low Carb Mediterranean Diet, because this is what worked for me before I went Primal.

I went to the doc yesterday, my weight (subtracting clothes, shoes, and the fact that it was afternoon) was essentially 260. That is roughly 7 pounds less than when I started Primal in August of 2011. Lots of heartache, irritation, and stress for very little loss. I will be using the best sourced meats and veggies I can find/afford but will be using a Mediterranean Diet as my guide. I will be shooting for less than 50g of carb, with at least 20g of fiber. I will still be drinking 100oz of tea/water. This is a small shift, and hopefully enough of one to start the fat dropping off.

I am actually excited.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like a good plan, Chris. Here's cheering you on!!!! [What does the Mediterranean part entail?]
    -- Ruth

Ketogenic Mediterranean Diet | Diabetic Mediterranean Diet

a link for you. Easier than explaining!

So today is a good day, and if I actually stay with the plan, which I will!!!!!, then it turns out that I will get 72g of carb and 31g fiber which gives me 41g of net carbs, 108g of fat, and 173g of protein. I actually think that is pretty darn good and totally doable. The carbs and net carbs are slightly higher than the original plan but they are all basically from veggies, so I am cool with this as numbers to shoot for. These numbers put me at 50% fat, 35% protein, 15% carb. I have been comfy all day no hunger to speak of, and this gets me 11 veggies. Now to string more than a couple days together!

The only thing that changed yesterday after I wrote that is that I got hungry so I had some turkey breast while I was waiting for the pork loin to cook. It bumped my protein and fat up a little bit, but not the carbs. If I was counting calories I would not likely be happy with the number, it was almost 2,000. Anyway, it felt good so I am staying the course.

Gotta do a quick grocery run, we are having company for dinner and cards, then gotta do a serious clean up before everyone gets here!

Lovely day yesterday. Spent the morning cooking and cleaning, then met up with BFF and her daughters for a coffee while the boys (her DH, my DH, my DS, and her DD's boyfriend) went to see Lincoln. After that we went back to my house had some cheese and crackers (no crackers for me), soup (veggie), a beautiful salad, bread (none for me), wine (yes, thank you), and some homemade brew (not for me). We talked and laughed and played cards and except for Bama beating the Dawgs it was a great night. Never got around to eating dessert. I had made egg nog ice cream with the egg nog I had in the fridge. I don't usually make dessert for this group, and actually will probably stop for most of my dinners, but the egg nog needed to get finished and I thought the likelihood was greater if it was in ice cream form.

All in all, I moved a lot, ate pretty much within my parameters, and spent quality time with people I love. The only thing missing was my DD.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    How beautiful, Chris! Sounds like a wonderful day!!!!!
    -- Ruth