Page 209 of 666 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 6651

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 209

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    WOOO!! Go GIrl!! Its after 1 and I am still in my jammies at my moms. I need to get dressed, go home, get something done and go for a walk. Technically, I should do 2 30min walks today. I have not walked for the past 2 days. I dont think dd is budging, I may need to go at it alone.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    forget the idea of catching up on the walks, it will quickly become overwhelming! just do the 30 mins and be happy!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Chris - happy (very belated) birthday!!!!

Your plan sounds like a good one. Now that I'm home for a bit, I need to get walking again. I took the dogs out for a walk yesterday and again today. On a day I don't do that, I need to get on the treadmill. I'm a pretty firm believer in slow movement everyday, but don't act on my beliefs

I had a T-day like you. I enjoyed a few of my favorites in moderation and am back on track today. It's ideally how I want to live the rest of my life
    -- Ruth

thanks!

Yep, ideally I would be at an ideal weight for maximum health, slow movement every day, healthy eating 90 to 95% of the time, with small indulgences when worth it, then right back to healthy eating. I honestly think that now that I have let go of the scale my focus has shifted and I feel much more confident that I can achieve this type of life. Its a very good feeling coming off of my 54th and going into a new year!

Yesterday went very well all things considered. The things that need to be considered? DD made Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge with nuts, and Peanut Butter Oatmeal cookies. I did not even taste the cookies, but did have a 1" square of the fudge. So how did I do on my first full day of the "new" goals?

1. minimum 10 NSV every day a little light here, only had 8
    2. minimum 35g protein per meal/snack, at least 150g a day didn't track, but had at least 75 at breakfast, 40 @ lunch, & 40 @ dinner
    3. minimum 10,000 steps a day (this is where the treadmill comes in), once a week each of the eccentric cardio and HIET 7,200 steps eccentric starts Tuesday
    4. In bed at least 8 hours, even if I can't always control quantity here I know I can't sleep 8 if I am not in bed for at least 8!in bed 9.5 hours! actual sleep, exactly 8 hours!
    5. minimum 100oz of fluids. yep, got it in!
    6. no sugar and no grains (this is the only negatively stated goal) sugar in the fudge, but no grains

On my days off, I have been drinking a cup of matcha after my coffee. It is so yummy and it seems to be helping a lot with my energy level. I know the sleep makes a difference too, but really the matcha also have incredible anti-oxidant properties and is purported (actually has science to back up green tea in general) to help with fat loss.

I use Republic of Tea's ground matcha. I buy the 1lb bag for 250 servings. Pricey at first but it does last. Anyhoo, I take 12 to 14 ounces of water just off the boil, add a tsp of the powder, a tsp of HWC, a few drops of stevia and use a stick blender to get a foam (this is is a tall cup mind you!) then pour into a mug and enjoy.

great job! What exactly is matcha? Is it a green tea?
    Karin

thank you

matcha is the green tea leaves ground into a powder. It appears as though it has 10x's the ECGC as green tea brewed from tea bags. And personally I prefer the flavor.

so goal wise things had been going well until yesterday. I got into a chocolate...well gonna have to call it a binge. But since I believe that a binge is triggered by a deficit nutritionally, I am thinking that my breakfast got a little too low fat to be satisfying and to get my Omega 3's in. So today I have added a half an avocado to my morning smoothie.

Physically, wow, did I pay the price and almost immediately for the chocolate. Odd thing is it wasn't that much. Well, not like pounds of it or anything. I started by eating those little bite size hershey pieces, special dark, early in the day-10:30 ish. Not sure how many but more than 5 and less than 10. Then after lunch, I was jonesing for more so I opted for some raw almonds instead. Didn't work, still jonesin'. So I made a pumpkin protein latte. No go, had 6 mini-dark chocolate reeses from TJ's. After dinner, still looking. Ended the night with a Red Velvet Chocolate cup of tea and a 100 calorie dark chocolate bar from TJ's.

So physically by the time we were eating dinner my joints and muscles ached. Since no grain was involved I am going to assume it was all the sugar. I actually thought I was going to have to take a tylenol for the pain so I could sleep! Then this morning, I have felt like crap, nausea and headache. It is hard to believe that was all it took to make me feel so crappy!

I am feeling better and better as I drink the veggie laden smoothie. I gotta try to remember this the next time I want to snarf down so much chocolate/sugar!

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    so goal wise things had been going well until yesterday. I got into a chocolate...well gonna have to call it a binge. But since I believe that a binge is triggered by a deficit nutritionally, I am thinking that my breakfast got a little too low fat to be satisfying and to get my Omega 3's in. So today I have added a half an avocado to my morning smoothie.

Physically, wow, did I pay the price and almost immediately for the chocolate. Odd thing is it wasn't that much. Well, not like pounds of it or anything. I started by eating those little bite size hershey pieces, special dark, early in the day-10:30 ish. Not sure how many but more than 5 and less than 10. Then after lunch, I was jonesing for more so I opted for some raw almonds instead. Didn't work, still jonesin'. So I made a pumpkin protein latte. No go, had 6 mini-dark chocolate reeses from TJ's. After dinner, still looking. Ended the night with a Red Velvet Chocolate cup of tea and a 100 calorie dark chocolate bar from TJ's.

So physically by the time we were eating dinner my joints and muscles ached. Since no grain was involved I am going to assume it was all the sugar. I actually thought I was going to have to take a tylenol for the pain so I could sleep! Then this morning, I have felt like crap, nausea and headache. It is hard to believe that was all it took to make me feel so crappy!

I am feeling better and better as I drink the veggie laden smoothie. I gotta try to remember this the next time I want to snarf down so much chocolate/sugar!
    It must have been the new moon causing the cravings. Glad you are feeling better today. You know, when you consume toxic foods all the time, you think nothing of it (neither does your body). However, after you are eating clean, your body recognizes the toxicity. You would think we (as in me) would remember and just not do it. It must be the human element.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good work on your goals. Keep it up. I would not have been able to resist the fudge either.