Page 208 of 644 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 6431

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 208

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have always said that I would never want to be president, but I would be a dictator- for three years. My kids tell me I don't understand the concept of dictator.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Hi Kymma! Thanks for the birthday wishes. Love Memphis, but not as much as Nashville!

Sabine, now you can tell them to look up Cincinnatus! (and Washington while they are at it!) and I totally agree, 3 years as dictator would pretty much take care of what needed done. And I suspect it is going to take a woman to do it!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    And I suspect it is going to take a woman to do it!
    Why is that out of curiosity?

As for dictatorships, I've often felt the same - given a little time I could fix the world/country's problems. Sadly, I then realized that what I consider problems others are quite happy about.

Anyway, when you all ascend unto your true dictatorial powers do me a favor and kill me last

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Amazons, Amazons!!! I have my Wonder Woman costume ready to go.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Well, sorry that was kind of sexist. But no, absolutely no intention of killing you guys off, I LOVE men! Really I do. It is just well, you guys have had the power for oh so long, and its our turn.

But yes, the beauty of dictatorship is you get to decide what the problems are as well as the solutions to them!

So I had a great Thanksgiving with my family. Mostly SANE, I just very thoughtfully chose where I wanted to veer from perfection. For me the mashed potatoes and stuffing=not worth it, the green bean casserole (made from scratch) and the pumpkin pie (with less sugar than the recipe called for, homemade crust, and very lightly sweetened homemade whipped cream) were worth it.

The way I see it, my fat problem was not created in a day and my solution is not going to be ruined by enjoying one day. (I said this to one of our fellow MDAers and I kind of like the sentiment, so I am repeating it here!) Now the trick is to make sure it is just one day. Getting right back on it right now.

My treadmill is working again (it is a finicky old girl). I plan to listen to a podcast from SSoS and get 30 mins on the treadmill every day. This was historically enough to ensure I got at least 10,000 steps in the day for 2 reasons, 1 of course is the steps I got while on the treadmill, 2 is once I have done those in the morning they tend to make me more active throughout the day even without trying.

So today I pledge to myself to go 100% SANE through Christmas Eve. That is technically the day I get on the scale, but since I am doing this as much for health as fat loss, and I have managed to break the stranglehold the scale had on me I am hesitant to get back on it. I will probably do measurements instead. 1 month including the exercises, yes I will finally start the exercises. So here is my plan...

1. minimum 10 NSV every day
    2. minimum 35g protein per meal/snack, at least 150g a day
    3. minimum 10,000 steps a day (this is where the treadmill comes in), once a week each of the eccentric cardio and HIET
    4. In bed at least 8 hours, even if I can't always control quantity here I know I can't sleep 8 if I am not in bed for at least 8!
    5. minimum 100oz of fluids.
    6. no sugar and no grains (this is the only negatively stated goal)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Great Attitude. Keep up the good work!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    sound good Chris. If anyone can fo this you can. I am going to try and figure out how to download podcasts to my nano without synching so I do not lose what is on it. Maybe listening to some podcasts will be inspiring.

I keep having to remind myself that this is not an overnight transformation.. I have been reminding myself of this for years *le sigh*
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Thanks guys, except for the eccentric exercise the rest of it is really easily doable for me. And I know that if I don't push a little bit then nothing is likely to change. But if I push too much then I am very likely to revert. I think this plan hits just the right notes for me.

Karin, I think as long as you have space on your nano that the podcasts can be synced without taking the other stuff off of it, but I always defer to my kids on all matters iTunes so I am not sure! Can you just download the podcast app onto your smart phone and listen to them from there?

For me the SSoS podcasts are just right. They are about 30 minutes long, and they reiterate what I want to accomplish and why.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ok, good start, did 30 on the treadmill so half way to my 10,000 steps! Even spent some time (not much) cleaning the basement. Had my 3 veggie protein smoothie, yum. after lunch I need to do some house keeping cause I think we have company coming tomorrow.