Page 207 of 665 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 6650

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 207

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, but of course, while any birthday that you wake up is a good one this is one of the better ones!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like you did some great family things.

I have been doing quite well for the past few days, I believe it is because I am making myself a "dessert" for after dinner, a version of pumpkin pie without the crust.

1. eat 10 different veggies (mostly low starch ones) YES!
    2. get enough protein (125g to 200g) YES!
    3. at least 100oz of fluids YES!
    4. in bed for 8 hours YES!
    5. no sugar and no grains, YES!
    6. some movement, so that is 10,000 steps a day...well, I am moving but maybe not 10,000 steps.

I am still doing very well regarding my daily goals, if we ever get our car back I will get more diligent about the movement goal. I keep thinking today is the day and then its not

The boys are getting tired of pumpkin, already. So I found another dessert that is Chocolate PB that I am going to make for them. It uses protein powder, and cocoa, as well as a small bit of the PB, and I can make up a batch and then they can microwave a portion in a ramekin. They will like that better, and that way I can sneak some protein into both of these carbo-maniacs! And this way I can do the pumpkin dessert exactly the way I want to without compromises for their tastes, win win. Well except they lose the sneaky veggie that pumpkin is, maybe I can sneak that into the Chocolate PB thing and they won't notice?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good job on hitting all your daily goals. That's wonderful.

I used to serve my kids pumpkin pie for breakfast. I still feel it is a perfectly valid choice. Pumpkin rocks! Even with crust.

Yeah, I am just too lazy to make the crust for everyday! And if I make it with crust, they pretty much finish the pie, so it is an everyday thing. I do have one really easy recipe for crust, you actually mix in the pie plate, I may give that a try with coconut flour and coconut oil and see how it goes over.

p.s. thanks, I am feeling pretty good, I have reasonable goals that I am confident will improve my health, and I am reaching them.

Ok, drum roll please.................The car is done! We don't have it yet, but will pick it up either this morning or Monday! Then I can get back to my normal life!!! It has been 3 1/2 months. No that is not a typo. They have had the car for three and one half months! I actually told DH this week that I thought he just needed to buy a new car, and whenever we got this one back just sell it. He considered it. I think in his heart he really wants a jeep wrangler, I wish, it would be so much more useful. Oh well.

So except for the movement I am still hitting my goals. DD is home for the football game (her college against DH's), so there is junk around! She made a cheesecake last night! She goes back on Sunday and then I will pick her up on Tuesday for Thanksgiving. Home 3 weekends in a row! Her first year I don't think she was home 3 weekends in 2 semesters!

We have so much fun together now! She added some crazy app to her phone that has silly pictures with even sillier captions that she can send as part of a text. Her and DS and I sat around laughing till we cried reading them last night!

DS sent off his 4th college application on Thursday. Now we wait. He has 2 more to send but they are not due until the 1st of January. On the essays that he had to write to include with the applications....1 asked for a person who had changed his life and he chose the girl in Guatemala that he and DD sponsor, very sweet essay....1 asked for what 2 figures from history would you select to have a conversation what would you ask them and why and he chose George Washington (nothing surprising there) and Cincinnatus (who?!?!?hahaha). He is a history buff and he said that both men were given free reign to become almost dictators or at least rulers for life, but both chose to step down from power once they had accomplished their goals. That they had their positions not for the mere purpose of being powerful but to accomplish specific goals. So he wanted them to tell him about how they had chosen the goals over dictatorship essentially. Pretty sure that these essays will stand out as being a bit different (in a good way)!

Unfortunately, while the car is ready it is still not in our possession, the mechanic called while I was driving to pick the kiddo up and I couldn't get back in time, he didn't call Saturday as he said he might (big surprise there). But barring anything unusual, we will have it back tomorrow.

Well, I actually got in over 10,000 steps yesterday, not even trying! But it was also the day I allowed myself a cheat. It was a homemade cheesecake. It was actually pretty low sugar, and no crust, so it could have been worse. But it also means I did not get all 6 of my goals in in one day so close.

1. eat 10 different veggies (mostly low starch ones) YES!
    2. get enough protein (125g to 200g) YES!
    3. at least 100oz of fluids YES!
    4. in bed for 8 hours YES!
    5. no sugar and no grains, well, no
    6. some movement, so that is 10,000 steps a day...yep!

Last night I was actually in bed for 9:30 hours! I slept 8:30 of them! It definitely feels different, and it would be hard to argue that getting 10,000 steps in and spending 4 hours outside (we went to the football game) had nothing to do with it. Gonna have to work on that going forward.

Gotta take DD part way back to school (she is hitching a ride with friends the rest of the way), then pick her up on Tuesday afternoon for the Thanksgiving weekend.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Ohmygosh.. I missed your birthday!! I am so sorry! I hope it was merry!!

Congrats on the car!! I know you all are ready to have it back! Great job on the 10,000 steps.. I am so jealous!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey fellow Tennessean! We are just down the road from each other, music capitals in our own rights! Happy elated birthday. I may have to try that pumpkin pie, sounds delish!