Page 206 of 609 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 6084

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 206

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gosh no, I would not expect you to remember that! Especially since I did think I was going through it a while back, in fact about the 3rd week into my cycle, every month, I wonder ooo, could this be it. But then it starts. Not sure which is worse, having it start or going into menopause.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I don't know if anyone else reads this guy, but he has some great information. I subscribe to his daily news letter. In it he sends out a scientific study regarding health, usually heart health, cholesterol, saturated fat, that sort of thing. But today's was about Aspertame. Thought you might be interested....HEALTHY DIETS AND SCIENCE: Aspartame increases hunger

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE my Vitamix. One of the best things I've ever purchased.

Thanks, I had a smoothie this morning that was less that smooth, your comment is perfect timing!

Well, the photos are not really enough for me right now. I have started back to tracking today. It just feels better to me, for now. I can adjust what I am going to eat, make sure I get all my veggies and proteins in, and see what the percentages are with the app for myfitnesspal on my phone. I like the idea of the photos, but I would like a better place to put them, may do some research on free apps for the phone.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I kind of like the photos as more of an accountability. If I have to take a picture of everything I tend to think twice. However, I like looking at my meals and seeing how I can improve them. I will probably drop it eventually though. I would like to continue for at least the month of November.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I think if I had a less public place to put them, or was clever enough to make the collage like you did I would be more interested. It isn't that I don't want people to see, it just feels like all I pin then is food, feels obsessive even though it is actually less so than tracking. Too bad myfitnesspal doesn't have a photo journal ability.

DD came home from school this weekend to run a half marathon (13.1 miles) it was a very pretty day for it, although it was a tad warmer at the end that she would have liked. This is her 5th one, and her best time so far. Not sure of the official time but she thinks it was 1:54! She is shooting to beat 1:45 the next time (she runs 2 a year, on Fall and one Spring)

On another happy note, pinterest now has "secret" boards, so I am back to pinning my meals but don't have to subject all of my followers to viewing them! Sweet.

Yesterday was my 54th birthday. I have not been doing a very good job of following SSoS, and under normal circumstances I would have gotten on the scale yesterday and beat myself up over the fact that I have gone another year and not taken control of my weight. This year was different. For one thing I know what to do this year, and for whatever reason (fear of success I think) just not done it. In years past, it would have been that I was following what ever diet I was on at the time and not seeing progress. And then let depression set in.

So this year...my DD was home from college to run a half marathon. It was an early morning race, so we got to spend most of Saturday together before she went back. After the race we went shopping, then to our fav sushi place. I had a poke bowl, I just didn't eat the rice. very yummy! Then we went to a local park and strolled around chatting.

Sunday morning, DH and I went out to breakfast, I had an egg white veggie omelet, yum. Put the sides (potatoes and muffin) into a to-go container and DH ate it for his lunch. Then he and I went to another one of the city parks and climbed the stairs to the top of the hill (the fitbit says it was 17 floors!) to get a panoramic view of the city in all its fall colors glory.

Sunday afternoon, DS and I watched our Titans beat some Dolphin butt, then Sunday night we watched the replay of VANDY beating Ole Miss (sweet!). DH is not so much into football, this is something that DS and I share.

All in all a perfect birthday weekend!

p.s. I was SANE for 2 days in a row...
    1. eat 10 different veggies (mostly low starch ones) YES!
    2. get enough protein (125g to 200g) YES!
    3. at least 100oz of fluids YES!
    4. in bed for 8 hours YES!
    5. no sugar and no grains, YES!
    6. some movement, so that is 10,000 steps a day YES!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday, demuralist. Sounds like a pretty good one!