well what I think and hope is that 40years of yoyo dieting have screwed things up but not beyond repair, and that along with poor quality sleep is keeping me from losing fat.
I am actually not post menopausal yet, not even sure I qualify as menopausal. I do have night sweats on occasion but, still have a pretty regular period, so can't use that as an excuse. The only medication I am taking is the same thing I have taken for about 18 years, so its not that either.
It is my intention to work as hard as I can to get to these goals on a daily basis...
1. eat 10 different veggies (mostly low starch ones)
2. get enough protein (125g to 200g)
3. at least 100oz of fluids
4. in bed for 8 hours (even if I can't control the quality, I can at least be in bed long enough to try to get the quantity)
5. no sugar and no grains, I plan to begin to make myself a "dessert" that I can enjoy without guilt, a coconut/chia custard or some such.
6. some movement, so that is 10,000 steps a day and the eccentric exercises as prescribed by SSoS (1 day is "cardio" ie. sprint type something and 1 day is "weight training")
The time change and temperature drop are very helpful for the quality of the sleep. So I think that once we get the car back, and I can add the movement back in, I may actually get all 6 in one day. When I can then string along more than a few days of these, I feel confident I will start to get smaller.
I am still off of the scale and that is helping me keep the stress about this to a minimum.