Page 201 of 546 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 5460

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 201

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Mine is working well, but doesn't really make smoothies smooth. and it is an Oster, and the plastic screw on base thing on the bottom tends to crack thus allowing leakage. So I bought a pack of 3 plus the rubber o-ring that fits inside. The cost was ridiculous. Anyway, I am on my last one, so I expect any day now to have smoothie oozing onto my counter. My food processor is going as well. It is very old and the plastic bowl has gotten brittle and pieces of it are breaking off. I have a crummy stick blender I would like to replace also. So I think I will get the Vita-mix, and a serious stick blender and those 2 will do everything that I currently use the processor and blenders for. They will be easier to clean, and take up less space than what they are replacing. (My food processor, got from my MIL, has all sorts of never used blades and bowls) Then I will be able to make a home for the dehydrator under the counter and my counters will have less clutter thus making DH very happy. Oh man can the girl come up with justifications or what?!?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    With as much time as we spend in the kitchen making food for the family, we deserve to have some good stuff. Maybe not the best or most expensive, but appliances that do the job we bought them for. WHat I really need to do is get rid of the junk that is never used anymore - like my bread machine!

I don't have many appliances I don't use but I do have baking pans I could at least move to the basement (purgatory for things on their way to be donated), where they can live for a while, usually a year or less, until I get tired of moving them around or looking at them.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Did you ever look at the Blendtec (I think that's what it's called)? I can't decide if it or the VitaMix is better (or maybe they're the same). DH thinks I should just get a Ninja. I would rather save up and get the appliance I want and plan to have for a long time.
    -- Ruth

I have a friend who has a Vitamix at home and put a Blendtec in at the school cafe and she prefers the Vitamix (the stick down the center is a big help). I have had to buy a new blender about every other year, until a couple of years ago I bought the parts for my Oster that kept breaking. I am done settling for something less than the Vitamix. They have a 7 year warranty, and with what I have spent on blenders in the past seven years I could easily have bought the Vitamix and had smoother smoothies, and less hassle. I have almost saved the money for it, I will have it by Christmas! (p.s. I read reviews on the Ninja and they were not great)

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info. I will work on DH My food processor is still limping along, but I bet next year I can have enough money saved. I'm drooling over the thought of your appliance
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    me too! Its on a someday list. Ahead of that is a house Yes, thinking and considering purchasing a house in this little town I am coming to love more and more.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

wow, I have been wishing we were renters! I love our house and our neighborhood, but DH is such a worrier that he is constantly sending me emails to have this or that checked for something or other. He was way lower stress when we rented!

I am dying for a pair of brown boots, I know exactly what I want, but will likely wait until next year so I can justify the Vitamix! The ones I want will have to be second hand anyway, so it will probably take me a year or two to find them, it is gonna all be about luck on that one!
    Chris
    Unknown

while renting is nice (not responsible for the property) there is something to be said for ownership although it makes me a little nervous. If I can have it paid off by the time I retire, that is a huge benefit. This would be a nice town to retire in.
    Karin

PrimalCon New York
    I found you on pintrest but struggling with FB
    Karin