Page 200 of 660 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 6593

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 200

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OMG! got 6:31 hours of sleep last night! 80% efficiency, best in a very long time. Got into bed at 10:30 got up at 6:45 (no alarm). I am still waking up a bit stiff, wondering if I would take a few minutes to stretch before bed if that would help. I know taking a couple of tylenol before bed helps but not gonna do that nightly.

If we ever get DH's car back (it is 3 months this week), I will get to start my morning walks again and that may help too.

Food goes well. I am letting myself not worry about it. For now I am doing the least restrictive of the programs of the SSoS since I feel like I am in a physical and mental healing phase. Focus on 10 to 12 veggies a day, and 30g protein per "meal", then I allow 1 "cheat". Yesterday it was a pumpkin custard I made-not truly a "cheat" as I made it and it was sugar free, but it felt like one cause I made whipped cream for a topping (sweetened with stevia). It didn't have a crust. But there are days when the cheat is a cheat (ie. yesterday I had a small piece of bread that I had made for company dinner)

I saw "Einkorn Wheat" at WF yesterday. Wondering if I could use that when I make the homemade bread and pizza crust for the family and reduce the negative effects of the wheat. I am not going to stop the bread and pizza (I make each about 2 times a month, usually alternating weeks-I don't usually eat any), it is the only bread they eat, although DS likely gets pizza at church and school functions on occasion.

oh well, that didn't last long. Last night I barely slept 4 hours with 60% efficiency, not a single stretch of sleep. Not sure what I am going to do about it. I had hoped that with the fall chill the house would be cooler, but DH started another batch of beer, so it has to stay at 72 day and night. Tonight I may break down and take the tylenol and sleep upstairs where we keep it cooler at night.

Another night with less than 4 hours sleep. Maybe I should stop checking that and see if it helps not to stress about it?

Added an avocado, well 1/2 of one, to my smoothie for breakfast. Very nice, very green. This morning I used spinach, broccoli, kale, avocado, and added unsweetened almond milk, the rest of my coffee (it had gotten cold), egg whites, gelatin, cocoa, sweeteners, golden flax meal.

We still don't have our car, maybe this week? It is starting to wear me down.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Still no car?? How crazy is that??? It can not be that difficult to fix, does not matter what kind of car. I mean, computers do most of the work. wow.

so you say your shake this morning was very green and with your ingredients I would agree. Is this a can drink at a nice pace smoothie is chug it smoothie? I am thinking I would have to chug..lol

sorry to hear your sleep is still disrupted. I wish I had a suggestion but if I hit on something that works for me I will pass it on.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Poor company/personal management is the reason for the car. If we ever get it back we will not be going back. Very sad as I like and trust the guy, but slow is his middle name. They could have totally built the car from scratch by now!

No it was actually pretty good. I found a very nice strawberry flavoring at WF, used about 20drops of stevia, 1tsp xylitol, and 1tsp erythritol. That and the cocoa actually made it pretty tasty definitely had a berry/cocoa flavor to it. the 3 veggies were frozen, which usually gives them a milder flavor. My kid would not have touched it, but I drank it as I answered my email this morning. I won't drink it if I have to hold my nose and chug it. I like veggies though. I am going to do it tomorrow with green beans instead of the broccoli. Mostly because I will make and eat broccoli, not usually green beans cause the hubs doesn't care for them.

Yea, if we find the sleep solution I think we could become millionaires!

Yesterday was a carb fest. I wouldn't exactly call it a binge, the decisions were conscious and up front and the portions were not excessive. My intestines did not feel right yesterday (IBD is acting up) and all that sounded good was carbs. No harm no foul and no guilt, I move on to today.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Yesterday was a carb fest. I wouldn't exactly call it a binge, the decisions were conscious and up front and the portions were not excessive. My intestines did not feel right yesterday (IBD is acting up) and all that sounded good was carbs. No harm no foul and no guilt, I move on to today.
    This is healthy. I have been mulling over the whole cheating thing. As long as its a conscious choice its nothing to worry about, no harm no foul no guilt. Binges tend to be emotional and irrational and on occasion seem uncontrollable. This is where forgiving yourself and moving on is necessary. Glad you identified it and are moving on. I occasionally have carb fests too.
    Karin

thanks, all part of creating a "normal" relationship with food.

This morning's smoothie was better than yesterday's, I used green beans instead of broccoli. I am so gonna get a Vita-mix, had a taste of a smoothie at a friend's and it was crazy smooth, and she was putting in a whole apple, minus only the stem, when I got there! Every time I am out (or on the computer) and I decide not to buy something I really want (last week it was a pair of shoes) I take the cash and put it in my Vita-mix savings pile. Hopefully I will have enough money saved by Christmas to buy one. This is helping me to justify the cost.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I want a vitamix too. Unfortunately, my blender is fairly new and works great.
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mine is working well, but doesn't really make smoothies smooth. and it is an Oster, and the plastic screw on base thing on the bottom tends to crack thus allowing leakage. So I bought a pack of 3 plus the rubber o-ring that fits inside. The cost was ridiculous. Anyway, I am on my last one, so I expect any day now to have smoothie oozing onto my counter. My food processor is going as well. It is very old and the plastic bowl has gotten brittle and pieces of it are breaking off. I have a crummy stick blender I would like to replace also. So I think I will get the Vita-mix, and a serious stick blender and those 2 will do everything that I currently use the processor and blenders for. They will be easier to clean, and take up less space than what they are replacing. (My food processor, got from my MIL, has all sorts of never used blades and bowls) Then I will be able to make a home for the dehydrator under the counter and my counters will have less clutter thus making DH very happy. Oh man can the girl come up with justifications or what?!?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.