Page 198 of 547 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 5462

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 198

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sabine; if you are not opposed to eating berries they cover the taste of the green beans as well as the cauliflower and the spinach (I use 1/2C each of frozen). But I am cutting out the berries and am switching over to just strong flavorings. I think that the frozen veggies have less strong flavor, which may just be that a cold tongue is kind of numb.

I actually like the taste of them or I couldn't keep it up. I like the flavors a lot actually.

Still not cold enough for soup, hopefully next week. So I guess I should start the bone broth. We have another college visit Sunday and Monday then we can get back to 'normal'.

OMG!!! just made this for dinner and it was fantastic and easy!!!! Just fried up a couple of eggs for protein and voila!

Overnight Developments Marmalade and Mileposts

She actually has tons of great recipes, mostly primal, mostly SANE, all that I have tried are yummy!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I think I have caught up on your journal. Look at you plugging along happy as a clam Sounds like you are still eating SANEly. I bought some whey protein so I can get back to having at least one shake a day. I do like the frozen green beans in them, they are so mild and can easily be hidden with berries.

Good luck college hunting.. I can not even think of my dd going to one far away. Of course I have a bit more time than you do. Lets hope he goes within an easy commute
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Yep, still mostly SANE. It just fits very well with the foods I tend to like (well except for the whole sugar thing of course, but I have not found any studies that say that is healthy!)

I know it isn't primal, but I have started to use flavored SF syrups in my smoothies to cut out fruit (for now). Frozen cauliflower is pretty tasteless as well. I also add a T of cocoa powder, for its antioxidant power as well as its ability to kill any lingering taste of the veggies.

If you like pumpkin, I have been doing a pumpkin spice latte lately. Yummy. I use the zNatural whey that I got through the SSoS site, it is unflavored and has nothing added except for a pinch of soy lecithin for anti-caking properties. So I take 1C coffee, 1C coconut milk (from the carton, not the can-if you use the can you will need to water it down I think), 1/2C pumpkin (from the can), some cinnamon (also has some healing properties), stevia, vanilla, whey and sometimes egg whites (from the carton I am lazy!) Hand mixer or blender (I sometimes add cauliflower if I need another veggie, then I have to use the blender)

This whole college thing is soooooo stressful. It is just a series of different kinds of stresses. Right now it is all about getting the applications in to the right places at the right times along with all the other stuff they want (transcripts, test scores, references, etc). Every school has different requirements and dates, and unfortunately the ones he is interested in don't all use the common app. It is a huge PITA! Once we get all of these in, and we get back the info on where he got in, then we can worry about where he will go. That will be the stress for spring!

I am SO going to try the pumpkin spie latte! It sounds like just the thing as I am out the door when I go back to work. I just love pumpkin! Yeah fall!! I think I am going to do a blend of SSoS and Schwarzbein since there are so many similarities. I think having a protein shake once per day so long as my macros are in place is ok.. at least for now. Should I find that I am struggling, having problems etc. I can adjust.

I can see your point in using the SF syrups as it would help with the fruit/carb issue that can creep up. However, as long as you are using them moderately it should be fine. Are there some sweetened with stevia?
    Karin

There is a caramel one sweetened with erythritol that I sometimes use in the pumpkin spice latte. I need to do an internet search. I may be able to just switch to a strong raspberry flavoring and use my own sweetener right?

I don't feel good if I don't get my protein in the morning. I am going to go back to no dairy as soon as I am out of what I have. It will help cut down on carbs. Then my morning smoothie will just be egg whites for protein and my afternoon with be the whey and gelatin (I like to get different sources through out the day.) But I cannot stomach food in the morning, so I am not giving up the smoothies!

I would think flavorings and your own sweeteners would work fine. In my cabinet I have strawberry, chocolate, orange and who knows what else besides vanilla. I would think all flavors are available. Now according to this handout from Schwarzbein they count real cream (I am assuming HWC) as a healthy fat and not under the carbs. However they count whole milk under real carbs that are allowed. So I am like ummmm... while CM does in a pinch and I have nothing against it..I really prefer HWC. Doesn't CM have carbs as well?? God heavens this can be such a slippery slope.
    Karin

I never stopped using HWC in my coffee, and on occasion whipping it up with a few drops of stevia. I don't care for the CM in my coffee at all. I would think that full fat cm from a can counts as a healthy fat as well.

So the HWC doesn't cause a dairy issue for you?

I did find stevia sweetened coffee flavoring syrups, but the shipping was more than the cost of the bottle. I will be looking into the flavorings, don't know why I hadn't thought of that before.

To be honest, I probably do better without dairy (sometimes a little gassy or stuffy) but I really love HWC. CM is ok and I like it as well but its just not the same. Its almost like there is a comfort when drinking your coffee with HWC. I dunno how else to explain lol
    Karin

PrimalCon New York
    I only have 1 large mug of coffee with between 2 and 3 T of HWC a day. So I am not giving it up. I don't have a problem with dairy per say, but it does have carbs, and I would rather be getting my carbs from the veggies as I can get the protein from other sources.

I decided this morning that I am going to try to just get 30g to 35g of protein each time I eat (which is usually 4 times a day), shooting for closer to the lower end of the scale-125g-which feels more natural/less forced. Work to keep carbs below 50g or 60g while still getting at least 10 non-starchy veggies. Then fill in the rest with naturally occurring fats in the HWC, and the meats I eat, as well as the olive oil I use in my salads and the coconut oil I use for cooking.

I have just read enough that indicates that excess protein will be used as carbs in the body. And this morning JB from SSoS basically said that the reason he recommends the higher end of the 125g to 200g end of the protein scale is that he anticipates that his readers are doing the exercise. Well I am not doing it, yet, so I am going to shift the focus slightly. We will see how that goes!

Obviously still working hard to not have any sugar or grains.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.