Page 196 of 547 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 5466

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 196

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    thanks! yeah me too!

Another totally SANE day! that is 2. one day at a time.

I wish that I could figure out the trigger (and sell it!) that gets me from that cheatin heart to this matter of fact type of compliance. Something switches on (or maybe off?) and I am not dieting or eating good or bad it is just the way I eat. The stress of it all is gone and I just do it. Feels so good!

STATS:
    Carbs=87g
    Fat=81
    Protein=166
    Fiber=31

Just where I like to be, carbs and fat at about half of the protein, fiber around 30!

I had a 99% SANE day yesterday. Last night my stomach was really unsettled so I had 5 ritz crackers to settle it down so I could get to sleep. This is an improvement over what I would have done in the past though, as I would have finished all or most of the sleeve! So I am going to count it as day 3.

I had PB with lunch and ribs (homemade and SANE) for dinner and they kicked my fat up higher than I would shoot for, but I can live with it for a day. I actually had 12 non-starchy veggies yesterday! But only got 3 servings of at least 30g of protein.

STATS:
    Carbs=95g
    Fat=98g
    Protein=110g
    Fiber=31g

Forgot to wear the fitbit to bed, but I was in bed for almost 10 hours, I would be shocked if I didn't get at least 7 hours of sleep. I can't usually stay in bed that long because things start getting achy, I must have been tired!

There is a reception at work tonight and I am the person who is taking care of the "hostess" type role. So I have to pick up the food, and decorate the tables, and just generally keep the food and drink tables stocked and clean. But this is the kind of thing I think is fun. Even though I work hourly I don't usually hand in a time card. If I miss a day I just come in early a few days to make it up. So since I usually only work 3 hour days working tonight is going to be good for 2 days! And since DH's car has been in the shop I have been going in early and that amounts to an extra day every week. It has been 9 weeks, and we have at least another before we get the car back. I only work 4 day weeks, so I am looking at 3 weeks of paid days off.

Another day of total SANEity. Yeah! So technically my do-over started September 26th, and we are off and running, Christmas will basically be 3 months. So I guess the Vitamix will be my Christmas present, since it is to be my reward for staying on program for 3 months.

I didn't get to have my afternoon smoothie, but that was ok. I amazingly did not put anything into my mouth at the reception I was working. Even when I was packing it up afterward! Just went home and had dinner! So my stats are a tad lower than normal.

STATS:
    Carbs=76
    Fat=67
    Protein=122
    fiber=23

So yesterday's intake made up for the day before. I seemed to be hungry all day. I stayed totally SANE it was just a lot of food.

STATS:
    Carbs:=126 the acorn squash pushes this up
    Fat=100
    Protein=175
    Fiber=39

I am noticing that as the carbs go up from the veggies so does the fiber. I saw today, where the author of the SSoS said that his continued research further defines details of his plan to 10 non-starchy veggies-50% of which should be green, and 125g to 200g of protein gotten in increments of at least 30g. Interesting.

I was in bed last night for 8 and 1/2 hours, but only got 5 hours and 20 minutes of sleep. I did not get to drink my nighttime tea so I will try harder tonight and see if it helps.

I am also going to try very hard to keep going to bed at the same time, since my experiment of waking up at the same time didn't pan out. I just can't force myself to get out of bed at 5:30 if I don't have to...ie. on Saturday and Sunday mornings. At the very least it is my plan to be in bed at least 8 hours before I have to wake in the morning.

Yesterday was a cheat. 2 small slices of real veggie pizza.

Last night on the way home from picking up DH from work and DS from rifle practice, we witnessed an accident. Not just witnessed, were almost a part of it.

It was raining, streets were wet and it was on the dark side for the time of evening. Nashville drivers get really crazy when the weather is bad, they generally speed up like they want to hurry up and get out of the rain, scarey. Anyway, some guy, no valid license or insurance driving his friends car, tried to beat oncoming traffic by bolting between cars. Unfortunately there was a guy on a bike he didn't see. The guy on the bike hit the car and then flipped over the top of the car. It was horrifying. Naturally we stopped, Called 911, comforted the kid on the bike, and eventually took his bike home. It turns out he lives on our street.

Dh was bringing home some leftover pizza from a local artisan shop, he had gotten for the students in his late class. So when we finally got home I made a giant salad and we finished the pizza.

Not an excuse, mind you, it is just the way it happened.

We were all three so shaken up, I had a hard time sleeping worrying about the bicyclist. The guy in the car, kept saying "he hit me you know", "he wrecked my friend's car". And his phone calls were to friends not 911, worried about himself.

So glad my husband was there, he just seems to know what to do, and can be very commanding, he got someone who was passing by to stand over them with an umbrella, and held the bicyclist's head steady till the paramedics arrived, had my son take note of the license number of the car and get a good description of the car and the driver in case the driver decided to bolt, then had my son flagging the cars to go around trying to prevent another accident, then a nurse and a doctor showed up talking to Andrew (the bicyclist) trying to figure out what was injured. Police showed up before I was finished talking to 911! The firetruck EMTs about a minute later, took over for DH holding Andrew's head steady till the ambulance got there, and started directing traffic. The ambulance arrived and they put him on one of those boards and put him in the ambulance.

Andrew's roommate called last night, no broken bones, but serious deep internal bruising. They wouldn't let him go home until he demonstrated that he could eat and keep it down. That may be a while, I have stayed in that hospital, the food is disgusting!
    Last edited by demuralist; 10-02-2012 at 05:00 AM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Oh my, that is a good excuse to cheat if I ever heard one. The great thing is that you ate the meal and then stopped. I think that falls under the Primal 20%. Good Job.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

thanks. Yeah I sort of decided it was more "what would a normal person do in this kind of situation" as opposed to "I am going to/deserve a cheat". I like that because it is finally starting to feel like this is just the way I eat not a diet, not even a lifestyle, just what I eat. Real food, best quality I can get my hands on, reasonable amounts of protein, veggies and fat...make the best choice every time I have a choice....the end.

Unfortunately this morning was hectic, because of the rain I ended up having to drive DS to school, then DH had to be at work a tad early, so I quickly showered and ran out the door. No breakfast, didn't make/take any green tea with me to work. I just grabbed a pack of raw almonds and my meds and drinking water. Again, the best choice I can make right now, and get on with life.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Just be ready for the "deprivation backlash". You may feel like overeating or eating poorly just to compensate.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

PrimalCon New York
    thanks, yes I have been in exactly this place before, all cocky and sure of myself because I was starting to feel this way, only to end up binging on anything I could get my hands on in quantity. Tonight's dinner is already planned (actually it is what was supposed to be last night's dinner) and that should help, because it all usually starts to go awry just about the time I start to wonder what is for dinner. Anther helpful thing today is that DH will not be home for dinner which means that DS and I can eat earlier.

Thanks again, I appreciate the heads up!