Page 194 of 608 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 6079

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 194

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ugh, hope it gets better soon.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Pumpkin Spice Protein Latte!!!!

1C Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    1C strong brewed coffee-chilled
    1/2C pumpkin puree
    Sugar Free Caramel Syrup (to taste)
    1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1/2 C egg whites
    1T of HWC
    scoop zNatural unflavored whey powder
    1/2 tsp xanthum gum (optional, but makes it really creamy)
    any additional sweeteners to your taste-I was looking for dessert so I added a small bit of stevia and xylitol

Put it in the blender, fantastic!

UC is getting worse, kicking up the meds, hope to turn it around.

Yesterday was a very good day. Weird, because I just got pissed that I have been at least 80% Primal for over a year, and 90%SANE for over a month and I swear I am getting bigger. I have not gotten on the scale or measured, keeping true to my pledge to keep away till November. But I just decided to let go of the rules and eat what I felt like eating.

So I had...

Breakfast: a Strawberry breakfast smoothie, no veggies, YUMMY!
    Snack: I drank a liter and a half of water into which I had brewed 3 green tea bags and added stevia.
    Lunch: Natural Peanut butter, with raspberry sugar free syrup (tastes like PB & J), with some raw pecans, and one square of a club cracker (after I bit into it I decided it wasn't what I wanted so I tossed the rest of it).
    Snack: Pumpkin Spice Latte
    Dinner: while cooking dinner I munched on raw carrots, radishes, and cauliflower dipped into homemade ranch dressing, then had about 8 oz of grass fed beef that I cooked with fresh salsa, and a very small piece of homemade fried bread (2.5" diameter)

Not totally Primal, not totally SANE, but it felt good, I was not obsessed with food all day, I was not hungry, and I was not stuffed.

STATS:
    Calories: 1,722
    Carbs: 89
    Fat: 80
    Protein: 159
    Fiber: 19

I am going to continue on this path and see where it gets me, at least mentally it is much less stressful!

Well last night I went to a class at church, boring! The lecturer read from his dissertation. Got home late, needed to make dinner for DH and myself (DS eats at the Wednesday night supper, I don't). I had made myself a pumpkin latte on the way out so I wasn't starving. But DH had brought home a bag of fresh bagels. Normally this would be no big deal, I actually don't really care much for them. But for some reason they drew me in last night. I had 2! One was a cinnamon one and one was pumpkin. I didn't eat dinner though and that is actually a step forward as in the past I would have binged and still eaten dinner. I made DH gnocci which I definitely don't care for so it was easy to skip it.

And again I say,,,today is a new day.

Yesterday was busy. Thursday night is rifle practice, and as soon as DS and I got home from there DH and I went out to a new restaurant with friends. Yummy, and swanky.

I had a salad, which was almost a cup of greens in a little pile with a few slices of red onion and crushed nuts on top on one side of the plate, and 2 cubes of fresh beets on the other with a 1 oz cube of blue cheese next to them and a swirl of dressing on top and in between it all. Then for dinner had salmon which they had rolled around spinach and baked, and I had on top of spinach (which I had substituted out for the risotto that it came with). Had a bit of red wine and french press decaf after dinner. Dh ordered a dessert, fried bread (basically donut holes) rolled in cinnamon sugar set on top of blueberry compote and lemon curd (a small smear of each) with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. I had a small bite of the donut, it was good but not spectacular, and I knew better than to touch any ice cream on his plate! All in all very good and successful. And it was a treat from the other couple, so no cost to us, even better!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Sounds absolutely wonderful. That's exactly the way I think eating out should be!!!!

I used to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE bagels. The ONLY thing that probably saves me is intense stomach pain. Love to see that you jump right back on the wagon.

The pumpkin protein latte sounds wonderful... I've got to check and see if Sam's Club has the pumpkin in yet. I buy 2 cases to get me through the winter I adore pumpkin!
    -- Ruth

Low Carbs for Just Two Days a Week Spurs Weight Loss

So I got on the scale today. I had challenged myself to wait until November, but I was starting to spin out of control and today starts the do-over. A do-over requires a start weight so I can tell how effective it is. I have gained 6 pounds to 269.2. To be fair to myself, I pigged out yesterday on the dessert I took to the picnic, and my water retention is really high for the past 3 days. But even if it is in reality unchanged from the start of August, that is not good enough. Also, I know that doing the same thing and expecting a different result is a definition of insanity I have participated in way too many times in regards to my weight.

So here is the do-over...

2 Days a week, I plan to eat pretty low carb, below 50g. The other 5 days a week I am going to follow my "SANE" program's "fit model"...

...2 servings of starchy foods a day
    ...4 thirty gram servings of protein a day
    ...7 servings of non-starchy veggies a day
    ...3 servings of berries or citrus (this may or may not be the same as the starchy foods, I will see how I feel
    ...1/4 cup of flaxmeal, or other Omega 3 food ie. walnuts, salmon, fish oil, etc.

In other news, I found out on Friday that starting in January my hours at work will be doubled, to 25 a week. Perfect! Our office is only open 28 hours a week, and they are having me off early on the day I have to take DS to rifle practice. I make a pretty decent hourly wage, I really like the people I work with, the work is interesting, and they are very flexible as far as time off is concerned. It makes DH happy because it brings in more money to pay for college for the kids.

The new work hours sound like a win-win.
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Yep, it is a super sweet deal because it is a 3 day weekend, so I have Monday to do all the appointments and personal stuff I can't do on the weekend. I suspect if all goes well that then next January I will end up at the 28 hours. They like giving me the full set of hours because I didn't ask for any benefits, (ie. insurance, or paid time off) and they don't have to start fresh with a new employee.

Ok, so yesterday I pretty closely followed the "fit model" from the book...

2 Starches
    ...slightly less than 1/2 of a medium sized acorn squash, and 12 mini pretzel twists
    4 Proteins... 1/2C egg whites w/ 1/2C non-fat cottage cheese in a smoothie, 4 oz chicken tenderloins and 3 small fresh mozzarella balls, 1/2C egg whites and 1/2C non-fat Greek yogurt in a smoothie, and 6 oz pork loin roast
    7 non-starchy veggies...1/2 small avocado, cucumber, grape tomatoes, bell pepper, broccoli, pumpkin, zucchini, mushrooms-note that I had 8
    3 servings berries or citrus...frozen strawberries-I only had 1 fruit
    1 serving of Omega 3...1/2 oz raw walnuts and 1 tsp fish oil (I am currently out of golden flax seed meal)
    Added fats...1T olive oil, 1T coconut oil, 1T Kerrygold butter
    extras...coffee, hwc, Almond milk, several 24oz cups of teas of various kinds (last one to promote sleep), my supplements and my meds

I am currently only doing 3 tea bags of green tea in 50oz of water.

Carbs=130g
    Fat=103g
    Protein=140g

So the fat is a tad high, to hit the 30/30/30 mark it should be closer to 70g or 80g with those protein and carb numbers.

So timing wise it worked out like this...

7:30 coffee with cream
    8:30 strawberry smoothie
    12:30 chicken salad and veggie salad
    3:30 pumpkin latte
    6:30 pulled pork with acorn squash, zucchini, mushrooms
    8:30 rest of pumpkin latte and 12 pretzels

mozzarella balls...lol Just wanted you to know that I am reading. The plan sounds good. I liked only drinking half of my "smoothie" this morning. Much easier than choking the whole thing down. Actually, smoothie is inaccurate. Mine are only whey and water.