Page 191 of 623 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 6228

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 191

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    See.. you recovered nicely and had a healthy lunch. Onward and Upward!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    thanks, instead of saying "today is a new day" I may have to switch my saying to something like "this will be my finest hour"

so the boys did finish the cupcakes last night, so temptation is out of the house today. I have made a plan for today in myfitnesspal account.

To reiterate the plan so as to hopefully fully ingrain it onto my brain...

For every time I eat have a lean protein such that it is at least 30g of protein. To get at least 10 non-starchy veggies and no more than 2 fruits. To use healthy fats as necessary but not in excess.

Shoot for at least 150g of protein but no more than 200g, and no more than 100g of carbs, and no more than 100g of fat.

While I believe that calories do count I don't believe that you can manually create a calorie deficit, there are too many factors that go into calories out, and calories in is not that exact a science either. Having said that I will try to minimize the amount of calories in while falling within my goals for the macros.

Todays Plan gives me ...1660 calories, 99g of carb (from 10 veggies, 2 fruits, the cottage cheese), 64g of fat, 195g of protein, and 29g of fiber, pretty nearly perfect!
    Last edited by demuralist; 09-05-2012 at 05:47 AM. Reason: spelling duh

Well I went off the plan but with totally SANE/primal food. I was craving protein for some reason, so dinner was skewed toward that. That still constitutes a good day in my book, I was not craving, nor did I eat, a bunch of junky carby stuff.

I was royally stressed all day because of a dispute with a doctor's office. They were supposed to file a claim through their dept chair as he is a medical doctor, (this is for my oral device for sleep apnea) but they filed it through their own office and that doctor is a dental one. My insurance doesn't cover dental even though this is a medical device but a dentist has to do the fitting. But the woman in the office just kept telling me that all she can do is to arrange a payment plan and all I kept telling her is that I am not paying it because she screwed up. It is totally the principle of the thing (well and they want $700 when they actually owe me $15). I have been trying to get this handled for over a year! I have not had any of my regular visits (ie pap, mamo, colonoscopy, etc) because I don't want to confuse the insurance issue. I could just wring her neck.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

they can refile claims.. it happens all the time. Sleep apnea is a medical issue not a dental issue.. silly power hungry people..
    Karin

yep, I have been fighting this for 1 year as of August 1st! She is an idiot.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Tell her to refile it. Also, call your insurance company and let them know its being refiled as it was done wrong. Keep calling that crazy lady until she does it.
    Karin

I have called her, the insurance company, and the doctor's billing company every single month (13 times to each one no kidding, I have the notes to prove it) I am making an appointment with a patient representative and filing a formal complaint. I am NOT paying her one cent.
    Chris
    Unknown

Good for you!! Keep us posted.
    Karin

So yesterday, again, I craved protein. I had some homemade beef jerky with my afternoon smoothie at about 4pm, but then didn't feel hungry when it was time to make dinner. So I cooked something for the boys. Well as they started to dish it out, I started to get hungry. But I had made them a pasta dish since I wasn't going to eat. No problem, I made a dish of Greek yogurt with blueberries and chia with a few drops of stevia. It was yummy. Funny though because for so long I tried to get my protein up to 175, and now I am trying to keep it below 200g!

STATS:
    Calories 1,856
    Carbs 125
    Fat 59
    Protein 208
    Fiber 37

I think they look pretty good. The carbs are a bit higher than I like but I have trouble keeping them below the 100g mark with all the veggies, although if I dropped the 2 (yesterday 3) fruits I would be well below. And that may be what I have to do to actually lose the weight, then slowly add them back on occasion after I reach my goal. So I think as I run out of the fruit I won't replace it, and will use an added veggie in my smoothies and see how that goes.