Page 190 of 665 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 6648

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 190

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, I know that your travel has you quite busy, and appreciate your response whenever it comes.

Who knew that I would end up basically craving greens?

So yesterday was VERY SANE! yeah me! I got in the 8 tea bags of green tea, as well as 150oz of fluids. I had 12 different non-starchy vegetables and 2 fruits, decent amount of protein each time I consumed something (4 times), only good fats.

I am up late this morning so we will see how that affects my schedule.

I need to mow the lawn today, and start the basement organization again so DS can use the shooting lane and so we can get the giant tv from the upstairs rec room down into the kids area in the basement. DS's uncle gave him his old small flat screen hd tv for the xbox upstairs. So the massive tv we had gotten from Goodwill is being toted downstairs. It is an old picture tube type and it is too heavy even for 2 of them to carry it, so the 3 of us have to try to squeeze into the stairwell with this monster and take it down 2 tall flights of stairs.

Everyone except me needs a new cell phone, each one is having problems with the buttons on them. As it turns out Verizon stopped doing new every 2 last year, so essentially we have to buy new phones. Well, maybe. I am doing research and it looks like we can "upgrade" with either Wirefly, amazonwireless, Walmart, etc with "free" phones and just pay the $30 per phone upgrade fee (what a rip off this whole thing is). We do not use data, so have very limited choices on the phones themselves. So I am at Verizon yesterday trying to figure this out, and the salesman tells me that we can get iPhones for well under $100 which would "save" us $50 to $75 dollars a phone. Well yes nimrod, except that we would have to pay an additional $100 a month on our bill. How stupid do I look?

As it turns out there are still companies that offer the same phones (actually more choices) as free upgrades (well the $30 per phone is a Verizon thing so can't get around that) on our same plan (we obviously have to re-up for another 2 years, but that happens no matter what). So now I am trying to figure out which company is the one to go with. I lean toward mortar and brick, but hate Walmart, so that is what I will be spending my "spare" time on this weekend.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    the verizon store got me free phones (upgraded) but I had to sign another 2 year contract. The other option is to buy a verizon phone from amazon and then there is no contract, you just have them switch the to the new phone you owe. So DD is using an old phone but no contract.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

How long ago? Our Verizon store said it stopped the free ones in April.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I do not remember.. it was probably before that. Its not a fancy phone.. but an upgrade. We do not use data plans. Like I said, you can purchase a verizon phone from someone else (way cheaper) and then have no contract.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Ours are not fancy either, but we do text so we use the ones with the qwerty keypads, but no data for sure (that is what computers are for!) We are definitely going with someone else, but are finding we still have to up for 2 years. Not a problem, we have to use Verizon because of DH flying, he needs coverage in as many places as possible, so until other companies can match that we are Verizon.

8:00 coffee with HWC
    9:00 breakfast smoothie=5 green tea bags brewed in 8oz of water, 1/2C egg whites, 1/2C cottage cheese, 1 navel orange, 1C spinach, 2T golden flaxseed, scoop of Ultra Whey, mix of sweeteners
    10:00 mowed the lawn drank the 3 bag 1.5L of green tea
    12:00 lunch = 1C shredded cabbage, 1/2 small haas, 1C cucumber, 2 salmon patties, 2T MCT, 1T balsamic, dill
    6:30 dinner = BAS (mixed greens, tomatoes, red pepper, homemade strawberry vinaigrette) and crab cakes (crab, homemade mayo, golden flax, Old Bay, egg) with a tablespoon of homemade Hollandaise.

I was distracted all afternoon organizing the basement and not hungry so did not do the afternoon smoothie. This still gave me 8 veggies and 1 fruit for the day. No cravings or overeating, a food controlled day.

Another SANE day!

Yesterday....

8:00 coffee with HWC

9:00 breakfast smoothie=5 green tea bags brewed in 8oz of water, 1/2C
    egg whites, 1/2C cottage cheese, 1 navel orange, 1C spinach, 2T golden
    flaxseed, scoop of Ultra Whey, mix of sweeteners

11:00 3 bags of double green tea with 1.5L of water grocery store

12:00 to 2:00 shopping for cell phones (so frustrating)

2:30 lunch = 1C Healthy 8 chopped salad, 1/2 small haas, 1C cucumber, 2 salmon patties, 2T MCT, 1T balsamic, dill, 24oz iced tea

4:00 smoothie = broccoli, green beans, strawberries, whey, almond milk, sweeteners, egg white, greek yogurt, 8oz tea

7:30 steak, sweet potato (gotta check and see if this is SANE), mushrooms, 24oz iced tea

And the cheat....I had to make cupcakes last night as a thank you to my husband's class (he is a prof) for their donation to my father-in-law's charity. I didn't eat any of the cake-batter or once baked-but the icing is a different story. I had a pretty significant amount of it, probably close to 1/2C, dollop here dollop there for taste testing got a bit out of hand. But man it was one of my best batches ever!

I am not going to call this a binge, per se, I think it was more about opportunity. I didn't go looking for it, and I didn't actually eat as much as I would have I think, icing is definitely my downfall.

I then felt like crap all night, tummy and joints. I don't know if the joints are related to the sugar but I sure hope so.

So yesterday....

I had frozen the icing (don't ask me why...ok fine I will admit it....so I could go in and eat it). So instead of making my 4pm smoothie I went and dug it out of the freezer and started in on it, nagging myself the whole time about why I do this to myself, blah blah. But at the 4th spoonful I decided I don't have to do this to myself, and I threw the rest of it away!

Today I am working to flush the crud from the system.

5:30 my coffee with HWC
    7:00 my smoothie=5 green tea bags brewed in 8oz of water, 1/2C egg whites, 1/2C cottage cheese, 1 navel orange, 1C spinach, 3/4c butternut squash, scoop of Ultra Whey, mix of sweeteners, vanilla, orange zest, xanthum gum
    9 to noon 1.5L of water with 3 tea bags of Double Green Matcha and a touch of stevia, iced.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    dammmmit got into the cupcakes. The leftovers were sitting on the counter. I had 2 (they are small-I made 42 cupcakes out of a batter meant to make 24). Not horrible, but rats. Hopefully the boys will finish them tonight. I am making some beef jerky so hoping that would keep me out of them if they don't eat them all.

I have now had the rest of my breakfast smoothie and my lunch...grass fed beef with onions and tomatoes and mushrooms, over a cup of healthy 8 chopped salad and 1/2 a haas, some vinegar and olive oil. Stuffed, sleepy and sad.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.