Page 189 of 609 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 6084

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 189

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That is so great.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Well as funerals go this was a lovely event. My brother-in-law and his wife had found a small intricate jewelry box that belonged to my mother-in-law, it contained her high school ring, her engagement ring, and a few more sentimental pieces of jewelry. They gifted them to my daughter (she is the only granddaughter, and was very close to her grandmother before her death). My daughter was completely overwhelmed, it was very emotional. They also found a small ornate cash box sort of thing in which my father-in-law had kept some important papers of family members (the passports from when his and his wife's parents had moved to the US, etc) and they gifted this to my son, who is a huge history buff and was also overwhelmed.

There was a military honors burial. So they draped the coffin in an American flag, the hearse had the Army seal on the doors, the car procession all had flags on each on, there was a guy along the way who actually saluted the hearse. They gave a 15 gun salute (apparently 21 is saved for generals and people of very high rank) then played taps, there were guys in uniform "guarding the casket" then after taps played they folded the flag (this is an impressive ceremony where they don't look at the flag as they fold it). Then one of them walks over to my husband (the oldest brother) and says a very nice bit about how the POTUS, and the American people give us this flag in honor and remembrance of the service given by our loved one. Then my husband handed the flag to his brother (this was unplanned and took them both off guard), then his brother handed the flag to my son (holy crap talk about losing it!). Then the gentleman in charge of the gun corps handed my son the casings (spent shells? I dunno what you actually call them) from the gun salute. So very touching and beautiful. It was a perfect day, the sun came out of the clouds just as taps was finished.

Then we drove.....7 hours last night, 4 this morning. I am spent. I just finished a 3 hour nap!

Food wise, well I just made the best choice available at every time I had a choice. I think it went well, though obviously not primal or all SANE, I didn't do any desserts or sweets. So it is all good.

KimT is offline Senior Member
    So sorry for the loss. It sounds like a wonderful ceremony that will be remembered by everyone. Such great gifts of heritage for your children.

Glad you made it home safe and were able to get some rest.

Thanks so much.

So today I am back on the SANE path. Drinking my smoothie as I type. I still feel a bit whacked out, but hope that the veggies I am putting into my body again will help turn that around.

I plan to also start the exercise regimen today, unless DS has a rifle match. He is going to be doing the exercises with me and he can't work to exhaustion before a rifle match. If that happens it will start tomorrow.

Anyway. Thankfulness: I am thankful for the ceremonies and rituals we have in place in our society to help us remember the events of our lives.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    What an awesome ceremony and remembrance. Funerals are hard but yes, the ceremonies and rituals are great ways to remember loved ones. So glad you are back. You were missed.

Glad to see you did not get derailed while you were away
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I am thinking that knowing that I am not getting on the scale till November actually lowered my stress about food. Plus really I just focused on getting as many veggies as I could and as lean a protein choice as I could. Not perfect, but not bad, pretty easy to manage and very low stress.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    It sounds like your FIL was honored in a very special way. I'm glad your children were gifted with remembrances.

I'm impressed that you actually gave up the scale for a while.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I don't know why I was able to give up the scale this time when I have tried so many times to give it up and been unsuccessful. It is actually easy this time. This program I am working on does not feel like I am "dieting" it is more about healing for me right now. Also, chatted with my mom who has finally lost her weight and basically she eats 9 veggies a day, one starch, and a lean protein with each meal. It took her a bit over 4 years to lose. About 25 pounds a year. That is what I need to do, and since that is only about a half a pound a week, it doesn't really show up on a daily weigh in given regular fluctuations. It is also keeping me from "tweaking" the plan, which I think is essential now. I have zero doubts about this plan eventually working, I just need to have some patience, and that is easier without a scale.

So yesterday I changed up the food routine. I have been (on good days) doing a breakfast smoothie, then a giant iced green tea mid morning, then lunch, then a mid afternoon smoothie, then dinner. But yesterday instead of the afternoon smoothie I went with greek yogurt, blueberries, and whey with a touch of stevia. No thought process involved just felt like it. Then my boys went to the football game at the last minute (they were waiting to see if the rain would pass), so I was alone for dinner. I made them some meat sauce for their pasta. I don't eat pasta (duh), and I didn't feel like making dinner, so I made a smoothie. It was very yummy (strawberry, broccoli, butternut squash with almond milk, whey, vanilla bean powder, egg whites, and sweetener).

All that means is I didn't get in my 10 veggies. No big deal right? Except I was very full but still hungry. Weird. I ignored it and piddled around the house. But eventually, several hours later, the boys got home and I finished making their dinner, and was in the kitchen. I got into the nuts. Way too many nuts.

Lesson learned, for me it really isn't totally about being full it is also about being nourished.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Lesson learned, for me it really isn't totally about being full it is also about being nourished.
    I'm finding the exact same thing...so much travel, that's it's been hard to stay really well nourished...and I can really tell the difference. My body REALLY likes veggies (of all types).

PS - was glad to hear that DH was able to be with his dad and how lovely things turned out. Sorry I didn't respond with a more thoughtful and timely post - I was thinking of your family!
    -- Ruth