Page 188 of 626 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 6253

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 188

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My father-in-law passed away this morning. Both of his sons were with him. My husband was putting cold compresses on his head, smoothing his hair, his brother had his dad's hand. And he just quietly stopped breathing. Peacefully and with those he loved most. He finally got the dignity that he had begged for years ago.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I'm sorry for your loss. I am glad your husband got there to be with him.

Thank you, I know that it was important for him because he felt like he had failed him in his request for "no heroic measures" and because he got to spend so little time with him the last few years.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

went to see Jason Mraz last night, great music but they could have been more creative with the staging/show part. Got home at 11:15, jeez 5:30 comes quickly. Thinking a nap may be in order today.

I am on a 4 day streak with my good food habits, today will be 5. Getting in my 10 veggies, 2 fruits, close to 200g of protein, just under 100g of carb, fat has been holding steady at about 90g (I am not limiting it, it is just working out this way).

I really like the new whey powder, it allows the flavorings that I add to shine through, so it really does seem to be without flavor.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    My condolences to your family. It is good that he could be there.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    So sorry to hear about your father in law. I am so glad your husband got to be with him though.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Thanks, even though it was not a surprise, and it ended suffering, it is still very sad.

So I have been 5 days now of clean "SANE" eating. No binges, no cravings, and feeling pretty flippin good.

DS and I leave for Pa early tomorrow morning, will pick up DD along the way. 11 hour drive for my son and I, "only" 8 for DD. This will obviously complicate the eating plan, but my husband's people do not do funerals the same way my family does. Except for the viewing and the actual funeral my family uses it as a gathering (we have not had an untimely death in our family for the most part everyone lived out long lives), lots of food and booze. His family does a very small dinner after the internment. So if there are 2 viewings and a funeral 3 have 3 mini-parties. My family's are much more emotionally draining, quite a rollercoaster ride. His tend to be shorter somber affairs.

Sorry, that started to feel a bit rambly.

Anyway, after work today I have to go to his office to pick up stuff so he can give a class the morning after we get back into town. Then errands (pick up books from bookstore so DS can do his project, bank, AAA, etc), laundry, packing, and the lawn actually needs mowed (may have to pay DS to do that).

I am not going to pack food. I will just eat all the protein and non-starch veggies I can get my hands on and none of the junk I may come across.

OMG, great news. DH's brother saved a box from their parents home. This particular box, well crate really, was the one that their grandfather used to ship his belongings to the US from Germany. My son is named after that grandfather. When we went to help clear out that house when DH's mother passed away, my son desperately wanted that crate, but with everything else we had we just could not fit it into the van. My son has held a grudge about that ever since. The crate has the grandfather's name and both the ship to and the return address stenciled on it. I don't know how DH's brother came to keep the box or how DH found it and convinced his brother to let my son have it, but my son is going to be elated.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    very cool about the box. It will be a nice story for him to share with his family when he has one.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.