Page 187 of 665 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 6645

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 187

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    mmmm, there is a thought. The last 3 principals have been trying to get us off campus, actually the whole time my son has been on the team (5 years) and before, and every year it is something new. I guess from the perspective of parents who do not have kids on the team the idea of a rifle team practicing in the basement could be scarey. But that is letting ignorance take over. Rifle is the only high school sport in the state that has never had a reported injury. But actually the objection isn't about possible injury to team members, it is that the "weapons" could be used against students in the building. Which is also ridiculous, because the rifles are single shot, most have to be cocked for 3 seconds between shots, and they are shooting pellets not bullets. They would really only be effective weapons if used as clubs. And even that wouldn't work as they are actually pretty delicate and would break apart if used this way. Just about everything in a classroom would be a more effective weapon.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Praying for you and your husband to get through this difficult time. Wow, one thing is bad enough, but this double whammy!

Thank you. I am hoping that this time away from work while he sits with his dad will help him to put things into perspective and hopefully come up with a solution.

Well even with all the stress, my food choices have been excellent. I am still doing at least 10 veggies a day, getting my protein grams very close to the 200g goal, fiber over 30g. No starches or sugar since Saturday's planned dessert. I continue to be amazed at how well doing this is keeping me from the afternoon scavenger hunt through the pantry. Of course that is when I am making and drinking my snack smoothie. So I am nourishing myself, but with healthier choices.

I have still not gotten on the scale or measured, and will hold myself to that until my birthday (November 11) which will be 3 solid months on this program and hopefully enough time to show results. Although I am not super concerned with that right now, my focus is on healing the damage I have done to my metabolism over the past 40+ years of yo-yo dieting. Not that the yo-yo part is really my fault, I did what I thought was best given the information I was receiving to get myself thin and healthy. Just had faulty info, praying that this new info is not more of the same.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    So even if you are not weighing.. do the clothes feel different? Are there any other indicators you have noticed?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Some days more than others.

My rings are spinning most days, and my skirts and hang out around the house t-shirts are getting longer.

I honestly am hoping to hold the same and just let the body heal, would be thrilled with a loss, but thinking I gotta heal the metabolism if I want to get to a point where I can live and eat like what I consider normal. Eat when I am hungry, eat what my body cries out for, stop when I am done, and have a little something extra say once a month or so. And then just freakin live my life!

oh, did I mention that when I took DD to college that I pretty much kept up with her, loaded down like a sherpa guide walking up 4 flights of steps, 6 times. Not till the last 5 steps did I start to falter. Then we went to the grocery store and had to do one more set of the 4 stairs (we were too impatient to wait for the elevators) I did not expect to be able to do that well given I have not really been exercising beyond my normal movement. I firmly believe it is because my body is being well nourished. I also believe that eating this way is totally sustainable for life, and I actually look forward to it, and have started to work through maintenance in my mind.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

I honestly am hoping to hold the same and just let the body heal, would be thrilled with a loss, but thinking I gotta heal the metabolism if I want to get to a point where I can live and eat like what I consider normal. Eat when I am hungry, eat what my body cries out for, stop when I am done, and have a little something extra say once a month or so. And then just freakin live my life!
    This I like.. I just want to be healthier. I figure if i do the right thing, the weight will come but I do not want to obsess about food. Healing the body is a smart strategy. Its easy to pull out the scale and get discouraged. I can relate though as the metabolism is jacked. You are right, we were doing what was suggested and who knew.. huh?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

For me this all falls into my belief that my binges and cravings were due to nutritional deficiencies and that the attitude/emotion came after not before the eating. Eating this much nutritious food is feeling way better than even when I first started Primal, because I came at Primal from a VLC attitude and I just cleaned up Atkins essentially. Now I am coming at Primal from a health and nutrition stand point. More in line with Mark's BAS. I am still pretty low carb compared to most of the country and what I was before I stopped grains and sugar, and actually mostly still within Mark's weight loss guidelines, just no where near VLC anymore. I hover between 80g and 100g carb all from veggies and 2 fruits. I also now get around 30g of fiber, so the issues with BM's that are common on VLC are not gonna happen. I don't add fat for the most part but I don't run away from it either. All in all feeling pretty good.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey p.s. I just got a new whey protein powder. It is just whey, unflavored, unsweetened no smell I will report later on the flavor. It is also cheaper ($0.75 a scoop=28g protein) than the Jay Robb I have been getting (about $2 a scoop=25g protein), by a lot! Even the Designer Whey that I sometimes go with is slightly pricier per serving ($1 a scoop=18g protein). FYI

https://www.znaturalfoods.com/Ultra-...-Isolate-5-lbs