Page 186 of 629 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 6281

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 186

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow. Sounds like rough times at your house. Sorry to hear that!
    -- Ruth

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Dh just told me that he is going to have to go "back home" either $1,000 plane trip or a 2 day (one way) car trip or he takes his plane as far as he can go (just had an engine overhaul and cannot go above a certain altitude, thus no mountains) and rent a car. Then casually mentioned he is working on a letter of resignation (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek). trying to remain calm, and slowly warn the kids about events without freaking them out so they will be prepared for possible eventualities.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Oh Chris.. Praying for your family right now. So sorry to hear about your father in law. That alone is heartbreaking. I hope the hubs job works out. Perhaps he just needs to write it and think about all it entails as a way to sort through the changes at work.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

My father-in-law's situation has been heartbreaking for a few years now. It is a huge stresser for DH, it is not the way any of us want to spend our last years and it is difficult to see such a vibrant, intelligent human being turn into essentially a vegetable. He cannot see, he cannot hear, he doesn't know who his children are. He just sits day after day. So very very very sad.

I pray that my husband holds the letter until he gets back. Which is very likely. He is not likely to do anything so rash without he and I having a long discussion. He does not do things rashly (that is my role in our relationship).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I'm so sorry about the tough time you and your husband are going through now.

thank you all for your kind words and support, means a lot.

Well the good news, we skyped with DD last night and she was so very happy and bubbly. She loves her new apartment, she is volunteering as a Welcome Leader, she is looking forward to her classes, and she got free food. She walked us around her apartment so we could see what she had done to decorate it.

Other good news, Dh finally convinced his brother to call Hospice (those people are angels without wings I tell ya), and they are now helping to manage his father's care, putting comfort and dignity above all else. So that reduces that stress.

Other good news, Last night I had a stretch of sleep that was 3 minutes short of 2 hours!!!! And 2 that were a couple of minutes short of an hour each. Weird thing is that my longest stretch is usually the first one, this one was the morning one. Interesting.

Other good news, yesterday I stayed totally on program, got my 10 veggies and 2 fruits, got my protein...

My Stats...
    Calories...1768
    Carbs...99
    Fat...67
    Protein....180
    Fiber...28

Fat and fiber were a bit low because I did not have my usual avocado, but I go shopping today so that will take care of that.

Bad news, the sh!t at work for DH is not getting better, it is getting worse. He did talk to our old friend yesterday, this guy is very helpful in situations like this, so it reduced DH's stress level even if it didn't improve the work issue.

More bad news, DS's rifle team is being kicked off campus. The school district decided that nothing this is or looks like a weapon is allowed on any school property. They have a match at the end of the month, not sure how they are going to practice. Well, DS can practice because we have a firing lane set up in our basement, but as for the team I dunno what is going to happen.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Did you say the hubs is a professor?

Totally sucks about the rifle team. How is it that it has been fine until now? If it is an organized sport why is it wrong? I mean I understand the whole no weapon policy but this is a little different. Can the school lease a range for practice? Or maybe a range will volunteer their space for a advertisement at a tournament? What about an open outdoor range?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

yep, DH is a prof, but also assistant Dean and admin of a couple of master's programs (thus the political/stressful side of his job)

We are looking at an open range. Meeting is on Thursday. The team we tend to compete against is a private school and just built a new range, we may be able to use their old one. We have a firing lane in our basement, but that isn't team like. I don't get it, it is a genderless, Olympic sport, that fits in very well with the school's student body (it is an academic magnet, and rifle is particularly good for less athletic students). They have had a rifle team since the school became a high school, and it is the oldest one in the city!

I am on my way to take DH to the airport, his dad has taken a turn for the worse.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Our Fencing Club is not allowed to practice during the 2:15 - 3:00 activity period for just this reason. We have to practice at night.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67