Page 185 of 549 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 5485

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 185

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That's one heck of a list. Keep your head in the good food game. I know that I can easily talk myself into eating badly if I feel unfairly put upon.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    well, oddly, currently, I am not at all interested in food, and I have a dull ache in my head (uncommon for me) and a slight sense of anxiety. Thanks for the pep talk!

So yesterday was an ok food day, I did not end up getting all of my veggies in, but I also did not stray from my program with the food I did eat.

Today I take the kid back to college. Sad, we had a nice summer, it was fun to have her home even if she did cause me some stress along the way.

Have a good trip!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I am reaching a maximum stress load.

Dh's car is in the shop so I am taking him to work, no biggie cause he works across the street from me, only issue is he has to go in 1 1/2 hours earlier.

DD took the car last night and decided it was safer to just spend the night. No problem except she didn't tell/text me. So there was no car in the garage when it was time to take DH to work. DD answered her phone when I called, with a mumbly groan and promptly turned it off. So I called where she was supposed to be, but she was not there. When she finally decided to start for home-she texted with "I'M COMING!" it took her 45 minutes to get there.

I take her back to school tomorrow. Her apartment is on the 4th floor we will be carrying the stuff up stairs- don't want to wait for the elevators. We have a few things left we need to pick up before we go. DH has to find a ride home from work.

I have to entertain "spouses" of DH's advisory board on Friday morning.

We have company for dinner on Friday night.

We are going taking another couple to our outdoor concert series on Saturday night (requires I pack a picnic dinner)

I have to make a large salad for the IB teacher's appreciation dinner on Monday night.

DD has an art project due on Tuesday. He is doing splatter painting off the new/newly refinished (by me) wooden deck. So I have to help with drop cloths, and likely we need to get more paint. DH complains about these projects every time we do them (stress stress) so we try to get it done before he gets home.

Hopefully we pick up his car on Monday.

The boss just gave me a mild reprimand for handling a call from someone incorrectly. I handled it the way I had been told to, but apparently this guy is a muckity muck and I was supposed to recognize his name (he is one among about 100 that change every 2 years), and be more, I dunno, reverent.

eeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Oh girl.. that made me tired reading it.

Have a safe trip taking DD back to school.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

My daughter and I had an absolutely fabulous day! We casually packed the car because we couldn't leave until 10 since the hall wouldn't be open. Then we stopped at an outlet mall on the way. We always wanted to do this, but it is a no-go if DH is in the car. Even if we could get him to stop, we couldn't buy anything unless it was on our 'list'. So we did a little shopping. Then since I had had some significant amount of caffeine (I have begun brewing 6 bags of green tea in 8oz of water and using it as the liquid in my morning smoothie-that in addition of my 16oz coffee mug), and she was excited to get into her new "apartment" we chatted non-stop the whole way. Stopped to eat at Wendy's-nice salads! Berry/Almond/Chicken yum!

Then the work began. We were too impatient to wait for the elevator, so we packed ourselves down like mules and climbed the stairs to her 4th floor apartment (better than last year's 8th floor!). We did this 6(!!!!!!) times. I was keeping up with her until the last climb. The bag I had flipped over my shoulder fell to the elbow and then bonked my knee at every step, so it slowed me down. Then we went to the grocery store (her new place has a kitchen), they just opened a Trader Joes and she was sooo excited, and then drug all the groceries up those 4 flights of stairs.

I think I finally got her to figure out why she has to use campus housing and not off site apartments (has to do with the way the scholarships are paid out-and what the heck she has a great apartment with campus security walking distance to classes and downtown, as well as tons of friends living in the building), so hopefully we don't have to have that discussion ad nauseum again next summer.

Yesterday was very fun for me, but then when I got home found out it was one of my husband's worst ever days at work. Like changing the direction of his career plans kind of bad. Then got a phone call from his brother that his dad had another heart attack and is in the hospital. Then we had company for dessert last night so he couldn't even just have a couple of straight gins and knock himself out.

He tends to see the worst in situations, but it is how he also tends to always be prepared for things. So I don't usually think much of it when he says how horrible something was. But in this case he was walking around talking to himself all morning (this is one of the ways I know he is over the top stressed), and couldn't stomach his breakfast. I am worried.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    What a fabulous day it sounds like you had. How awesome

Poor DH. I will pray for him.
    -- Ruth

thanks, i fear he needs it

it was difficult because I wanted to come home and share and then couldn't and DD would have been my fall back but of course she was there. He was actually stressed enough that he told me the details, he NEVER talks about work, because for him, home is his refuge. He sort of compartmentalizes them.

Oh No. Nothing worse than a stressed DH. Praying for you both.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I hope things work out. Change stinks sometimes but maybe its will be a change for the better? Hope your father in law has a fast recovery.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.