Page 184 of 546 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 5460

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 184

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You know when I first started doing the SPEED program my calories were between 1700 and 1900 and I lost at first and then stalled, so I kind of assumed using conventional wisdom that I needed to drop them a bit. Fought hard to keep them between 1400 and 1700 and was still stalled, but then also lethargic. I am very anxious to see how this step up will affect things. I certainly feel better. I think it will take time and patience to do some metabolic healing to repair 40 years of yo-yo SAD dieting, but at least I feel good doing it.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yup eating enough is a big key for me too. Glad you are excited about tweaking your program.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Thanks, this is about the least effortful program I have ever been on. Mostly because I really like veggies though. So it seems like a natural fit, no starving, ability to eat quantity if I feel the need, no starving, etc.

Ok, things are going well, I recovered from the carb fest with no lingering cravings.

Sleep seems to be getting better, Saturday night I slept just over 6 hours, last night it was just 5:04, but there were 3 stretches over an hour, and I woke up at 5 am pretty alert, and since I have to get up at 5:30 I just got out of bed.

Got a little hungry after dinner last night. Probably more about the fact that DH and DS were snacking than that I was really hungry, but I had 2T of peanut butter with half a scoop of whey and about 10 pieces of pistachio. That was unplanned but yummy.

My STATS:
    Calories.....1974
    Carbs.....90
    Fat.....96
    Protein....196
    Fiber.....34

Those to me look just about spot on. I have the same number of grams of fat and carb, which are about half of protein, and I got over 30g of fiber!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I just subscribed to the site that you posted in Karin's journal. I haven't started reading yet.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

cool. under the heading "reader extras" there are a couple of pamphlets that give a great overview of the program. In the book he has a lot of praise for the Primal/Paleo lifestyle, and goes into a whole lot more science, but the web site has great info.

So that is 2 days in a row where I wanted a 'snack' at the end of the night. Thinking I am creating a pattern, so I will not do it tonight.

Yesterday I had a smoothie at 3 then didn't eat dinner until 8:30. Rifle practice then meetings. Do not like to eat that late, and I think that I was hungry enough that I ate so fast that then I wanted more food, thus the 'snack'. It was all food within my program, just a little more than I probably really needed.

This looks like it is turning into a crazy week...lots of activities going on, so planning is going to be essential. I am still feeling very good about how things are going with my eating, so that keeps me motivated.

Thankfulness: surprise visits from old friends. Friends we have not seen since we moved are bringing their daughter to college in Nashville (they grow up so fast) and will stop in for a visit while here, yeah!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Thanks again for the thoughts on smoothies. They have been a great way to sneak in another serving of veggies. How you been trying to eat mindfully a la Paul (I can make you thin)? I have to work hard at it when I'm really hungry so that I don't overeat.
    -- Ruth

I am trying to eat mindfully. It was always the rule I was the least successful with, which of course ends up throwing off everything else! I do eat less at each sitting, but more often. Well, being truthful to myself I am probably not eating as often as I was before I started with this program of eating the 10 veggies. It is just that before I would pop something into my mouth every time I walked past the pantry and now I never do that. So now I essentially eat 4 times a day, planned and controlled, I move things around if it turns out I am not hungry. But I discovered that I get ravenous fast, so I am guessing I am still healing, and probably have a long way to go. But step by step it will happen!

I love the smoothies, always have loved them. I have started using flavored teas as the liquid, Chocolate Mate for the chocolate one and double green matcha for the vanilla. And yesterday I started to add a tsp of matcha (I had some in the cupboard) because it is supposed to help with fat loss. Can't hurt right?

I am reaching a maximum stress load.

Dh's car is in the shop so I am taking him to work, no biggie cause he works across the street from me, only issue is he has to go in 1 1/2 hours earlier.

DD took the car last night and decided it was safer to just spend the night. No problem except she didn't tell/text me. So there was no car in the garage when it was time to take DH to work. DD answered her phone when I called, with a mumbly groan and promptly turned it off. So I called where she was supposed to be, but she was not there. When she finally decided to start for home-she texted with "I'M COMING!" it took her 45 minutes to get there.

I take her back to school tomorrow. Her apartment is on the 4th floor we will be carrying the stuff up stairs- don't want to wait for the elevators. We have a few things left we need to pick up before we go. DH has to find a ride home from work.

I have to entertain "spouses" of DH's advisory board on Friday morning.

We have company for dinner on Friday night.

We are going taking another couple to our outdoor concert series on Saturday night (requires I pack a picnic dinner)

I have to make a large salad for the IB teacher's appreciation dinner on Monday night.

DD has an art project due on Tuesday. He is doing splatter painting off the new/newly refinished (by me) wooden deck. So I have to help with drop cloths, and likely we need to get more paint. DH complains about these projects every time we do them (stress stress) so we try to get it done before he gets home.

Hopefully we pick up his car on Monday.

The boss just gave me a mild reprimand for handling a call from someone incorrectly. I handled it the way I had been told to, but apparently this guy is a muckity muck and I was supposed to recognize his name (he is one among about 100 that change every 2 years), and be more, I dunno, reverent.

eeeeeeeeeeeeee.