Page 183 of 642 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 6412

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 183

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yet another key. Well now you know that although you are not hungry "now", there will be a time when you are so you need a salad ready to go.

I think this is a common problem when losing weight. We throw our bodies into disqualibrium (which is good) but forget we will eventually get the hunger signals and need to be prepared for them so we make good choices.

As for the smoothies, I know they will be quick for on the go or at the very least pairing a fruit and veggie mix with some protein (eggs, burger) so I get my nutrients. Frozen may be the key for me I think. I hate when I do not use everything up in time in the fridge thinking.... thinking...
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I love keeping frozen, because even if I find something at the farmers market, the frozen can wait. I have started using egg whites from a carton in my smoothies too, it makes them sort of fluffy. Nice, plus lots of protein for little fat/calories so a nice add in. You can also toss in some unsweetened cocoa for added flavor and anti-oxidants.

Yep, lesson learned on the idea of "I'm not hungry right now" it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and make the salad (it is not like I spend a lot of time on it-most of the stuff is pre-chopped) and just dress it if I decide to eat it. It has been so hot that I have really just been eating a BAS with a protein thrown on top. Which I love, don't think I will ever get tired of that!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

I am going to check out the egg whites and frozen components as well. I need a plan and a list of staples for when I go shopping so I can get my poop in a group. One thing I have learned, if I am not organized with a plan, it does not happen. This applies to anything with me.
    Karin

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    My favorite smoothie is done with coconut milk and peaches or blueberries. No dairy. I actually take it on hikes with me for the energy boost of the fat, plus it won't spoil unrefrigerated on the hike the way dairy would.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

That sounds yummy!

Karin, Jonathan actually has a lot of free info on his website/forums. He has several free ebooks that give enough explanation to incorporate that plan into a Primal/Paleo lifestyle. (in his book he totally supports the tenets of Primal/Paleo).

You mean the smarter science of being slim?? I am checking that out now.

Honeybuns.. yet another reason to go dairy free Sounds yummy.. making a note
    Karin

yep, Smarter Science of Slim. Honestly I feel like this links the best of Primal and SPEED. And the notion that you have to eat too much of the good stuff to be able to fit in the not so good really resonates with me, because I can put away some quantity! It is not only about not being hungry, it is about basically being really full.

Lovin it so far. Of course, my credentials are tarnished since I was convinced that SPEED was the answer too, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

So yesterday was a cheat. It wasn't planned, but technically this program "allows" one a week and I have not had a cheat since I started on the first. It was a carbfest and I did not feel well afterwards. I will be planning my cheats from here on out and they will be better balanced for the macros.

Life goes on!

I slept 6:01 last night!!!!! Out of 8:43 in bed. Not bad. I had a couple of 1 hour strectches and one that was 1:20, but I feel pretty well rested. Bet it was cause of the outside work I did yesterday.

I am Thankful for 3 day weekends. Which with where I work will always be the case as we are only open 4 days a week!!!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    You know, I always wondered if you were keeping your calories too low and your body was hanging on hard to everything. It will be interesting to see how it goes with the calorie count higher.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

You know when I first started doing the SPEED program my calories were between 1700 and 1900 and I lost at first and then stalled, so I kind of assumed using conventional wisdom that I needed to drop them a bit. Fought hard to keep them between 1400 and 1700 and was still stalled, but then also lethargic. I am very anxious to see how this step up will affect things. I certainly feel better. I think it will take time and patience to do some metabolic healing to repair 40 years of yo-yo SAD dieting, but at least I feel good doing it.