Page 182 of 665 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 6650

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 182

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    thanks. this is one time I am glad DS is a procrastinator, all of the recycled stuff he needs to take out is piled up in front of my scale, no way I am going to bother to move it!

I am staying on plan very well, getting in the 10 veggies, and 2 fruits, getting my protein. But it doesn't feel like a "diet" I know I know I am not on a diet. But lets be honest, if you are trying to lose fat you are in some way restricting something that you are eating and well call it what you want but it is a diet. This isn't even a lifestyle change really. I feel like it is a life saving prescription. It also feels like a lot of food, and I am never really hungry, with zippo thoughts of sweets.

If I could just get my sleep working life could be a dream!

STATS:
    calories.....1906
    carbs......90
    fat......88
    protein.....191
    fiber.....23

My protein is over my threshold, the grams of carb and fat are about equal and about half of protein grams, nice fiber number. I moved more than usual yesterday, and I got a nap. What more could I ask for.

Thankfulness: for my job and the people I work with. DH is subtly nagging me about making more money, and I talked to our VP yesterday, and she is going to see if she can train me to pick up some slack in the researching area, so that she can increase my hours.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    life saving prescription- I like it.

I agree its a diet when you have any restrictions. I mean really, even when you are allergic to nuts you have to restrict all items with that.. its a nut free diet. Lifestyle change.. all it is, is rhetoric.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I know that I cannot live my life to the end of my life the way I want if I don't get this taken care of. So not just for my size, or my health, or even just my mentality, but for the time spent figuring it out and tweaking and trying egad I could have built the Taj Mahal by hand, alone! A very definite life saving prescription on so many levels.

Well, I consider yesterday a near perfect food day. There were no issues of starving, craving, scavenging, or binging. And no thoughts of them either. And here is the kicker, I made the family individual pizzas, they had ice cream afterward, and DD got a craving for what in our family are known as poo-poo cookies (they are a version of no-bakes) and I did not taste or even feel tempted to taste any of it! And even though I only actually slept less than 4 hours, (I did take a quick nap), I felt pretty good all day. I am really liking the way this new eating plan is working out.

So here is what I ate and when (note that I ate when I was hungry, and just until I was not hungry any more- that tends to make me need food more often)

5:30am- 16oz coffee 1T heavy whipping cream
    7am smoothie=1C of green tea, 1C unsweetened Almond Milk, 1/2C non-fat cottage cheese, Jay Robb chocolate whey, 1C frozen broccoli, 3/4 frozen raspberries, 1T unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 egg whites, stevia, xylitol, erythritol
    10 am= liter of water with apple cider vinegar and xylitol
    12:30=2 Trader Joes frozen salmon patties, 3/4C Trader Joes healthy 8 chopped salad, 1C shredded cabbage, 1C broccoli slaw (plain), 1/2 small haas avocado, all sprinkled with vinegar, salt, and dill. Cup of Double dark chocolate mate, iced
    3:00= smoothie=1C Red Hope Vanilla Rooibus, 1C Almond Milk, 1/2C non-fat Greek Yogurt, 1C frozen chopped spinach, 1C frozen wild blueberries, 1T golden flax meal, 1/2C egg whites, stevia, xylitol
    4:30 liter of water
    6:30- a Big Ass Salad (BAS)= mixed greens, mushrooms, peppers, 1T olive oil, vinegar, topped with 6oz grass fed beef that was sauteed with homemade salsa (tomatoes, onions, peppers)
    8:30 cup of Red Velvet tea

STATS:
    Calories...1750
    Carbs...90
    Fat.....71
    Protein....188
    Fiber.....35

Thankfullness: I am so very thankful that I seem to have discovered the combination to my good health, now if I would just start losing some serious body fat!

2 smoothies a day almost looks like a primal slim fast. Eating every 2 hours? What if you satisfied the hunger with higher protein. Do you think it would last longer? The downside would be that it would be tough to get in all the fruits and veggies.
    Karin

I think the plus side is that now I am actually eating when I am hungry, used to be I would have to force myself out of the pantry! the second smoothie helps because of eating later than I like to eat dinner. Of course if I eat dinner earlier, then I am looking for sweets later.

I am actually eating as much as I can at one sitting. I am thinking that as my body metabolism/hormones heal and I weigh less then I will need less food. Not sure how I will still get in the 10 veggies, but the smoothies I will eventually drop the whey and just use the cottage cheese and yogurt. I love the drinking the smoothies though, they feel like milkshakes and very decadent, they are healthy and very filling. I am also sure they are the reason I have no more issues with urges to eat things I really shouldn't. It all fits in perfectly with my belief that we have cravings and binges because our body has a need it is trying to fill -usually nutritional, but sometimes-I think rarely-it is emotional. I think it feels emotional because we can't figure it out, and because of the feelings that binging brings up. Well, lets say that is my case anyway.

I love that you discovered some interesting facts about yourself in regards to food. Looks like the keys are in reach. I wish I liked smoothies as much. The whole dairy thing, oh and the clean up thing, oh and the more shopping thing..LOL.. I am lazy. Fry a burger and an egg is my style. Of course I am not getting the yummy fruits and veggies though. I am working on it though.

Oh.. on a side note. I took a canned peaches in their own juice (I know.. canned..BUT..) pureed them and put them in popsicle molds for a sweet treat. The other day I took one out and out of the mold and put some fresh sliced strawberries with it for dessert.. YUM! Fresh peaches would have been good too.. but on a day when its over 100.. a frozen treat like that was awesome.
    Karin

Funny because for me the smoothies are so much easier. I just keep frozen fruit and veggies, pop it all in the blender, give it a whirl, and then give it a quick swish with some water and soap. To me eggs and burgers are not just a fry pan but also the splattered grease. You know I do make a smoothie for the hubs that is just blended frozen fruits and veggies. I mix up as much as will fit in the blender then divide into 4 servings in mason jars, leave them in the fridge and he takes one to work every day. I use just enough milk to get the blender to run, but you could use tea. He doesn't want anything extra in it, no powders or sweeteners. Each serving is only 1 serving of a fruit or veggie, but it is a mix of different things he would not eat out of hand but he needs the nutrition.

It is so very important to find what it is that works for each of us as an individual. I am really enjoying this book (Smarter Science of Slim), he is actually very supportive of Primal/Paleo and has done guest posts on MDA. Smoothies are not required, but a LOT of non-starchy veggies are highly recommended. So far, for me, it is the easiest plan to understand and to actually follow that I have ever done. May be because I had already given up (pretty much) starches and sugar though.

The frozen treat sounds wonderful. You know if you had frozen peaches (or berries or whatever), you could puree them and it would be like an instant sorbet.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So here is what happened last night. I decided at dinner time I was not hungry, actually felt full, so I made dh some gnocchi, and didn't bother making a salad (cause I am a horrible wife, and if I am not going to eat it I don't make a salad, so there). Anyway. About an hour later, I did get hungry, but now I had no salad and I was tired and hungry. So I ate the leftover meat I had planned to put on the salad, but it wasn't enough, so I made some yogurt with a spoon of homemade apple butter (basically apples and pears in the crockpot, then xyanthum gum to thicken) and a T of pistachios. Still not enough, so an ounce of macadamias. That ended up doing it. But if I had just made the BAS, as I usually do, that would have taken me enough time and given me the chew satisfaction I needed to stop eating. I didn't do anything "wrong" but the salad would have been a better choice for me on a fat loss journey.

STATS:
    calories....2074
    carbs.....116
    Fat.....93
    Protein....197
    Fiber.....41

Now having said what I just said, my stats are within the range that I am shooting for. Protein is between 175 and 200, carbs are about half, and so is the fat, and fiber is over 30, I done good!

Thankfulness: It is supposed to be cool out today, I am thinking to do a tad bit of yard work before I get back to that t-shirt quilt.