Page 181 of 644 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 6431

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 181

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I looked and felt like an idiot, my kids just rolled their eyes.

Yesterday was a very good day. Day 1 of my challenge. I ate clean, no sugar, no flour, no grain. I had, well I don't know how many servings I had of veggies because at lunch I had 1 1/2C of Trader Joes Healthy 8 Chopped Salad Mix (it has 8 different veggies-in case you had not guessed). I am only going to count it as 2 though since a serving is considered 3/4C ...so that makes 12, 2 of which are fruits.

My STATS:
    Calories....1923
    Carbs.....93
    Fat......103
    Protein....171 (I am shooting for 175 to 200-so close)
    Fiber.....26

the fun thing is yesterday I got some sewing done on DD's quilt. It has to be 98"x90", I am actually making it as a duvet cover. I have 3 strips of t-shirt logos sewn together, about a third of the amount I need. She is going to have to give up a few more shirts.
    Last edited by demuralist; 08-06-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Just checked my fitbit...I slept for 5:15 out of 7:33 in bed (73% efficiency) but the exciting part is that my first stretch was 1:20, getting better!

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Woo hoo on the sleep!!!!

I do crazy things like run my stairs as well. My family already things I'm crazy, so they aren't too surprised anymore

I saw this awesome sweater - made me think of you - I can't even knit a scarf, but I dreamt of it anyway
    -- Ruth

funny. I rarely knit things that need sized, because I am not good at transferring the information gained from doing a size swatch.

My DD is starting to give me advice regarding exercise and food. Unfortunately it is pretty much SAD. Which works for her because she has never done anything stupid like, well like any of the idiotic diets I have done, so her body isn't messed up! I smile and try to act like I am following it, so she doesn't get frustrated.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Me too. I often pretend to be following my husband's health advice so that he won't get mad.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I get a lot of advice, too. I have a thin, male, friend. He's always trying to be supportive and motivating. However, he's never intentionally tried to lose weight in his life (in fact, he's trying to gain some muscle weight). I smile. I nod. And I go on with things that seems to be working for me Not that I'm not willing to try new things, but the usual "just count your calories", isn't really going to be enough.
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Ok.. NOW I see why I am not married..LOL I have been single so long I would ignore them and that would cause a problem. lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

well, there are some serious pluses to not being married sometimes. And actually single women live longer than married women, less stress!

ok, another fantastic article.....Charles Poliquin's Blog - Tip 403: Make a High-Protein Diet Work For You: Tips To Lose Fat and Be Healthy

I did very well yesterday. I got in 10 non-starchy veggies, 2 fruits (clementines & berries), I was a tad higher in fat than I wanted to be and a bit low in protein, that is because I had eggs for dinner-very good but not a perfect ratio for my current goals.

The other day I measured my waist and it was up 1", a little depressing but I am staying the course because I believe this is the way I can heal my metabolism and hormone balance (as much as reasonable for someone entering menopause). Anyway, this morning I took my pants straight out of the dryer and put them on and normally they would start out a tad snug and by the end of the day be fairly loose. But this morning they are fitting like the end of the day. It is going to take a lot to keep me off the scale tomorrow!

Yesterday's STATS:
    Calories...1951
    Carbs.....87
    Fat....118
    Protein.....140
    Fiber.....26

I am trying to do about 40% or more of Protein, 40% Fat, and 20% or less carbs. Which really means that the fat in grams should be less than half the protein in grams. This seems to me a reasonable mix. I am not fanatic about it, just shooting for it.

Thankfulness: I have been remiss here! Today I am thankful for a break in the weather, it is starting to cool down, and that is very nice.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    awesome news about the pants!!! Such a good feeling! Stay off the scale, your pants tell the TRUE story!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.