Page 180 of 660 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 6593

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 180

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ruth I have tried the vanilla, the choc and the strawberry and thought they tasted fine. Its the Jay Robb brand. He makes whey and egg white proteins.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I like Jay Robb wheys, pricey but worth it. They have very few ingredients and the ones they have are quality. I have not tried their egg powder though.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I haven't seen it in the egg variety, but I'm sure I haven't been looking. Protein powder isn't my first option, but when I'm traveling, it might well be my "best" solution. Thanks for letting us co-opt your journal for this discussion
    -- Ruth

hehe not a problem!

I saw a "recipe" on here where she used a nut butter and mixed in protein powder and turned it into a sort of play dough consistency. I think that would be good for travel, quick easy way to get protein, and it is yummy, you could pre-mix and put it into zip top baggies or just take a container of both along. (are you driving or flying on your travels?)

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    hehe not a problem!

I saw a "recipe" on here where she used a nut butter and mixed in protein powder and turned it into a sort of play dough consistency. I think that would be good for travel, quick easy way to get protein, and it is yummy, you could pre-mix and put it into zip top baggies or just take a container of both along. (are you driving or flying on your travels?)
    to piggy back on this.. freeze the balls to keep them cold and able to survive travel then refrigerate when you arrive. This is a great idea.

Ruth- while protein powder may not be ideal for you it might help in a pinch
    Karin

When you take them out of the fridge, and let them sit a few minutes, they will get some condensation, then you will have "Schweddy Balls" (ala Saturday Night Live skit with Alec Baldwin!)

When I tried the recipe, it got thick enough to hold its shape. Of course, I didn't have them in a hot car or anything, but Karin is right they are yummy cold.

So I am starting a 21 day challenge with my other group. To go 21 days perfectly SANE. That is no sugar, no grain, 10 veggies, 1 or 2 fruits (at most), and 175g of protein every day. Then once a week 10 minutes of high quality cardio (yesterday I ran hard up and down our stairs for 30 seconds, rest for 2 minutes, repeat 3 times). Once a week do 10 minutes of eccentric resistance (ie. emphasis is on the down in a chin up). There are 4 exercises here...pull-up, squat, push-up, and simulated overhead press (use a weight).

I am actually excited, even though I generally HATE doing these sorts of challenges I think this will help me to focus on what I am trying to do so that it can become a habit eventually.

I am also hoping it improves my sleep quality, although I am 100% certain that last night's was negatively affected by hot flashes/night sweats. I woke up around 3 and my pj's were damp from sweat. House temperature was the same as always. I actually slept 4:47 last night, with 10 wake ups. I was in bed for 7:35.

Yesterday was an ok day. I am TTOM and I didn't feel great. So I ate. A lot. But it was all considered "SANE" food. I didn't do any sugar, grain, or flour. It was a lazy day too, except for running up and down the stairs!

I feel better today even though my sleep was not as good. I am planning to use today and tomorrow to finish DD's t-shirt quilt. Nose to the grindstone, till I get it down. I hate sewing and it is hanging over my head like storm cloud.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Ooh, that does sound good...
    -- Ruth

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Balls! lol
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    LOL.. you go girl.. running up and down stairs is tough.
    Karin