Page 175 of 610 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 6093

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 175

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wow, the concert sounds great. Glad you had fun.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    OMG! Slept 1:21 straight last night, and 3 stretches that were very close to 1 hour! with a 74% efficiency. But getting the longer stretches is very promising!

Lots of great company, reasonable food.

last night's sleep was horrible, serious trouble with temperature control! Hot then cold then hot then cold arghhhh!

doing the best I can given we have company, will continue to hang on till the house is cleared, then get more serious.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Yesterday, well my food intake is as follows...

Calories...2,890 (this should give you a hint to what happens when sleep is lousy)
    Carbs....163
    Fat.....241
    Protein....72
    Fiber....15
    Sugar....125

I decided in the morning that I would do a sort of IF breakfast and lunch, doing a BPC for breakfast, and using the MCT, Kerrygold, and HWC in my green tea at lunch, then have a normal dinner. But 4:00 would not pass by quietly. It appears that no version of IF is good for me, yet. Although I am not sure it isn't mental as much as physical.

Odd thing is the scale result is 262.6 which is down 1.2 from yesterday. Which tells me I need to stop deciding ahead of time what I will eat and how much and work much harder at listening to the wisdom of my body. Got to get good at my Golden Rules.

I have been remiss...Thankfulness I am thankful for the gift of remission for my dad and his continuing improvements, he is actually settling down (he hates being away from his house and he lets it stress him and then it messes up his system) and enjoying himself and he actually looks healthier than when he got here! I am also incredibly for the precious gift that is my mom, there are not words to say how lucky I feel that she is mine and I am one of hers!

p.s. I forgot to mention that I had 3 spans of just over an hour straight of sleep last night, one stretching to 1:15, for a total of 5:43. Mom and I are going to do yard work today to get some vitamin D then I will nap after our trip to the grocery store.
    Last edited by demuralist; 07-26-2012 at 05:28 AM. Reason: add ps

FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    Ough, no good. Was this a binge? Or what happened?
    Butter in tea and coffee is only going to make you put on weight when you're not in fat burning mode and if you eat that amount of carbs. If it causes you to binge, just stop doing the butter thing and I hope I didn't put the idea in your head! (can't remember but I think I posted a link to the BP guy about sleeping)
    I've actually just done a 5 day fast with BP coffee in the morning (no food at all), lost 3kg (6 lbs). However, if I were you I wouldn't mess around with fasting as it seems your body just can't take it, I think. You need to find what triggers you into "breaking bad" and then address that issue. Total of 6 hours sleep is better, if you can improve that I think you'll get there.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I hope you get some better sleep tonight. I hope I do too for that matter.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

FlyingPig: No I wouldn't exactly call it a binge, just that when I got hungry enough that I needed to eat (head and tummy did not feel good) the choices I made were high in calories and carbs (almond butter on apple and celery, greek yogurt with raw nuts) and then had a desert after dinner. It wasn't so much that I was trying to fast as that I was 'saving' calories for what I knew would come at the end of the night. Not a common situation.

No the BPC idea is actually from the Shangri La diet, which talks about using flavorless calories to fool your body into lowering your set point. And they consider BPC flavorless (odd I know, but that is another discussion). The thing about this is that, it was actually changing the way my brain viewed food, for the first 2 weeks, now not so much, but life is a little discombobulated-we have company plus doing a few "dinners" with a small crowd this week.

I never eat breakfast, never really have, can't stomach it. So I have always done some version of a liquid one. In fact I am happiest when I don't do solid food until dinner. I like having the BPC for breakfast, and a smoothie for lunch. then I drink all sorts of teas the rest of the day, and have a nice dinner with a protein source, a salad, and a veggie or 2 as side dish. I can do this when, I get enough sleep, and I have dinner already planned and I don't have to hunt around the kitchen trying to figure out what to make.

Sleep wise, I am in bed for at least 7 hours a night, last night it was 8:30 hours, so it is not that I am not giving it all I've got but for some reason my sleep quality is much better during the day than at night. Such that if I lay down for an hour mid-day, I pretty much sleep for an hour. Now if I could figure out a way that if I was in bed, I was sleeping, and just stayed in bed for the 4 to 5 hours I sleep at night, then made up the difference during the day, that would be great. Sadly it doesn't work that way.

p.s. suggestions on how to get into a fat burning mode would be appreciated.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Paula: yesterday I got a nap and slept 39 minutes, so adding that to my 5:43, I went over my goal of 6 hours in a day. Last night I got 4:42, but had three 1 hour stretches, so it feels better than it sounds.

so food yesterday went much better. I ate/drank when the body asked for it, and it was reasonable in amount and type.

Stats
    Calories...1,342
    Carbs....95
    Fat.....82
    Protein....53
    Fiber....21 Net Carbs....74
    Sugar....37

I did not actually eat anything with sugar, yesterday was a bit high in fruits as opposed to veggies thus the higher carb and sugar count.

Result...263.8 up 1.2

While it is obvious to me that it is not a simple calculation of calories in vs. calories out, and in fact I can list any number of things that it is not, I cannot-obviously-pinpoint what it is going to take to take the fat off. A bit of a sad realization.

ThankfulnessI am thankful for my health, I cannot understand how or why I am generally healthy while I am getting so little sleep, but luckily the body's will to survive and thrive is carrying me through.

argh!!! Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity. I know that I cannot keep dieting and think it will get me to my goal of being a reasonable size and healthy and active and energetic. I have to do something different. Now I have to figure out what that is.

I know that actually following the "4 Golden Rules" works for me and is how I want to live my life. But for some reason, mentally, I block myself from doing it. So I need to figure out why I am afraid to reach my goal. What do I gain by being heavy? Why is it more profitable (for lack of a better word) for me to be the way I am as opposed to the way I want to be? When I figure that out, I will be able to work on it.

Thankfulness: This morning I was talking to someone from church who had dropped her daughter off at the camp where my son was one of the counselors. This woman had not talked to my son for a couple of years, and wasn't sure he would even know who she was. But as she was walking up with her nervous daughter, my son walked up to them with a huge smile and said hello, and welcomed them, and started to tell her daughter a few of the fun things she was going to get to do while she was there. The woman was so grateful for my son's welcome attitude and hospitality she wanted to let me know. My son generally is a very quiet, often sullen, 17y.o. I was so thankful to know that he can drop that and be the person I know is inside of him when he feels comfortable and confident.