Page 174 of 650 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 6497

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 174

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yay, indeed, definitely improves the attitude (for both of us!)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

Yesterday...So yesterday, I had what I would consider a near perfect eating day! I ate when I was hungry, I ate what I was hungry for, and I stopped before I was full. I did not go scurrying into the pantry when I was in the middle of cleaning (my usual tactic to avoid things I don't want to do). I did not crave sweets after I finished eating. I did not go back and eat frozen cake! It was not a perfect Primal day as I did eat a flatout wrap, and I had some Konjac noodles (no idea if they are primal, but doubt it), but I am ok with that for now.

I also got a lot done. I finally hung the 2 lamps in the rec room (nothing like company coming to spur me to finish projects around the house). That was more of a PITA than I anticipated, as the directions were non-existent and they did not put the screws in the correct place so I had some undoing that took a serious amount of time and frustration. I also got the sheets on the spare bed and our bed washed and back on the beds, as well as cleaning the spare room. Got a ton of backed up laundry done. Remembered to order my new industrial laundry basket (so excited). And did general clean up.

I had to laugh. I know the feeling about motivation in cleaning because company is coming. My stepmom will be here in a week. The carpets are almost done and I need to commit to some scrubbing of floors (what is it with me and floors???) as well as a deep clean in the bathroom and *sigh* Lily's room, again. I have been trying to get some crafting done between cleaning projects as a destressor (keeps me out of the food too).

hmmm industrial laundry basket.... and your excited about it....hmmmm...I worry about you
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

hehehe, I spent over a year looking for the perfect laundry basket. I had the laundry room redone last year and when he put in the folding table he was nice enough to add an apron for support. Unfortunately that made my available height 29". Everything I liked was 30", and tall and thin. I wanted wide and squatty, with wheels, and 2 compartments, and canvas, very sturdy, oh and it had to look good too because that door stays open a lot because I go in there a lot and there is an HVAC vent in there.

My N=1 experiment. 1. Cut way back on dairy, grains, and sugar 2. take a flavorless shot of calories in the form of MCT or Extra Light Olive oil chased by a tsp of xylitol in a liter of water in the middle of a 2 hour flavorless time span twice a day 3. take a 1 hour nap or listen to meditation

Yesterday...I did pretty well. I did forget to take my afternoon shot of flavorless calories-got so busy cleaning the time just slipped away. The result of that is that I was looking for something to munch on while I was cooking dinner. Which is typical for me before I started the shots, but not since, so they are doing something. I did just have an ounce of Kerrygold Dubliner cheese and 7 walnuts, so I didn't go crazy or anything, but I was scavenging and had to talk myself out of eating, to basically wait for dinner.

I also got a lot done. I got the extension cords for the lamps and put bulbs in and they work! And I got DD's room clean, all the sheets washed and the upstairs vacuumed. Just have to do a final wipe down of the bathrooms and clorox the toilets and the upstairs is taken care of.

Sounds wonderful, right!

Result 261.4, up 1

My optimism is here, but I am really just confused! Wish my sleep issues would resolve so that I could determine if it is that or something else. I feel like my food is totally in line with weight loss and my good health. MyFitnessPal tells me everyday when I finish tracking that in 5 weeks I will be in the low 240's. It has been saying that for months.

STATS:
    Calories: 1725
    Carbs: 25-this seems really low, was not trying to do this.
    Fat: 159
    Protein: 91
    Fiber: 8 Net Carbs: 15
    Sugar: 7

My Golden Rules
    1. Eat only when physically hungry
    2. Eat only what I really want
    3. Eat slowly, mindfully, consciously
    4. Stop when I am no longer hungry
    5. shots of tasteless oil in the middle of 2 hour flavorless time window

Sleep yesterday:
    overnight 5:32
    meditation :35 (the battery died)
    total 6:07, yeah! over 6!

Thankfulness: my bad memory for numbers. I will forget within an hour or so that I gained a pound today and get on with life.

Parents are visiting, so I will not be around much, but will still try to keep up with the oil.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    What are you noticing when taking the oil?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Have fun and stay lubricated!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

hehehehe, Paula, my mind is so in the gutter after this weeks activities, I can't look at your comment without a little grin on my face.

So the thing that happens with the oil, and I know this is weird, but it seems to change my brain. My attitude toward food feels different. I do not feel the need to eat between the meals, I am actually able to skip meals comfortably-not been able to do this with any other system I have tried. Yesterday for example, I was busy getting ready to go to the concert (we take a packed dinner) and didn't eat lunch. I was not picking at what I was making because my mom and my aunt were in the kitchen helping me and we were chatting and the recipes were ones I had already used so no need to taste along the way.

It doesn't make me feel full per se, but it does allow me to feel full sooner. It allows me to focus on something besides food for most of the day.

What I have not been successful with, so far, is to string along a reasonable number of days where I don't eat wheat and/or sugar.

Also, I am still not getting 6 hours of sleep. Not only that but I don't get 90 minutes straight during the night. Which has to have a negative effect on REM, which I propose is what is keeping me from losing weight. Because even though I do eat wheat or sugar every 3rd or 4th day, it is not an unreasonable amount of either, and I have more clean days than non.

Once all the summer company is gone and DS starts to school (August 1), it is my intention to get very serious about working on the totality. My oil shots, a clean diet, a reasonable movement plan, and getting enough quality sleep to make the efforts pay off.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Glad I'm not the only one.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok, I just found my tape measure and figured I better take a measurement while I knew where it was....

SW(8/19/11): 267
    neck: 14.5"
    r. bicep:17"
    r. forearm: 12"
    Chest:48"
    Waist: 40"
    Hips: 51"
    r. Thigh: 30"
    r. calf: 17"

9/5/11: 266 down 1
    Neck: 14 down .5
    r.bicep: 15.75 down 1.25
    r.forearm: 12 no change
    Chest: 47.5 down .5
    waist: 39.5 down .5
    hips: 49 down 2 (!)
    r. thigh: 29 down 1
    r. calf: 17 no change
    fat % from scale=54.4 (just figured out how to do this)

Total weight loss is 1 pound
    inches lost since going primal is 5.74

10/1/11: 264.8 down 1.2
    neck: 14 no change
    r. bicep: 15.75 no change
    r. forearm:11.5 down .5
    Chest: 46.5 down 1" which I can confidently say is across the back and not in the cup! Jackets fit much better.
    Waist:38 down 1.5
    Hips: 48.5 down .5
    r.thigh: 29 no change
    r.calf:16.5 down .5

12/1/11 weight 260.8
    r. bicep: 15.75
    r.forearm: 11.5
    chest:46
    hips:48.5
    r.thigh: 29
    calf: 16.5

4/15/12 254.8
    r. bicep-below shoulder muscle:15
    r. forearm: 15
    chest-with bra: 45.5
    waist: 38
    hips: 47.5
    r. thigh-point where middle finger extends down thigh: 27
    r. calf: 16.5
    fat % from scale: 52.1

7/22/12 263.2
    Neck: 14 down .5 from beginning
    r. bicep below top muscle:16 up 1 inch from April, down 1 from beginning
    r. forearm:12 up .5 inch, no change from start
    Chest (with bra): 45 down .5 inch, down 3 from start
    waist:41 up 3 inches, up 1 from start
    hips:52 up 3.5 inches, up 1 from start
    r. thigh (at finger tip):30 up 3 inches, no change from start
    r. calf:17 up .5 inch, no change from start
    fat %: didn't get on the scale.

It looks pretty obvious that somewhere between April and today something is not going well. I need to do the measurements monthly to catch what is going on.

I think the increase in the inches is due to the fact that I stopped my morning treadmill and thereby lowered my daily step count by nearly half. I believe the weight is a consequence of the sleep issues.

The good news is that last night, my second on melatonin, my sleep efficiency went up to 82%. I still didn't get a straight 90 minutes, but close. I have felt a little foggy upon waking both mornings so I am going to take it at dinner instead of so close to bed time. I am taking a 250mcg dose.

So despite my measurements, I am very optimistic today.

My plan is...
    -to continue the melatonin and D3
    -to continue the oil shots
    -increase the movement
    -pay close attention to my physical cues for hunger and satiety and FOLLOW UP on them
    -track it all

Thankfullness: I am so very grateful for living in Nashville. Last night we went to the Bluebird on the Mountain Songwriter's concert. It was one of the best concerts I have ever been to. It was a wonderful night, the weather cooled off, the music was amazing, the company I was with was some of my favorite people (my husband, my parents, and my aunt and uncle). Amazing, all night I could not get over how blessed I felt to be there at that time with those people.
    Last edited by demuralist; 07-23-2012 at 04:59 AM. Reason: fix the math