Page 173 of 665 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 6648

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 173

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    That is exactly what I thought when I read it! I rarely have insomnia anymore, the rest of the night is the problem!

Can't wait to hear about the PN!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

My N=1 experiment. 1. Cut way back on dairy, nightshades, grains, and sugar 2. take a flavorless shot of calories in the form of MCT or Extra Light Olive oil chased by a tsp of xylitol in a liter of water in the middle of a 2 hour flavorless time span twice a day 3. take a 1 hour nap or listen to meditation

Yesterday...well my WTF attitude kicked in. I just do not do well if I go for a few days staying on plan and the scale does not reward me. And mentally I do not feel comfortable not weighing at least most days, I have gone that route.

So yesterday I decided to go ahead and enter a cake contest that is this Saturday at the outdoor concert we are going to. I had originally decided not to put myself through making a new recipe and all the tasting that is involved in that. Anyway, it is a summer series and we have gone to all of them since it started. Well it is an anniversary for them and to celebrate they are doing the cake contest. It is sponsored by Jack Daniels. But yesterday with my bad attitude, I decided to go ahead and bake the cake. Is was a Lemon Honey Jack cake (i used Jack Daniels Honey Liqueur). Tasted great!!!!! but fell apart, so it was all in vain. I did do a lot of tasting, though not nearly as much as usual. My DH ate the layer that fell apart (I was making a dome for the Observatory where the concert is held and it collapsed), I froze the 2 I had planned to use for the base to use for when company comes. good news is I didn't make the frosting! That is my real downfall.

Anyway, I tracked it as best I could. I actually didn't really eat dinner, just a very small taste then decided I was still full from the cake tasting.

Result 260.2, up .2 could have been worse. Back on track this morning, my stomach felt like crap all night!

My optimism is actually back up! I had my little hissy fit and now I am back on it. Plus now that I have added the vitamin D back I feel confident my sleep issues may be coming to an end!

STATS:
    Calories: 1844
    Carbs: 126
    Fat: 134
    Protein: 59
    Fiber: 22 Net Carbs: 104
    Sugar: 53

high carbs, high fat, high sugar is probably not a good combo. I suspect if the carbs are high but from fruits and veggies, that is probably a good thing for me. Again, I am really not trying to direct the macronutrients right now. Just playing with food combos that will keep me from binging/obsessing with food.

My Golden Rules:

1. Eat only when physically hungry
    2. Eat only what I really want
    3. Eat slowly, mindfully, consciously
    4. Stop when I am no longer hungry
    5. shots of tasteless oil in the middle of 2 hour flavorless time window

Sleep yesterday:
    overnight 5:46

Thankfulness: WARNING.....TMI coming up.....Pharmaceuticals. Dh has ED, I had decided that yesterday was the day we were gonna talk about alternative methods of physical intimacy, had a list, the kids were gone. So he comes home, strips down, walks into the kitchen naked (we have always joked with the kids that when they are gone clothing would become optional in the house). So we laugh about it, I ask him if he wants me to take a photo and fuzz it to tease the kids with, we laugh some more. Then he says, you get naked and lets go lay down and chat. I am shocked and amazed. anyway, without the gory details, he took something that reversed the ED. So we did not have the conversation last night, but we had fun.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yay!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    The cake sounds good.. sorry it was a flop though. Keeping it in the freezer for company is a great idea since you and the hubs entertain.

So when it comes to carbs are you eating starchy carbs too?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Not trying to. The cake was a blip. Although today, I had a flatout, not primal, but yummy wrapped around my tuna salad. Mostly my carbs are coming from fruits though. And maybe once a week I will do a piece of homemade bread. I never really loved things like pasta, rice, potatoes, etc. So I don't miss them and while I make them for the family I am not drawn to them and don't eat them.

Here is what I had today...
    6:45 - 7:15 BPC (today with MCT I am out of Coconut oil)
    8:15 - 8:45 Double Green Matcha tea, iced with Stevia
    10:15-11:30 21g ELOO and 1tsp xylitol with 1 liter of water
    1:00-1:30 tuna salad with homemade mayo, apple, a few walnuts on a flatout-had a craving, yum, Double Dark Chocolate Tea, iced with stevia
    3:45-4:15 21g MCT and 1tsp xylitol in 1 liter of water
    6:30-7:00 ground beef cooked with fresh salsa and spices, konjac noodles, over a mixed green salad
    8:30 Republic of Tea Red Velvet tea, iced with Stevia.

I have mostly been doing a smoothie for lunch though, just got a craving for the tuna today.

I think that for the most part, taking a liter of water with a tsp of xylitol 2 times a day is helping to quell my cravings for sweets. At least I don't go looking for them. If they are right there (like the cake batter), I will still eat it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

My N=1 experiment. 1. Cut way back on dairy, grains, and sugar 2. take a flavorless shot of calories in the form of MCT or Extra Light Olive oil chased by a tsp of xylitol in a liter of water in the middle of a 2 hour flavorless time span twice a day 3. take a 1 hour nap or listen to meditation

Yesterday...So yesterday, I had what I would consider a near perfect eating day! I ate when I was hungry, I ate what I was hungry for, and I stopped before I was full. I did not go scurrying into the pantry when I was in the middle of cleaning (my usual tactic to avoid things I don't want to do). I did not crave sweets after I finished eating. I did not go back and eat frozen cake! It was not a perfect Primal day as I did eat a flatout wrap, and I had some Konjac noodles (no idea if they are primal, but doubt it), but I am ok with that for now.

I also got a lot done. I finally hung the 2 lamps in the rec room (nothing like company coming to spur me to finish projects around the house). That was more of a PITA than I anticipated, as the directions were non-existent and they did not put the screws in the correct place so I had some undoing that took a serious amount of time and frustration. I also got the sheets on the spare bed and our bed washed and back on the beds, as well as cleaning the spare room. Got a ton of backed up laundry done. Remembered to order my new industrial laundry basket (so excited). And did general clean up.

Sounds wonderful, right!

Result 260.4, up .2

My optimism is waning! I had my little hissy fit with the cake and then I literally jumped right back in line, and I gained, well basically stayed in the plateau. I am a bit sad and really confused, distraught, disheartened.

STATS:
    Calories: 1403
    Carbs: 61
    Fat: 120
    Protein: 69
    Fiber: 24 Net Carbs: 37
    Sugar: 15

My Golden Rules
    1. Eat only when physically hungry
    2. Eat only what I really want
    3. Eat slowly, mindfully, consciously
    4. Stop when I am no longer hungry
    5. shots of tasteless oil in the middle of 2 hour flavorless time window

Sleep yesterday:
    overnight 4:59
    meditation :15 (the battery died)
    total 5:14

Thankfulness: energy, yesterday I had some, enough to actually get a pretty decent amount of housework done and not send me to the pantry in an avoidance binge!

FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    If I were you, I'd stop weighing myself every day. Just do it every week or even every month and start taking measurements of your waist, legs and arms instead. Weight fluctuates a lot and can be demotivating. I, for example, tend to lose weight in a "revolutionary" way, not "evolutionary". I.e. I'll stay the same weight for a few weeks (but my waist line goes down bit by bit) even though I am eating well and getting enough sleep, and then BAM, all of a sudden 10lbs are off in a matter of days. Some bodies just work like that.
    From what I can read from your journal, weight is a secondary issue for you. First kick the cravings completely and go primal 100% for a while (yes, you can do it, if I, as the guy who used to eat everything in sight, can then you can), and only focus on the weight afterwards. It takes healing first as this is a game for the long run, not just a short crash diet.
    And yes, as said before, the sleep is a major issue I think, I really hope you can somehow resolve that as I am convinced you'll drop the pounds as soon as you get 8+ hours solid rest in a pitch black room. Good luck with it!

Totally appreciate your input!

On weighing everyday...I have done it all ways mentioned with mixed results. I have gone a week, a month, a quarter, a year, and not weighed. And for all but one of those experiments I gained. It is actually more stressful for me to not weigh as I feel like it is a piece of information that I can never retrieve. However, the moment the result of a weigh in sends me to the pantry, I will stop the daily weigh in. I realize that because of how I write in this journal, it may seem the number is very important to me, but by weighing every day the numbers become a jumble, I only know if I gained or lost after I check to see what it was yesterday. It is just another piece of info. I will try to measure sometime this weekend, I have not done it in a while. But if past experience and my clothes are any indicator there will not be a big change there either. And actually that is a part of the reason I don't measure more. If I do what feels like 'all this work' and the scale doesn't show change, then mentally I can still think the measurements are changing. But if the measurements aren't changing then that is depressing.

I did go 100% Primal when I first started. Then about a month in I did a Leptin Reset. Neither one gave me an aha moment or even made me feel significantly better.

I am definitely in it for my health but the weight is an integral part of being able to be healthy.

My current energies are really focused on researching the sleep situation. Because, given what I eat, evolutionarily, my body should be able to adjust to the minor glitches in my diet. Especially lately, as I am getting better at eating cleaner again. I really think getting a good solid chunk of sleep, (according to my fitbit there is no more than 1.5 hours straight that I go without a wake up) even if it doesn't get to 8 hours will start the weight melting off, and improve my general health.

Thanks again for your thoughtful response, I really appreciate it.
    Chris
    Unknown

p.s. Regarding the room quality...I have black out blinds on the windows, no glowing clocks,etc, a fan for white noise, keep the room cool, just added a memory foam and feather bed to our already comfy mattress to end up feeling like I am sleeping on a cloud (helpful for those stiff joint issues) and I listen to a meditation to fall asleep. I don't drink anything with caffeine after noon. Ensure that I finish eating 3 hours before I go to bed. In fact I have a very specific routine that I follow the last 15 minutes before I get into the bed. I rarely drink alcohol. And have a pretty low stress existence. I do have sleep apnea, but wear an oral device to prevent it (I have had night's of great sleep with it, so that is not the issue).

I have never been a good sleeper, but in the past the issue was always insomnia. I have overcome that, but recently have developed this problem with staying asleep.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A little late, but...yay, for a fun time with your honey!