Page 171 of 609 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 6084

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 171

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My N=1 experiment. 1. Cut way back on dairy and nightshades and -obviously- grains and sugar 2. take a flavorless shot of calories in the form of MCT or Extra Light Olive oil chased by a tsp of xylitol in a liter of water in the middle of a 2 hour flavorless time span twice a day 3. take a 1 hour nap or listen to meditation

Yesterday...well, I ate too much. At dinner, I guess I ate too fast, didn't realize I was full until well after I was finished, then I was stuffed. Unfortunately that did keep me out of the ice cream, However I did have only 1/2C. This is amazing, as I have always thought that the 1/2C serving size was a joke. So while I am not all the way there, things are definitely improving.

I didn't get to do the meditation yesterday, had to get the AC fixed in my car by the time I got home DH walked in behind me. the problem with trying to do the meditation when he is home is that his footsteps are clompers and I can't relax when he is stomping around the house.

My optimism is picking back up, my curiosity is still peeked.

STATS:
    Calories: 1931
    Carbs: 76
    Fat: 148
    Protein: 109
    Fiber: 15 Net Carbs: 61
    Sugar: 42

Result: 259.2

My Golden Rules:

1. Eat only when physically hungry
    2. Eat only what I really want
    3. Eat slowly, mindfully, consciously
    4. Stop when I am no longer hungry
    5. shots of tasteless oil in the middle of 2 hour flavorless time window

Sleep yesterday:
    overnight 4:23
    meditation :00

Thankfulness: I am thankful I have teenagers in the house! My son is working to get my meditations into a playlist and onto my iPod (for some reason iTunes or my computer don't like this one) so I can listen in the afternoon and at night-currently have to use a cd player for the daytime one and it eats up the batteries!

p.s. I should add here, that I find the logic of the flavorless calories feels a bit silly. However, it is 1. harmless, 2. easy, and 3. if it works I don't really care about the why as long as it is a positive influence on my health. Primal alone is not enough, low-carb alone does not work, and low-calorie alone definitely does not work. This is something I have not tried.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I do have a serious question for you. Why do you try for higher fat grams and less protein? Seems backwards to me. At the very least, should they be balanced? I am genuinely curious what your thinking behind it is.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Well, I tried it the other way and it didn't work. ie. Higher protein grams and moderate fat, as well as equal grams of each. I didn't end up with any of the wonderful side effects talked about in these forums...no boost of energy, no loss of joint pain, no weight loss, etc. I am actually currently not restricting protein and except for the flavorless shots not pushing fat (according to the theory the flavorless shots could be in the form of sugar water, I just feel like the oil shots would be healthier than that for me). And actually except for cutting out grains and sugar to the best of my ability, I am not restricting carbs per se. I am concentrating on real foods, fresh and homemade (my home), and am trying to move toward becoming a locavore.

I think that each body must respond to nutrients in different ways. I am trying to get to a point where I can figure out exactly what it is that my body does want. I also think that this will be different in different situations, so using physical cues instead of trying to mentally figure it out, is where I am trying to go.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

My N=1 experiment. 1. Cut way back on dairy and nightshades and -obviously- grains and sugar 2. take a flavorless shot of calories in the form of MCT or Extra Light Olive oil chased by a tsp of xylitol in a liter of water in the middle of a 2 hour flavorless time span twice a day 3. take a 1 hour nap or listen to meditation

Yesterday...well, interestingly, I felt like I ate too much. I was moderately full most of the day. I think I need to slow down while I am eating to give my brain/stomach signals a chance to let me know I have had enough. So no pantry scavenge yesterday afternoon, and no thoughts of a little something sweet last night! I actually felt like I had to have over eaten significantly. But when I finished tracking it all this morning, well not so much. (I track the evening meal and anything I eat after it, in the morning, the rest of the day I track as I eat it)

My optimism is back, my curiosity is definitely peeked.

STATS:
    Calories: 1565
    Carbs: 128
    Fat: 100
    Protein: 47
    Fiber: 33 Net Carbs: 95
    Sugar: 57

carbs and sugar came from fruits and veggies, I didn't have any grain, flour, or sugar yesterday

Result: 258.2 that is down 1, and if ti holds up breaks through the plateau which has been in the 259 to 261 range

My Golden Rules:

Sleep yesterday:
    overnight 5:18
    meditation/nap :60 I fell asleep after the meditation played.
    total 6:18!!!

Thankfulness: I am thankful for where I work, they are getting rid of some old chairs. I am going to do some fun painting techniques on them and then donate them to our church garage sale, exciting!
    Last edited by demuralist; 07-14-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    Chris
    Unknown

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I have read somewhere (maybe Jack Kruse's stuff?) that MCT is like kindling and can really get your fat burning going. Hoping really hard for you that this is why you've dropped a pound and that many more are soon to follow!

I have actually read similar things in a couple of places. thanks for your good wishes.

Just made myself my usual lunch smoothie and couldn't finish it, too full, and even more important...I DIDN'T finish it. being full is not usually enough to stop me from finishing my meal. I often get a mentality that says something like 'this is what I am allowed, so this is what I am going to eat" or the clean the plate syndrome, or but I will get hungry before my next meal syndrome. But today, I was just full, and that was it. So things are changing, at least a little.

Yesterday...well, ok, I am still feeling like I am eating too much. Unfortunately I don't feel that until at least 30 minutes after I finish eating and the feeling of being over full stays with me for hours. So today, I give myself permission to only put half portions on my plate and go back for seconds AFTER 30 minutes have passed. Normally, I never do seconds. One of the consequences of this is that I pile up my plate.

One of the things I did well yesterday is that while I was drinking my lunch smoothie I did get full and did not finish it, that is important. Now, I need to just put less on my plate at dinner.

I am still totally of the belief that we gain weight when we eat more than our bodies need...that day. The calorie number, I believe, is not one we can calculate. We just have to learn to listen to our bodies cues, my body knows when it needs calories and it knows when I need to stop, I know that the only way I will lose weight and keep it off is to learn to listen and ACT UPON those cues.

My optimism is back, my curiosity is definitely peeked.

STATS:
    Calories: 1742
    Carbs: 55
    Fat: 148
    Protein: 71
    Fiber: 22 Net Carbs: 33
    Sugar: 13

carbs and sugar came from fruits and veggies, I didn't have any grain, flour, or sugar yesterday, yahoo, that is 2 days.

Result: 259.4 RATS (boy did I clean that up!) that is back into my plateau range up 1.2

My Golden Rules:

Sleep yesterday:
    overnight 4:38
    meditation/nap none, rats, I went down to the basement to do my meditation/nap and the couch was broken, spent a bunch of time trying to fix it, irritation ensued as I could not do it alone, ran out of time.

Thankfulness: the sun is out! once we finally got rain it wouldn't stop, but today there is sun and I can get to working on the chairs, so excited!

FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    I am only new here and stumbled upon this thread. Am I reading it correctly that you are only getting 4-5 hours sleep per night?

Unfortunately, yes. I use a fitbit to record actual sleep. I am in bed for between 7 and 8 1/2 hours, but am only actually sleeping 4 to 5. I try to nap/meditate mid afternoon because for some reason my sleep efficiency is much better then.

p.s. welcome! and good luck on your primal journey.
    Last edited by demuralist; 07-15-2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: p.s.
    Chris
    Unknown