Page 169 of 623 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 6225

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 169

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I went back and read your progress. I like how you are doing your accounting of the day.

I think there is something to the EVCO.. I have strayed from it and need to get back to basics. I like your daily criteria though and am working on some of that myself.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Thank You John for the reminder. Blech! Today I weigh 234, just under that magical wedding weight, but 20+ lbs from my lowest Primal weight. Jumping back in.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    cruel John, very cruel.

Thanks Karin, I am finding it very helpful to do a daily accounting.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

My N=1 experiment. 1. Cut way back on dairy and nightshades and -obviously- grains 2. take a flavorless shot of calories in the form of coconut oil or Olive oil in the middle of a 2 hour flavorless time span twice a day with a tsp of xylitol in a liter of water 3. take a 1 hour nap or listen to meditation

Yesterday...now, things are happening. Yesterday I made the family their weekly homemade loaf of bread. Usually the whole time I am making it I am saying to myself "only 1 piece, only 1 piece" sort of like a mantra. Yesterday I didn't. I was making the bread as I was preparing for a friend to come over for a 'quilting bee', cleaning up the craft area, making a nice salad for lunch, quick bathroom checks, etc. The bread came out. I let it cool and sliced it. This is usually when I eat the ends-I like them no body else does-but I didn't, didn't have to fight myself (no, you don't need that you can have a piece with lunch-that sort of conversation with myself). I just didn't eat it. No drama, no in-fighting, just didn't eat it. Then I had a very small part of the end piece with some Kerrygold, with my lunch, and that was it. No going back, no sneaking another piece, no thought of it at all.

During the witching hour, nothing, no looking for sweets, no perusing the pantry, nothing. The same for after dinner.

Something is definitely different. I am not having to use sheer will power to stay away from a food. Something is very definitely different!

Fantastic!

I am more optimistic, that using the flavorless windows will help me to get where I need to be.

STATS:

Calories: 1478
    Carbs: 34
    Fat: 128
    Protein: 58
    Fiber: 9 Net Carbs: 25
    Sugar: 3

Result: 259.2 down .8

My Golden Rules:

1. Eat only when physically hungry
    2. Eat only what I really want
    3. Eat slowly, mindfully, consciously
    4. Stop when I am no longer hungry
    5. shots of tasteless oil in the middle of 2 hour flavorless time window

Sleep yesterday:
    overnight 5:18
    meditation :00, had company no time.

Thankfulness: RAIN! 2 days in a row, and maybe even again today, my landscape plants may actually survive, no hope for the fescue, but the expensive stuff ought to make it, and this may push DH to agree to me replacing the grass with an evergreen ground cover!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    What a fantastic accomplishment yesterday - hooray!
    -- Ruth

Thanks. I read that the xylitol is supposed to cut down on cravings for sweets? I dunno, whatever, it worked yesterday.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I don't think I know what xylitol is?
    -- Ruth

My N=1 experiment. 1. Cut way back on dairy and nightshades and -obviously- grains 2. take a flavorless shot of calories in the form of coconut oil or Olive oil in the middle of a 2 hour flavorless time span twice a day with a tsp of xylitol in a liter of water 3. take a 1 hour nap or listen to meditation

Yesterday... I feel like I am doing extremely well. I have totally stopped eating anything between meals, for 2 reasons...first the 2 hour flavorless window sort of knocks out a lot of time, and second, just not hungry or interested in eating a snack...yeah!

During the witching hour, nothing, no looking for sweets, no perusing the pantry, nothing. The same for after dinner.
    I am not having to use sheer will power to stay away from a food.

Now the bad news...even though I am eating less (though not a lot less calorically), I am still essentially in maintenance, unfortunately it is about 100 pounds too heavy.

I will admit that I have not stopped to do my afternoon nap/meditation, so that may have an effect on the scale.

My optimism is waning.

STATS:

Calories: 1406
    Carbs: 57 (i had a flatout wrap and a cup of watermelon)
    Fat: 107
    Protein: 76
    Fiber: 18 Net Carbs: 39
    Sugar: 15

Result: 259.6 up .4

My Golden Rules:

1. Eat only when physically hungry
    2. Eat only what I really want
    3. Eat slowly, mindfully, consciously
    4. Stop when I am no longer hungry
    5. shots of tasteless oil in the middle of 2 hour flavorless time window

Sleep yesterday:
    overnight 5:29
    meditation :00, didn't feel tired so didn't think of it.

Thankfulness: Republic of Tea's Double Green Matcha Tea, I drink this every morning, this morning for some reason, it feels particularly good. I made it iced (which I do often), and it feels very healing today, like I am doing something good for myself.
    Last edited by demuralist; 07-10-2012 at 05:48 AM. Reason: math duh!
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I am confused about the maintenance. Technically speaking, if you are eating less you should be losing.. or is that CW thinking.. The body is a complicated mess of chemistry and finding that fat burning zone is tough. I think the key to overcoming the maintenance faze is a lot of exercise (which I hate). For me, until that changes, my weight will not and this is what I am resigned to think.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Actually my body does not seem to like calories in the 1400 area. Well, it doesn't lose weight there. Unless I am tracking something incorrectly, it seems to prefer the 1700 range.

Exercise doesn't work for me in weight loss (pretty sure the science backs me up on this), although when I was walking the treadmill every day, I felt better I did not lose any weight. I have done many things in my life to lose weight. When I was on WW I exercised like a fiend, weights (with trainer) and cardio (water aerobics-3 days a week with a movement concentration and 3 days a week with a flexibility concentration). In the course of 5 years I gained 20 pounds a year (pretty sure it was not muscle). When I stopped the gym but stayed with WW I lost 40 pounds in 4 years.
    Chris
    Unknown