Page 167 of 640 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 6393

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 167

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love your project ideas. I'll be watching your fat experiment with interest.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you have read about lectins and are considering how they effect you. This whole topic is what lead me to primal as nightshades (tomatoes, potatoes, peppers and eggplant) have caused me so many immune problems (RA,OA, possible fibromyalgia) and when I cut them out, I essentially got my life back! Potatoes in particular caused me so much pain. The one caution I would have for you about cutting out only one at a time is that if it is a group that causes you problems, then you may never discover this. When I cut out nightshades, the difference was tremendous in just one week, so you may see differences quickly. Also, it can take the body a while to heal or clear a toxin from it, so give your changes time (this coming from a very impatient person - so good luck)!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I plan to cut out the dairy first, starting with HWC because it has become so abundant in my daily life. I really do very little other dairy. A bit of cheese no more than once a week, Yogurt on very rare occasions (actually had some today but had not had any in forever before that), no milk. So I will take the time to cut this out and get to hopefully just the HWC in my morning coffee, and see what happens. Really from the nightshades I don't eat eggplant or potatoes, and rarely eat tomatoes since they don't taste like what I know they should from when I was a girl. I have also cut way back on peppers. So I feel pretty sure the HWC is the most likely culprit.

I have IBD, but without symptoms for years. The arthritis in my thumbs is bothersome and the hips, after I sit for a while, are stiff. But really those and my low energy level are my only real complaint (well the weight obviously), so I am hoping that cutting way back on all the dairy and nightshades is enough and total abstinence is not necessary. We shall see.

thanks for your support.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

The current N=1 experiment. 1. Cut way back on dairy and nightshades 2. take a flavorless shot of calories in the form of coconut oil middle of a 2 hour flavorless time span 3. take a 1 hour nap

Yesterday...well I felt pretty darn good! It was easy to do the coconut shot (1T of EVCO melted in 2T of water, hold nose to ensure no flavor chase with water). And looking back on the day I felt more energetic. So much so that I totally forgot to take the nap. Which I think showed its consequence after dinner as I was looking for something sweet, even though I was full. So I made some gluten free, low sugar, PB bars and ate one.

So today I will do all 3 of my n=1 experimental tasks and report back tomorrow!

I will continue reprinting these goals until they are ingrained in my head! I believe that following my n=1 tasks will make these much more likely.

VLC (net), moderate protein, high fat
    No added sugars or flour
    No restrictions, goals or limits on veggies
    Eat only when physically hungry (tummy growling)
    Eat mindfully

Sleep yesterday:
    overnight 5:42
    nap :00

STATS:

Calories: 1774
    Carbs: 62
    Fat:123
    Protein: 122
    Fiber: 18 NET CARBS: 44
    Sugar:28

Result 261.8 up .4, still pretty much maintaining here, for the month of July I have been from 258.8 to 264.8, essentially a 5 pound fluctuation that I consider maintenance. Unfortunately it is about 100 pounds over where I want to be maintaining. I am, however, oddly, very hopeful and pretty excited about following through on my 3 n=1 tasks. I totally believe they are easily doable, and know in my heart that they will produce the results I have not been successful achieving up to this point.

Thankfulness: this morning I am thankful for the internet and mapquest. My daughter spent the night with a friend who lives on the other side of town (here that means 45 minute drive on a good day to an area she rarely goes to). She called this morning in a little bit of a panic, lost. I pulled up mapquest, found where she was gave her directions to find her way home, heard sincere relief in her voice. Thinking investing in a GPS might be a good idea.

The current N=1 experiment. 1. Cut way back on dairy and nightshades 2. take a flavorless shot of calories in the form of coconut oil middle of a 2 hour flavorless time span 3. take a 1 hour nap

Yesterday...There might actually be something to this whole EVCO thing!

I have no problem getting the EVCO down or cutting back on the dairy and nightshades.

However-the nap.

The EVCO seems to be giving me a bit more energy. When I feel energetic in the afternoon and have things I want to do and am doing it feels like a waste of time to stop and sleep. On the other hand, I pay the price later in the day. I start to really drag around dinner time, which is bad for several reasons...I want to eat more and I don't want to clean. It also makes me cranky while I am trying to cook, which I usually don't mind and often enjoy.

So I am going to try to take the EVCO after the nap and see what happens there. Taking it in the morning has had a positive effect on how much I eat at lunch as well as my witching hour. Going to have to figure it out. Maybe 2 times a day? At least on the weekends. During the week, I think I won't be able to do it while I am at work.

So today I will do all 3 of my n=1 experimental tasks and report back tomorrow!

I will continue reprinting these goals until they are ingrained in my head! I believe that following my n=1 tasks will make these much more likely.

No added sugars or flour
    Eat mindfully

Sleep yesterday:
    overnight 5:46
    nap :00

STATS:

Calories: 1600
    Carbs:59
    Fat:115
    Protein: 111
    Fiber: 6 NET CARBS: 53
    Sugar:16

Result:261.4 technically still maintenance. Still hopeful, just gotta get that nap in.

Thankfulness: my coffee maker! I was up at 4:30 this morning, could not get back to sleep. I only drink 1 or 2 cups of coffee at the most, and if I would have had to make a full pot it would not have been so yummy for dh when he wakes up. BUT, we have a Keurig and I can just make what I want. Perfect, fresh, yummy. yeah

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Interesting about the evco. Get that nap! Have a great day.

Yeah, I always thought when people said they get energy from using EVCO that it was all in their head. It may be, but it seems to be working-for energy anyway. Weight, not so much-yet.

Not sure why taking that nap is so hard? It is another form of self sabotage I think. I know it will be good for weight and in general, the brain resists.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

So got really sick while working on the deck. Not sure if it was the heat or the smell-both of which have been present the whole time I have been working on it. Just barely finished, came inside chugged a bunch of water and took a nap-90 minutes. I feel better, but being that kind of sick always makes me want something bland and carby- bread or crackers. Luckily we don't really have that kind of thing in the house. I had 1 shortbread bisquit left in the freezer from when we had company last week and that is what I nibbled on. I am off to shower and do some minor house keeping, or maybe just work on the new doily rug.
    Chris
    Unknown

My N=1 experiment. 1. Cut way back on dairy and nightshades and -obviously- grains 2. take a flavorless shot of calories in the form of coconut oil middle of a 2 hour flavorless time span 3. take a 1 hour nap

Yesterday...I actually pretty much did all 3! And except for the little episode early in the day, I felt pretty good. I am getting to where I prefer my teas without the HWC-go figure.

I was not perfect as I did have the bisquit to try to settle my stomach-flour and sugar-and a piece of cheese on my burger last night-dairy- as well as my HWC morning coffee. Had the EVCO early, today I am going to try it after my nap and see what that does. And I had a 90 minute nap.

So yesterday was day 1, today I will do all 3 of my n=1 experimental tasks a bit more strictly -ie. no bisquit or cheese, and see what that does.

No added sugars or flour
    Eat mindfully

Sleep yesterday:
    overnight 4:09
    nap :58
    total 5:07

STATS:

Calories: 1469
    Carbs:43
    Fat:111
    Protein: 80
    Fiber: 6 NET CARBS: 37 Not sure I can (or want to) get lower than the 30's net carb.
    Sugar:10

Result:261.2 down another .2 but technically still maintenance. Still hopeful. I honestly believe this is a big part of the answer, trying very hard to get at least 6 hours of actual sleep.

Thankfulness: I am thankful for the bit of energy that the EVCO seems to be giving me. When I look back at what I have been doing and accomplishing and how I have been feeling while doing it these past few days, I feel pretty sure that the EVCO is actually giving me extra energy-not astronomical amounts, but so far enough to do what I want without feeling brain dead, and that is important.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Just a little note to let you know that I'm keeping up with your progress everyday
    -- Ruth