Page 165 of 623 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 6228

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 165

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Great Idea. Have a good day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    VLC (net), moderate protein, high fat...pretty low carb, but kinda high protein
    No added sugars or flour....YES!!!! day 2 of no sugar, but ended the day with a "sweet" treat
    No restrictions, goals or limits on veggies... I had 4 veggies and no fruit.
    Eat only when physically hungry (tummy growling)...yep, pretty much, hungry not starving.
    Eat mindfully...yep, plated and seated, thinking once I get this down I can work on slowing down.

Result 260.2 up.2

Yesterday did the nap again. I definitely think it is helping. I did go looking for sweet at the end of the day, but think that my spinach salad for dinner was not satisfying enough. I made a sort of pudding using my Protein Powder and PB2 and cocoa with some HWC and stevia, next time I will skip the protein powder, which added calories and protein but not much flavor.

Total sleep yesterday was 4:45 at night and 1:16 during the day. Woke up at 6 this morning without an alarm and got 4:52 hours of sleep. I am essentially awake at 5:30 I just need to get out of bed, which is very hard when it feels so good. I think within the next couple of weeks I will get to doing that. I could set an alarm, but I really want to do it naturally.

I putzed around in the yard yesterday, watering and moving sprinklers around, knocking down spider webs, picking a few weeds, and giving the roses some food. the chiggars are epic and seem to actually like bug spray! I am covered with incredibly itchy bites.

I tried to set up a tarp cover for the deck so that I can work in the shade, which will help keep the boards from heating up and having the stains dry too fast. Turns out it takes 2 people to set it up so DD will help me with it today. then I will pinpoint the center of the deck. DH will use his iPad to determine true North and then I can draw out the compass rose. Would love to start it Saturday morning.

The Stats:

Calories...1726
    Carbs....42 NET...23
    Fat...134
    Protein....102 (trying to keep this in the 60's for the next 2 weeks)
    Fiber...19
    Sugar...5

The last time I tried to do VLC, which was basically Adkins Induction, I felt like crap. I do not have that problem now. It is funny that while I am trying to lower my protein it keeps getting higher, especially when I was trying to get it higher it kept getting lower! Anyway, I suspect that I feel better this time around because I am doing it with real foods. Still planning to keep this up through the end of the month, both the naps and the VLC.

One thing that is interesting that I just noticed yesterday, is that my fitbit dashboard has a calorie count for me even though I track on MyFitnessPal, and it is slightly lower than MFP. So it looks like I should be trying to hit that number instead of the MFP one, since staying under the MFP one is a maintenance situation. Although, fitbit dashboard tells me that for how much I am eating versus how much I am burning that I am losing 1.5 pounds a week, so much for CW!

Thankfulness: well besides the obvious things...my family, my health, my home, my friends...I am incredibly thankful for people who show love/respect/kindness to strangers. While working in my yard yesterday virtually every single person who went by either smiled and waved or stopped and chatted. This is the sort of thing I remember happening when I was a kid and it is wonderful to know it still exists.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE you thankfulness thought for today. I try to be kind, but sometimes I forget. It's a good reminder.

I've contemplated doing a quick Atkins induction again. I, too, think it would make a world of difference to be eating REAL food!
    -- Ruth

I am pretty sure it is the real food thing. I am trying to make myself a fat burner (whatever that means!) and things I read say that I have to spend some time getting into ketosis. My breath does not yest feel like I am there, but it has only been 2 clean days. Thing is, with the napping and real food, it has seemed pretty easy, so I am hopeful that the combination of these 2 is the answer. Of course the scale hasn't changed yet.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

VLC (net), moderate protein, high fat...pretty low carb, the protein still seems a tad high, but I'm ok with it
    No added sugars or flour....YES!!!! day 3 of no sugar, still drinking sweet teas, but wit stevia
    No restrictions, goals or limits on veggies... I had 4 veggies and no fruit.
    Eat only when physically hungry (tummy growling)...yep, pretty much, hungry not starving, and have been able to not snack when my brain wanted to eat even though my body was not really hiungry.
    Eat mindfully...yep, plated and seated, thinking once I get this down I can work on slowing down.

Result 259.6 down .6

Yesterday did the nap again, but my sharp mathmatical brain set the alarm for 1 hour instead of 90 minutes. I actually think this may work out better, for now. maybe once I actually start waking up at 5:30 I will switch back to 90 minutes, but I think for now I will stick with the 60 minutes.

Sleep Stats:
    4:52 night time
    0:34 nap time (my DD was banging around the house;~( )

So I started cutting out the logos from my DD's old t-shirts so we can start her t-shirt quilt. I spent hours, this takes much longer than I thought, as do most crafts, and explains why women charge so much to make one!

On task today is to get the compass rose drawn on the deck, get the grass watered (in progress) and start cleaning and cooking for company on Monday night. I am going to make mascarpone today, then make a version of tiramasu but the "cake" is going to be the cake from the stout. I am going to make them in these cut little glasses that I have, little individual ones. Cute, plus portion control.

The Stats:

Calories...1671
    Carbs....31 NET...19
    Fat...141
    Protein....89 Thinking this isn't going to go much lower as I am not willing to just start doing shots of fat, and most of my fat comes with my protein (except for the HWC)
    Fiber...12
    Sugar...6

Still higher than the fitbit goal but lower than the MFP. I will try again today.

I am still feeling really good, wish I had tried the naps and the VLC separately so I would know if it is one or the other or the combo of both. Oh well, not changing the plan till at least July 1.

Thankfulness: well besides the obvious things...my family, my health, my home, my friends...I am incredibly thankful for the fact that my home is a place where my children feel comfortable to bring friends and leave the friends even if they have to go somewhere else. My DD has a bud from college here this weekend, but a babysitting gig came up for this morning and she took it. Her bud will hang out here till she gets back. Yesterday was the first time I met him.
    Chris
    Unknown

Watching the news last night with DH. One of the female newscasters is repelling a building for charity. She has so much make-up on it is ridiculous. My hubby says that looks silly. I said well, she has to wear some make-up she is on tv, he said she looks like a clown. So we start to chat about make-up and whether or not women should wear it, blah blah. And he says, essentially, you look fantastic without make-up, you should flaunt it. I said I rarely wear it, he says he knows, and people comment on my skin and eyes all the time and they are right.

I was floored. He is very good at telling other people good things about me and the kids, but RARELY says anything that can be construed as a compliment directly to any of us. In fact in the 21 years we have been together I can name all 3 times he has given me something I recognize as a compliment (this is one of them).

I told him it was very nice of him to say so and I really appreciated hearing it, and he said it is just so obvious how pretty I am and he is glad I don't/don't feel I have to cover it up.
    Chris
    Unknown

How sweet. Your story gave me the biggest smile.
    -- Ruth

He can be very sweet, he is usually the one that comes up with the really cool ideas for "gifts" for friends and family. (ie. he thought to give my dad a flying lesson for his 70th birthday, knowing he had always wanted to learn to fly). Just not very verbal.

VLC (net), moderate protein, high fat...doing pretty well here
    No added sugars or flour....YES!!!! day 4 of no sugar,flour was an issue yesterday-made homemade bread for DS's homecoming and had a small slice from each end
    No restrictions, goals or limits on veggies... I seem to be currently settled in around 4 veggies
    Eat only when physically hungry (tummy growling)...naps seem to be helping with this
    Eat mindfully...yep, plated and seated,

Result 258.8 down .8

Yesterday did the nap again, did the hour again, recovery seems better so I am going to stick with this.

Sleep Stats:
    4:55 night time
    0:34 nap time (again, activity around the house)

Got so much done yesterday! Set up the sprinklers and watered the lawn, ran to the grocery store, made mascarpone cheese, drew and started to paint the compass rose, went to the neighbors to get 2 trunk loads of large stone for me rock garden, made beef jerky, baked bread, made a meatloaf and twice baked potatoes (for the rest of the family), after dinner painted more of the compass rose after cleaning the kitchen.

The most important part of that is that I spent very little time thinking about eating/dieting, it felt fantastic.

Today, hoping to finish the compass rose and bake the cake for tomorrow as well as make the mascarpone custard.

Yesterday, I found DD's caramels smiled and just put them back not even a twinge!

The Stats:

Calories...1518 (this was below what fitbit wanted too!)
    Carbs....39 NET...37
    Fat...117
    Protein....73
    Fiber...2 my veggies came in such small quantities that they didn't register fiber.
    Sugar..0 !!!!!

I don't know if it is the higher fat or the naps, but I am feeling great, hope it keeps up!

Thankfulness: well besides the obvious things...my family, my health, my home, my friends...I am so very thankful for the church youth group and my son's mission week and safe return from that. There were a lot of challenges during the week, and he seems to have learned a lot.
    Last edited by demuralist; 06-24-2012 at 05:57 AM. Reason: math duh!

What a wonderful day you had! I'm tired just thinking about all of your activity!!! Awesome on caramels.

PS: Glad DS is home safely.
    -- Ruth

Yesterday:

First the good stuff...

I finished the compass rose (I will try to take a photo and post it as well as the doily rug). Today I start to put the sealant on the whole deck.

I worked at preparing for today (we have company for tonight), and had that same sort of attitude from Saturday. What I think of as "normal" my life did not revolve around what I was going to eat but around what I was going to do. Love that.

Now, the not so good....

I didn't take my nap. Got busy and forgot, time just got away from me. What I learned from this, well it is the nap that is making this all work. Around dinner time I started to wind down, tired but not sleepy, and started to look for carbs. And I found them, not all primal and yes with sugar.

Result 260.2 up 1.4

Solution: TAKE THE NAP. simple enough. Until I get to where I get 8 hours while I am in bed at night, I think the nap is going to be a part of my life. I also think that the only 2 possible solutions for the sleep disturbances at night are hormones and pollen. I don't plan to do anything about either, so the nap is the solution.

Stats: Who knows?

Today: is a new day, I will take the nap. I am hoping to stay away from the carbs I have for the guests (pretzels and dip, and the bread) focus on the primal stuff (salmon and spinach salad) and allow myself the dessert. It is a very small portion of a version of tirimisu. I made a cake with DH's homemade brew, then cut out circles the size of my small straight sided juice glasses. I put one circle of cake into the glass, drizzle with 1/2 tsp of coffee liqueur, then a tablespoon of the mascarpone mixture (homemade mascarpone), then a half circle of cake, then a tablespoon of the mascarpone mixture and topped with a raspberry.

I plan on close to zero carbs the whole day so I can enjoy the dessert.

And I will take the nap!

off to start to put the sealant on the deck before the sun heats it up. then to clean the house, nap, and start the dinner. ttfn
    Chris
    Unknown