Page 163 of 625 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 6249

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 163

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm not going anywhere - I'd miss you ladies too much I've been trying to spend less time on the computer...but I keep track of you all!

I hope the new plan works. I've been working very hard on the mindful eating. It's one thing I've never learned.
    -- Ruth

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    GOOD!

Once I get the mindful eating down, my next goal will be to walk away when I am done. Which will likely be a more important habit, but I don't think I can get there until I am mindful of the food I am eating and how it is effecting my body.

I am slightly reticent (though extremely hopeful) of the new plan being "the answer" because for the time I did the Bullet Proof Coffee, that didn't change things much. I am pretty sure that I am going to have to get the sleep quality issue taken care of, and I suspect once that happens the mix of macros will be way less important.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

So I had to wake up today at 4:50 to get the kid up so he would be able to get to the church bus in time to leave for his mission trip. I cannot tell you how many mornings I am up at that hour, but, of course, not this morning. When the music started to play on the alarm I could not figure out where I was. Very disoriented.

So I woke him up, took him to the bus, started to piddle around the house. The cupcakes started to call my name from the fridge. I realized they would until I either gave in (which we all know would not actually stop the call but rather intensify it), gave them away (working on it-but everyone seems to be out of town this week), or got enough sleep to resist.

I went back to bed around 8:30, got some great sleep. But now I feel like I have been run over by a bus. sort of groggy. I have been up for over an hour. Had a little something to eat, drank some green tea. (I had 2 mugs of coffee the first go round) not sure how I am going to snap myself out of it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I'm having sleep issues, too. I'm in bed with 8-9 hours available, keep my room dark, and keep it cool. I just can't sleep all the way through. I feel like I'm only getting 5-6 hours of sleep.

I'm trying to be mindful of eating and stopping at "80%" full. It's hard...especially when I like what I'm eating.
    -- Ruth

My fit bit tells me I am averaging about 5 hours of actual sleep, in bed for an average of close to 8. I don't know what happened, but the beginning of May I was at like 90% efficiency and now it runs around 60%. It changed, literally, in one day-May 15th.

I have a strange situation with being full. I often don't feel full until 8pm. And then it feels like my tummy is distended. It could be that I finished eating up to 2 hours before. It is very strange. It might be because I have finally sat down to relax and I actually finally feel it. It is very rare that I feel anything even vaguely resembling "had enough". When I do, it is most likely from drinking fluids...my smoothie, or a big glass of iced tea, or my ACV water.

Today is going pretty well, except for a minor indiscretion. I made the breakfast bars for my DH and DD, and did a bit of taste testing. I had to do some ingredient substitutions and I don't know anyway around giving a taste to make sure it will be ok. But, unlike in the past, it was literally a taste-where I kept it n my mouth to taste as opposed to scarfing in a few tablespoons.

I did manage to push past the grogginess and get my garage reorganized enough to get the car back in! Was going to power wash the deck, but it started to rain. Tomorrow.
    Last edited by demuralist; 06-17-2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: grammer
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I'm proud of you for figuring out you needed sleep and acting on that. After I made breakfast for my husband and sons, my husband and I took a two hour nap. It was awesome.

Thanks! I love naps, just rarely do it. I feel better about them since I read Mark's article about splitting sleep. (tmi alert) I really like to nap naked, make the house really cold, and pull up the big comforter. I don't feel comfortable sleeping naked at night. Years ago, my roommate came home unexpectedly and I started to crawl out the 2nd story window thinking someone had broken in, wrapped in my sheet. Luckily she caught me before I jumped, but I learned a lesson about sleeping nude. Not sure why it is ok during the day, but it just makes it all feel that much more luxurious. My husband naps every day, in front of the tv.
    Chris
    Unknown

So.. my plan for the second half of June (since my plan for the first half worked so well;~))...

VLC (net), moderate protein, high fat...did well and it felt good.
    No added sugars or flour....no flour, but had a bit of sugar with the taste testing of the breakfast bars
    No restrictions, goals or limits on veggies...pretty low as anticipated
    Eat only when physically hungry (tummy growling)...except for the breakfast bar tasting
    Eat mindfully...for the most part, the food was thoughtfully chosen and mindfully eaten.

By the numbers...

Calories....1548
    Carbs.....34 Fiber...10 Net....24
    Fat...122
    Protein...59
    Sugar...8

Result 261.0 down .2 I will keep this up for the second half of the month, and then do measurements and re-evaluate the eating plan.

Today will be spent just putzing around the house. Dh goes out of town for the night, so I am going to crank the AC and not wear my mouth piece and see if that effects my sleep.
    Chris
    Unknown

ok, seriously, there is obviously some thing in my brain that does not want me to lose weight. I need to just get the hell out of the house between 2 and 4. I start out with something reasonable, but then all hell breaks loose. Shit. Tomorrow is another day, thank God.
    Chris
    Unknown

Yeah. My brain is mad at my body. I am forever sabotaging myself. How to fix the mind?

How's your yard doing? I thought of you today - we hired some folks to landscape ours!
    -- Ruth