Page 159 of 626 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 6253

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 159

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That is the way I see it.

Every time I see something either on tv or in an article that says Americans are more obese because we are sedentary, and eat out and at fast food restaurants and drink lots of sugared drinks I want to pull my hair out.

Its a red herring (whatever the hell that means!).

They are so obviously focusing on the wrong thing, as least in my case. I am more physically active than DH. He has a desk job, spends at least 4 hours a day in front of the tv, sleeps at least 9 to 10 hours between naps and bed. He does go to the gym 5 days a week-he does the typical workout. I garden, do housekeeping, run errands, don't watch more than 2 hours of tv a day, am in bed at least 8 hours (although my quality may not actually give me 8 hours of sleep). I rarely eat out-maybe once a month I eat food I have not prepared myself. I never eat fast food or drink any kind of sugared drinks and haven't for years.

It is enough to make me want to pull my hair out!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

My plan for June (I will keep copying this until it is in my brain!)...

No restrictions or targets on Fat or Proteins
    No added sugars or flour....YES
    8 to 9 veggies with no more than 1 fruit, berries...no, only 4-not eating breakfast really cuts into this number
    Let the carbs fall where they may
    Eat only when physically hungry (tummy growling)...YES!
    Eat mindfully...yes, it was all plated, eaten in front of a mirror or with others

Yesterday was easier, not sure why. My brain was not on food or losing even though the scale went up. Not sure why.

I planted 3 rose bushes and did some weeding yesterday, a bit of house work.

The fun thing is I am teaching myself to crochet, and making a giant doily that will be a rug, in the process. I am using a size "U" hook, and 1/2" cotton cording. Fun, fast, and hopefully profitable. They sell on line for $600 and up! If I can sell something that I have $60 worth of materials in, that I did when I would have been sitting around anyway, for $600...I may get DH off my back about getting a job/making the money for the kid's college.

Stats...

Calories...1470
    CHO...88 Net...66
    Protein...82
    Fiber...22
    Sugar...54 this is up from fruits and veggies... I got 5 from the TJ's 100 calories 70% dark chocolate bar I had, but a serving of roasted beets has 18g, my cabbage had 9g, and my strawberries had 9g. I am just not going to get too upset about this number being high when it is coming from fruits and mostly veggies.

Result...259.2 which is down 2.6 go figure, and again we all know that I did not have a calorie deficit of over 8,700 calories. So wish the science would figure it all out instead of spending so much energy trying to find a pill or surgery for it.
    Last edited by demuralist; 06-05-2012 at 05:54 AM. Reason: math-duh
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

8 to 9 veggies with no more than 1 fruit, berries...no, only 4-I seem to be settling here
    Eat mindfully...yes, sort of-see below

Yesterday was easier, I was out of the house for most of the day.

I knew I would be away from home for lunch so I took a packet of almonds along to tide me over. I did eat them at my desk, but my tummy was growling, and I ate one at a time not putting the next one in until I had totally finished the last one.

After work I had to run to pick up DD's scripts, which weren't ready then across town to get my car worked on, then back to pick up the scripts, then stopped in to TJ Maxx got a couple of tops on clearance, then home. No time for lunch, shared a (homemade) smoothie with my daughter at 5:30. Then, out for a brew with friends. I don't care for beer so this was easy. I did not really want pizza but they ordered it for the table to share and I was hungry so I had the equivalent of 1/6th of a very thin crust 12" 'artisan' pizza and 2 sips of beer.

It was actually a fun day, I really like the guys who work on my car and I chat with the owner while the guys work on it, knitting or flipping through a garden picture book as we chat. I got 4 new tops for $90, not bad, and all in pretty summery colors.

Result...257.0 which is down 2.2, so something is working, but as I said yesterday we all know that I did not have a calorie deficit of over 7,000 calories, but will happily take the loss.
    Last edited by demuralist; 06-06-2012 at 05:49 AM. Reason: omg, math duh!
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I'm glad you are seeing some results.

yeah, it kind of figures that when I decide I will spend a month focused on process that I would start to see results!

Forgot to post my stats for yesterday...

Calories...959 (thus the results)
    Carbs...51 Net....41
    Fat...57
    Protein...47
    Fiber...10
    Sugar...9

Even with calories this low, my carbs did not go back down to VLC levels, which I am perfectly ok with since I never really felt good on VLC.
    Chris
    Unknown

8 to 9 veggies with no more than 1 fruit, berries...yes! not complete servings of each, but way over
    Eat mindfully...yes

Yesterday was a great day, got some sedum planted in my newly refreshed rock garden, started some dried fruits in my new dehydrator for the hubs and dd, and started a batch of cream cheese. I am still working on the doily rug, trying to learn to crochet at the same time as designing and making it, so I am working the brain as well as my fingers and even my arms and upper body-I need to work on the tension of my stitches a little! I honestly hope that once I get this perfected it is something I will be able to sell for $500 a piece. It is a $65 materials investment, and 5 to 10 hours of time, but the time is time I am sitting around while DH has control of the remote anyway!

There is a lot going on at my house again this summer, we are having pegboard put up over one wall in the garage, the electrician is here fixing odds and ends, and the deck needs a coat of some kind of protection. I am "painting" a compass rose into the center of the deck, but the deck itself is pretty high off the ground so I am having someone else do the protective coating on the outside and the stairs. Going to keep working on the rock garden, and finish up the back yard. fun stuff, I love summer.

Yesterday's stats....

Calories...1457
    Carbs...54 Net....29
    Fat...91
    Protein...111
    Fiber...25
    Sugar...16

Result...257.8 that is up .8. inexplicable and frustrating.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Just keep at it and remember there is no rhyme or reason with numbers sometimes.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

No added sugars or flour....nope, made breakfast bars for DH and DD, did some taste testing, a bit more than I should have, no flour but there is some sugar in them. I did track it though.
    8 to 9 veggies with no more than 1 fruit, berries...yes! but I tasted a few pieces each of the dried fruit I made for the family, and I had 4 medjool dates with homemade cream cheese - had no idea that dates had that many carbs, WOW
    Eat mindfully...sort of, I did take time to eat what I thought my body was asking for, but my last bit was eaten in front of the tv

The giant doily rug is coming along nicely, I have ripped it out a couple of times because I didn't like the way it was looking, but it gets big pretty fast. It is excellent workout for my hands and fingers, and last night I actually had to take something for the pain in my thumbs so I could sleep. I will keep doing it every night, as I am pretty sure that in the end it will be good for me.

The materials were delivered for a pegboard wall in my garage, however the guy who was supposed to do it did not show up. The electrician did though so all the lights are again working in the house, yeah! and as a bonus the guy who did the electrical got my garbage disposal unstuck and taught me how to do it if it happens again, very nice guy.

Weather is supposed to be beautiful again today, and I am going to start sanding the deck for the compass rose, very excited!

Yesterday's stats....

Calories...1756
    Carbs...138 Net....111
    Fat...108
    Protein...69
    Fiber...27
    Sugar...30

Result...260.2 that is up 2.4 I think it is the Lupini Beans I had. These are an Italian treat from my childhood. I make them by first boiling them and then soaking them for weeks changing the water every day. They are salty, very low in calories, have zero net carbs, and decent protein. But every time I eat them, I gain a couple of pounds. Rats, gonna have to take them off my list of ok food sources for now. I am also sure that the dates as well as the tastes from the breakfast bars contributed. BUT, again, I did not over eat by 8,700 calories.
    Last edited by demuralist; 06-08-2012 at 05:49 AM. Reason: oops
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE dates but they are almost literally just a piece of sugar. I do not get dates often because of that and then they are dried. I would like to have a fresh date though someday. I heard they are lovely.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

ooo, never even knew you could eat them fresh, gotta think about that. I really like the dried ones with cream cheese and a walnut, but gotta let it go.
    Chris
    Unknown