Page 158 of 660 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258658 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 6600

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 158

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The problem I have with doing the McKenna plan full on is, well fear. I wish I had tracked my food so I knew what I ate and could just do it again. Of course the issue there is that then I wouldn't be doing the plan.

I am going to really work on 2 of his 4 rules, and get them totally ingrained. They are the 2 that I think will, at least in the beginning really make a difference, not only in my weight but also in my attitude toward food.

1. Eat only when I am really physically hungry, tummy growling.
    2. Eat mindfully. Sit down at a table with my plate and pay attention to what I am eating. For me this also includes, putting my utensils down between bites, sitting in front of a mirror (when alone) or eating with people around, tracking every morsel, etc. Things that make me pay attention to what I am eating.

Karin, I think it is flexible enough that you could join me.

One of the things I am finding out, is that when I only eat when physically hungry, I tend to skip food at breakfast. I have been doing a cup of coffee with HWC, and then a glass of iced Republic of Tea Double Green Matcha with a bit of HWC as well. Not a problem except that I don't get any fruit or veggies and it has been hard to make up the difference, so I have only been getting 7. But I am ok with that.

I should add that I am working to stay with a calorie limit of about 1500, give or take depending on my activity level for the day. If I sit around all day, I wll try for 1400, if I move around all day, I won't worry too much if I hit 1700. So I am shooting for a range of 1400 to 1700 on that.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Today is what I like to call a "Chamber of Commerce" day. It is absolutely beautiful. Sun is shining, light breeze, 65 degrees. Perfect for yard work. I have done a couple hours, taking a break and am going out to do a whole lot more.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Can you explain this McKenna? I dont think I have heard of it before.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

He wrote a book called "I Can Make You Thin" part of it was about self hypnosis, which I still use to fall asleep at night, and a "tapping" technique, which I think is a little out there and never really used. But the important part, from my perspective, is that he had 4 "Golden Rules"...

1. Eat only when you are physically hungry
    2. Eat exactly what you REALLY want, not what you are supposed to.
    3. Eat consciously, mindfully, slowly, savoring every single morsel.
    4. STOP, when you are no longer hungry.

Simple, but NOT easy. I actually lost 50 pounds doing it. But it was truthfully extremely difficult. I am hoping that if I focus on #'s 1 and 3, that 4 will fall into place and eventually I will be comfortable enough to go with all of them. Because it is truly what I aspire to do for life.
    Chris
    Unknown

So, yesterday was a fairly successful day.

My plan for June (I will keep copying this until it is in my brain!)...

No restrictions or targets on Fat or Proteins
    No added sugars or flour....no, pizza
    8 to 9 veggies with no more than 1 fruit, berries...no, only 6
    Let the carbs fall where they may
    Eat only when physically hungry (tummy growling)...YES!
    Eat mindfully...yes, it was all plated eaten in front of mirror

The weather was amazing and I ended up doing 4 hours of work outside, 2 heavy pruning and weeding, and 2 moving and arranging the stones and rocks for my rock garden.

My tummy was definitely growling for lunch, which was at the 2 hour mark of the yard work.

I was also hungry for dinner. Yesterday was a pizza day, I make it homemade and weigh out the dough, it is a planned "treat" as such I don't consider it a cheat. I had also made homemade goat cheese, so my pizza had a tiny splash of sauce, an ounce of parm, mozzerella, fontina mix, and ounce of the goat cheese, a couple of slices of tomato and a chopped yellow bell pepper.

Obviously, was very active yesterday, and we even took a short walk around the neighborhood it was so lovely last night.

Stats...

Calories...1525
    CHO...117 Net...95 (the pizza crust pushed this up)
    Fat...82
    Protein...84
    Fiber...23
    Sugar...26 (close, trying to keep it at 25 or below, this is mostly from the blueberries)

This morning's weight...260.6 up .4. to be fair, I can feel the puffiness, probably from sweating doing all that work and not drinking enough to make up for it.
    Chris
    Unknown

Looks good. I am impressed with your dedication to tracking. That is a struggle for me. You are right though, the four rules "look" easy but I "know" its anything but.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Agreed. I'm in no track mode again. There is just no point. When I'm on, I'm on...when I'm off...Damn the torpedoes.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    When I'm on, I'm on...when I'm off...Damn the torpedoes.
    my new motto..lol
    Karin

I just really feel like I know the answer in inside of me, and the only way I can find it is if I have all the information. At the very least as I am successful I can repeat it when times get tough.

No added sugars or flour....no, too much to put here
    8 to 9 veggies with no more than 1 fruit, berries...nope, just 3!
    Let the carbs fall where they may...oh they fell alright! 121
    Eat only when physically hungry (tummy growling)...yes, but I was hungry all day long, literally tummy growling
    Eat mindfully...about half and half

So yes, when I am on I am on, and right now it seems to be damn the torpedoes.

For some reason yesterday I was "hungry" all day. I actually woke up with my stomach growling, which never happens to me. So I nibbled all day, trying to figure out what the heck it was I needed. I am sure my body was looking for something. My food choices for most of the day were like this..."ok so the nuts didn't quench the hunger, maybe the beef will...ok that didn't do it maybe eggs will...ok that didn't work maybe...." Finally at the end of the day my DD brought in the stuff from the smores and I had 4 marshmallows and half a Hershey bar, which didn't do it either, but it was time for bed, so I just quit eating and went to bed.

Stats...

Calories...2650
    CHO...121 Net...88
    Fat...197
    Protein..111
    Fiber...33
    Sugar...59

What these numbers tell me is that I was reaching for fat and carbs/sugar and should have reached for a bit more protein instead. Although my carbs as well as my net carbs are not that far off of yesterday, while my sugar is about double.

Result, weight is up to 261.8 that is another 1.8 pounds. The good news is that at least the reason for the gain today is not a mystery. Although technically if 1 pound is 3500 calories, and I didn't even eat 3500 calories, it definitely argues against the "calories in vs. calories out" theory as well as the "a calorie is a calorie" theory.

So it is looking like I gotta come up with a theory of my own! Thinking sugar may have something to do with it. Or maybe the fat/sugar combo?
    Last edited by demuralist; 06-04-2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: clarify
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I just really feel like I know the answer in inside of me, and the only way I can find it is if I have all the information. At the very least as I am successful I can repeat it when times get tough.

No added sugars or flour....no, too much to put here
    8 to 9 veggies with no more than 1 fruit, berries...nope, just 3!
    Let the carbs fall where they may...oh they fell alright! 121
    Eat only when physically hungry (tummy growling)...yes, but I was hungry all day long, literally tummy growling
    Eat mindfully...about half and half

So yes, when I am on I am on, and right now it seems to be damn the torpedoes.

For some reason yesterday I was "hungry" all day. I actually woke up with my stomach growling, which never happens to me. So I nibbled all day, trying to figure out what the heck it was I needed. I am sure my body was looking for something. My food choices for most of the day were like this..."ok so the nuts didn't quench the hunger, maybe the beef will...ok that didn't do it maybe eggs will...ok that didn't work maybe...." Finally at the end of the day my DD brought in the stuff from the smores and I had 4 marshmallows and half a Hershey bar, which didn't do it either, but it was time for bed, so I just quit eating and went to bed.

Stats...

Calories...2650
    CHO...121 Net...88
    Fat...197
    Protein..111
    Fiber...33
    Sugar...59

What these numbers tell me is that I was reaching for fat and carbs/sugar and should have reached for a bit more protein instead. Although my carbs as well as my net carbs are not that far off of yesterday, while my sugar is about double.

Result, weight is up to 261.8 that is another 1.8 pounds. The good news is that at least the reason for the gain today is not a mystery. Although technically if 1 pound is 3500 calories, and I didn't even eat 3500 calories, it definitely argues against the "calories in vs. calories out" theory as well as the "a calorie is a calorie" theory.

So it is looking like I gotta come up with a theory of my own! Thinking sugar may have something to do with it. Or maybe the fat/sugar combo?
    you ate less than 3500 calories and burned calories as well so looking at the amount of calories you are eating to signal weight gain is not accurate. Right?
    Karin