Page 157 of 607 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 6070

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 157

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    great day! Chatting in the car, like old times, except that DH can't hear and he gets irritated when I repeat the kid's response. I guess because it means I heard it and he didn't a sort of validation that his hearing is getting worse.

Back to the real world today, and the normalish schedule. I will be back on the treadmill by 7am! I am going to work on Dean Dwyer's "Lessons". I really think that they will help with the mental part.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

So I just took the time to make graphs for....

weight
    steps
    sleep hours
    calories
    carbs
    fat
    protein
    fiber
    sugar

Guess what I learned. There is no correlation. NONE

I am going to start charting this month for fluid intake as well and next month I will remake the graphs and see what I learn.

It is sad, because nothing I did worked. My weight today is about a pound and a half less than at the beginning of the month. Which was 10 pounds more than the start of last month. And at 261.4 was 6 pounds less than when I started Primal. Where do I go from here. If what I eat and what I do doesn't help me to lose weight, what are my options.

Was my eating perfect? No, but it was totally reasonable. Lets see where 1 perfect day will get me...lets try today and see what happens. So far so good.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Rats, so much for a perfect day, just ate a homemade "mounds bar middle" DD makes them for her snacks, usually sugar free, but this batch used sugar so I counted it as a mounds bar.

Well, it isn't June yet (how is that for an old diet mentality creeping in?)
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I am almost at the give up stage of losing weight so I feel for you and can relate. I admire your dedication though in picking it all apart.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Well, I cannot totally give up, I just gotta figure out what works.

the last thing that worked was low carb. I did a Low Carb Mediterranean Diet, just before I went Primal. Lost 22 pounds, then Primal stalled me. Not sure why except that I probably loosened the rules since I figured I was eating "healthy".

The thing that worked before that was Paul McKenna's book "I Can Make You Thin" 3 summers ago. I got to my lowest weight in 10 years (234). Then stopped doing it and I gained it all back and then some.

June is the month, I clean up my act.

I am going to do the LCMD, which is pretty much primal, just shifting focus for the month to see what happens. In conjunction with that, I will only eat when I am really physically hungry and I will eat mindfully. Those last 2 are 2 of the 4 rules that McKenna uses in his book. I will work on these 2 this month and worry about the other 2 once I have these down pat.

So LCMD is ... http://advancedmediterraneandiet.com...ree_online.pdf

My plan for June...

No restrictions or targets on Fat or Proteins
    No added sugars or flour
    8 to 9 veggies with no more than 1 fruit, berries
    Let the carbs fall where they may

I will eat when I am hungry, and I will sit down and eat like a civilized human being-from a plate putting the utensil down between each bite chewing, then swallowing, then assessing if I need another bite. I can always put what ever it is back in the fridge if I don't finish it. No rules for how many times or when I can eat, only that I have to have a growling tummy.

Truly this is what I would hope for as a style of eating for life so it is time to get good at it.

Activity wise, trying for 10,000 steps daily. Walking on the treadmill, Just Dance with DD, or yard work, along with following my new "house cleaning plan"....stilettos & bubblegum: CHORE CHART

I will keep meticulous notes, a daily weight graph, as well as track every morsel of food, and type and amount of activity.
    Chris
    Unknown

Alrighty, it starts today! I don't know how many hundreds of times I have said that in reference to my weight plan, but one of these times it has to be right. And it is going to be this time. This is an experiment. An N=1 if you will. Today starts the collection of data.

The things I know so far...

I tend to lose if I move. No set amount of movement, maybe just more standing than sitting as opposed to "exercise".

I tend to lose if my calories are close to 1500, give or take.

I will be keeping a journal of steps/activities/weight/measurements/sleep on my fitbit dashboard.

I will be keeping track of everything that goes into my mouth on MyFitnessPal.com

This journal will be about my attitude and working through the "Making Shift Happen" Lessons. According to Dean's "Hierarchy of Change" this puts me squarely in the researcher mode with one foot in the experimenter stage.

So my first experiment in willpower and change (again following Dean's lead=Decide, Plan, Act, Audit)...to not join in a feeding frenzy that takes place at my house starting around dinner time and ending at bedtime. I don't generally eat that whole time, just someone in the house is eating during that time, and it tends to draw me into the kitchen, and I will then usually start to pick at things. And especially after dinner it tends to be dessert type foods. The family generally makes these for themselves so there is no need for me to be a part of the process of making/eating/cleaning. So my plan is to make myself busy, in another part of the house if necessary. I have a ton of projects I could be working on, I will pick one and get to it. I will just ignore the activity in the kitchen, as my attention is really about "getting to eat" whatever it is they are working on. I will report tomorrow on how it went.

This is about becoming in reality the person I see in my wishes and dreams.
    Chris
    Unknown

Blog | Make shift happen

Just in case anyone is interested.
    Chris
    Unknown

My plan for June...

No added sugars or flour

So yesterday went pretty well, I had a bit of rice, won't do that again. I don't love it and wow does it have a lot of carbs!

I was within all of my goals for calories and macros, didn't move as much as I would have liked but I was not sedentary either.

I will need some serious practice at leaving food on my plate, I am not good with that.

This morning's weight...260.2 up .2.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I like your plan. I love your attitude (it's something I ALWAYS love about you).

I found that I'm back to where I started when I started SPEED in November. Sigh. I did really well with Paul McKenna myself...not sure why I do not try it again. I know I need to re-evaluate as well
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    My plan for June...

No added sugars or flour

LOVE THIS!!! I will be curious as to the results. I have been a little tempted to do something like this myself.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.