Page 156 of 600 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 5996

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 156

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So glad the family is realizing what they have in you and how things would be if you weren't you - ya know? I must admit that I have been suprised that my teen daughter has given me hugs after she realizes that "Mom's having a tough time right now". Congrats on the loss - have a great weekend!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Glad you feel better today and that the family is cooperating.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Chris - SO glad that yesterday was much nicer!

As to the weight loss goal and timing, that one gets me every time. Of course, at the second, I can't budge the 10 pounds I've gained from my low, though at least I dropped the additional 5. The 5 has come from me more recently focusing on life long behaviors. I'm attempting (some day better than others) to focus on those things I can control and need to control for life. The scale (alas) is not one of them.

Here's hoping for a completely wonderful day!
    -- Ruth

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    So it turns out that much of my weight has left from my middle and ribcage area. That means that none of my bras fit, they all ride up. Enter a huge memorial day sale...Sexy Plus Size Lingerie, Bras, Panties and Sleepwear | Cacique Intimates

So I am off to the store as soon as I get cleaned up! Nothing like spending a small fortune on something very few will get to see (but makes a huge difference in your posture/attitude) to make a person feel extravagant! Like a great secret (kinda like my tattoo).
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Yeah, first bra I tried on fit perfectly and was on sale, I bought 2!

So am I the only woman in the universe that actually loses weight while on TOM? 2 days in and I lost 3 pounds? Yes I did eat less both days, not sure how or why.

But yesterday was actually my "official" cheat day. I made homemade pizza. Weighed the crusts, as well as all the toppings. For myself, I made a chicken, tomato, and roasted artichoke pizza. I used 4 oz of dough for myself and DD the boys got 8 oz each. Everyone gets their own and gets to pick their toppings. DH just took what I had (he wanted pineapple and ham but didn't tell me that until I was putting them together-he couldn't decide when I was on my way to the grocery/market). DS had a philly cheesesteak (steakums and cheese with sauce). DD just wanted sauce and cheese cause she was looking to slather siracha on. The dough recipe makes enough for us to have 2 pizza days, and can be frozen! So we do 1 pizza day a week in the summer.

Yesterday's stats...

Calories = 1768
    Carbs = 108 Net= 79
    Fat = 110
    Protein = 85
    Fiber = 29
    Sugar = 17

Result down .8

I got a craving for coconut yesterday. So I basically made the inside of the mounds bar. 2C unsweetened dessicated coconut, 1/3C Trader Joes light coconut milk, 1T creamed coconut-since the milk was 'light', 1/4C of enjoy life mini chocolate chips, and sweetener to taste - mix of stevia-20 drops- and zsweet-6 packets. Mix it all up, squeeze by the tablespoon into balls, put them in mini cupcake cups in mini upcake tins, I got 15 balls, would have gotten more but had to taste for sweetener;~}. Put them in the fridge to firm up. Perfect.

Reading Dean's latest edition of his blog Blog | Make shift happen and on a quick read the thing that popped into my head that didn't work either time I tried it was BPC. So I stopped it, sadly, I really like it, but it doesn't help me so. I will take some time this weekend to go through his first blog in this series and then work on this second one before I get behind!

I really suggest this blog, I Love that it is really about the mind and attitude and not "diet" specific.
    Last edited by demuralist; 05-27-2012 at 06:04 AM. Reason: problem with numbers
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Chris- I have been trying to follow the blog and admit I probably need to start over. Since summer has started I might actually be able to focus on it alone instead of all the other crap that jumbles the brain when I am more on the go.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Well, luckily he just started a new format. And essentially there are 2 "lessons". He did a first sort of introductory explaining what he plans to do. So it will be easy to "start over".
    Chris
    Unknown

So, something happened on May 16. Up until then I was sleeping well, and doing pretty well on my food plan. Then my sleep time went from about 7 1/2hrs to about 4 1/2hrs a night. It was the first day that I had a real binge in a very very long time. And I have become decreasingly interested in moving. It was mid-cycle (TOM) so ovulating I would guess (if that still happens in a nearly menopausal woman).

This week I moved upstairs thinking it was the higher temperature of the room, but there is no change.

Not sure what to do, yesterday I actually ended up taking an aleve because my joints were aching and I thought maybe that was causing the problems, but no change.

It has nothing to do with the environment. So it is something internal, wish I could figure it out.
    Chris
    Unknown

weight up this morning, DAH, too much food.

All good stuff, no chips or bread or whatever, but it was just too much. Not sure why, but I felt like I would feel after a Thanksgiving banquet. I did eat past when I should have, hunger wise, but my plate was full of a beautiful spinach salad (I made it), with a grass fed burger on top. I did also eat a small ear of corn, and some cantaloupe and watermelon. DD made PB ice cream for them, I don't really care for it so no temptation there. But no where near enough liquid.

I also did a couple of hours of yard work. SOOOOO hot out there.

Off this morning to take DS on a college visit, DD is going along so she can visit with friends, DH is going along as well, so a whole family experience-VERY rare these days.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    whoo hoo.. hope the family outing was good!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.