Page 154 of 600 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 5996

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 154

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I very much appreciate a new objective perspective on my food tracking. Whether or not you are currently successful with using your knowledge in your own circumstance, I know that you have the knowledge to evaluate my log in a helpful manner. Thanks!

Now I can see that not enough of my nutrients are coming from real food. I really like to have a lot of calories mid day. By this I mean that that is when my body really seems to want nutrients. And I think it will help keep the afternoon munchies at bay. So I am thinking that I will try to plan for that.

I will use your suggestion to have the smoothie with lunch, cutting back on the whey and gelatin, and do 1/2 of the salad I was doing before I started this last switch, which is a tuna salad with walnuts, apple, celery, and broccoli slaw mix with homemade mayo.

for dinner today I have planned to have a bowl of my beef/cabbage/tomato/bone broth soup with a nice mixed salad, and a serving of raw brazil nuts.

So here is today's plan-feel free to comment. Demuralist's Food Diary | MyFitnessPal.com

I have never been able to get my protein very high unless I used whey though. I really an a veggie eater at heart.

p.s. can you just exactly duplicate that 10 meal plan, for just the next 10 days?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Yesterday went well. I could have used more fluid, for some reason I didn't drink all of my teas, and that makes me go looking for something a little sweet at the end of the day. I didn't eat anything, but I did learn a lesson, drink the tea.

I am going to stay with what I did yesterday for a few days.

I am really wanting to get back to 251, which is what I was at the beginning of April and then gained 10 to get up to 261 by the beginning of May. I have been hovering there for the first half of this month.

So I commit to following my plan, with ZERO deviations, for the next 9 days, the rest of May. No sugar, no tastes, or bites, or licks, or whatever. Just focus on eating on plan.

The other thing I plan to do is to try to shift my focus away from the plan and onto just anything else, basically, my LIFE!

Hopefully this will have the result of taking those last 8 pounds back off and put me back on track with my intentions.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Did my BPC this morning with Republic of Tea's Double Green Matcha tea, so very yummy that way, gonna keep it! Did not get to do the treadmill, had to take DS to school because he had his final art project and couldn't walk to school without the possibility of damaging it. Will do some dance game with DD this afternoon to make up for it, after I spread some mulch.
    Chris
    Unknown

I am worn out. Planted 3 very large day lillies, 2 autumn joy sedums, and 1 absolutely beautiful crop of calla lillies. All the lillies are a pinkish purple with yellow inside, very pretty.

The upside of a fitbit over a body bug, is they are very small and I can wear the fitbit in a variety of discreet places.

The downside is that the body bug, I believe, does a much better job of giving you credit for work you do that does not necessarily take steps to do it.

Pretty sure I wear the fitbit more diligently than I would wear the body bug though.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, the body bugg reads electrical signals from your skin to accurately read calories burned and activity, but it shows as a large bump on your bicep. I hated that it was so obvious. I only wear it if I am looking for specific info.

OK, so 2 days in a row that I would consider a success, even if I hadn't lost weight. But luckily I did. 3 pounds in 2 days, so down to 258. Still looking for (visualizing if you will), 251 on that scale by the 1st of June. So 8 days for 7 pounds, we'll see. Normally I would say it was crazy talk, but since it is my low weight from last month, I feel sure it is mostly water. I gained it back too quickly for me to have eaten enough extra calories to think it is fat.

I know for right now, sleep is an issue. I really need to try to sleep upstairs tonight in the hopes that it is cooler up there and that being hot is by virtue of the ambient temperature and not hot flashes. I have to be going through menopause, but have no symptoms. But it is possible that I only have hot flashes during the night while I am trying to sleep. Although, according to the fitbit, the sleep issue has really only been this week.

I will stick to the food plan today. I have more yard work to do this afternoon - spreading pine straw mulch around the plants I put in yesterday.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I really need to plant something. Our Texas friends are already harvesting.

I had only meant to get a couple of succulents, but the lillies look so nice and I really need something there, so now today I have to do what I had planned for yesterday.
    Chris
    Unknown

so, proof of concept, it is not all about carbs, calories do count...

Yesterday's stats...

Calories = 1958
    Carbs = 71 Net= 44
    Fat = 257
    Protein = 100
    Fiber = 27
    Sugar = 21

result is back up 1.2

Sleep has been awful, so yesterday I actually took a nap. What a waste of time. I slept but still felt terrible when I got up, and it bugs me that I am in bed at night long enough to sleep but am not sleeping. Got nothing done yesterday, moved minimally.

Just as tired today.
    Chris
    Unknown

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    There's some kind of math problem going on in your post.
    257 grams of fat alone would be 2313 calories on its own. The protein, 400; the carbs, 284. So, shouldn't your total be 2997?
    I'm not usually such a nitpicker, but I was just doing my tracking last night, sort of boggling at the numbers, so I guess I am still on hyper-number-alert.
    Last edited by Sabine; 05-24-2012 at 06:40 AM.